Mining Help

Bethany

Hi All

I got some questions about mining, I am still very new to mining and for that much hunting but I have questions.

My info
I understand the basics of mining I've done some mining runs and have some equipment
I'm a non-depo that sweats as a primary profession
I am a lvl 0 or 1 on most profession lvls in mining
I have the TT finder maxed and the F 101 Close to max depth

My questions

I looking for a profession other then sweating soc mates claim that they have depoed 200ped and havent needed to depo after that, doing 100 to 200 ped runs everyday without takeing any real loses, is that possable over months at a time? I hear that normal returns on runs are 70%-90% and you need MU to profit unless you global. Then how is mining sustainable? Is this posable? or is there something else going on like crafting with mining mats.

I would like to know how to choose a mining spot lets say I'm looking for force nexus and sweat stuff. I know by looking on little big mining log's website that the area near treasure island and some of the outback areas are best for that but how do you know when to move if you get NRF (I was told 2-3 NFRs in a row) and how far to move? How often do areas respawn nodes hourly daily weekly? I know some of these questions cant really be answered very well but I've watched the youtube videos and read the guides on web that I could find.

Being a non depo I make my money off of sweat so it takes a very long time to build ped up to mine/hunt so I have to try get the most out of my ped I cant just cc and do something else. So I hear that mining is the safer profession to use as a main profession over hunting and crafting. Its is over hunting only because traders buy almost everything you mine up rather then the just select loot from mobs.

I've talked with my mentor who I found out is only a long time hunter so not much mining help there and I'm in a newly formed soc with 5-6 active members with only 2 miners so I have to ask questions here.

Thank you for your time
Bethany

Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

I looking for a profession other then sweating soc mates claim that they have depoed 200ped and havent needed to depo after that, doing 100 to 200 ped runs everyday without takeing any real loses, is that possable over months at a time? I hear that normal returns on runs are 70%-90% and you need MU to profit unless you global. Then how is mining sustainable? Is this posable? or is there something else going on like crafting with mining mats.

You will need MU to profit even IF you global :D Most players who track their returns come up with a 90% return in the long run. So, if you are mining unamped, you will need to focus on areas with resources that average above a 110% markup to be o-k... not impossible, but much harder to do with the current game economy

I would like to know how to choose a mining spot lets say I'm looking for force nexus and sweat stuff. I know by looking on little big mining log's website that the area near treasure island and some of the outback areas are best for that but how do you know when to move if you get NRF (I was told 2-3 NFRs in a row) and how far to move? How often do areas respawn nodes hourly daily weekly? I know some of these questions cant really be answered very well but I've watched the youtube videos and read the guides on web that I could find.

Even the most seasoned mining veterans don't all of the answers to these questions. You just never know for sure when it's your "lucky time". However, resource TYPES do seem to come and go in cycles. For example, a certain area may have iron/belkar/ignisium. During one trip maybe you will get mostly iron, then mostly belkar another, then maybe all three in equal amounts on a third trip. This might depend on time of day/week/month/year, or maybe it depends on which resources were being used for crafting that day... No player will ever really be able to prove which case is true.

Being a non depo I make my money off of sweat so it takes a very long time to build ped up to mine/hunt so I have to try get the most out of my ped I cant just cc and do something else. So I hear that mining is the safer profession to use as a main profession over hunting and crafting. Its is over hunting only because traders buy almost everything you mine up rather then the just select loot from mobs.

I don't think any of the professions are safe since you never know when you'll hit a bad loot streak :laugh: But I suppose yes, mining would definitely be the least dangerous since you will always recover some of your losses from resource markups.

Also, try #rookie chat in-game and maybe some players can answer questions you have while playing. Good luck!

Mining can be profitable, but not in the short run when a poor run with 60 or 70% tt return can pretty much wipe out your working capital - and i've had periods like that that have lasted for months. In that, its pretty much like starting a RL business. You must have enough capital to see you through the times of poor returns. Try talking to Neil Greenleaf Stockton who runs a mining operation on Arkadia and who can offer much expert advice. www.greenleafmining.com

Hi All

I got some questions about mining, I am still very new to mining and for that much hunting but I have questions.

<snip>

My questions

It depends on what they are finding when they are mining , if they are constantly finding ores and or enmatters with good MU then its possible , however at this bankroll very difficult to sustain

Once you have maxed say a 105 finder and even before that , your "skill" in mining isnt in my opinion much to do with what the numbers say in game , its all you . A lot of what a miner does in game is to do with their own hard earned knowledge (skill if you like) Not many miners will give away the things they have noticed and learned that they percieve give them an advantage after years in game and 10,000's of probes dropped.

See here is a problem. If you get into a habit of selling to traders your going to be constantly selling under markup. You need to have a bankroll large enough to be able to build some stacks that you can either sell direct to a crafter or put on auction. you also need to learn how to use the auction especially with regards to the orders section and auction fees.

Use a spreadsheet (somewhat how the hunters do it) to show TT out and TT in . for each drop , with that you will see how much of a percentage you need to sell your stuff at to break even or maybe profit after each run

Unfortunately there is no quick way to do what you want here , you are going to have to deposit and invest in your avatar.

PS .and if you want to go into space dont take any of it up there in your sleipnir or quad

With a small bank roll I would go for enmatters only. Much cheaper.
Despite what many says there are actually some nice markups on some enmatters.
But yea, many of them sucks.

With a bigger bank roll I would do both.
At least when searching for new spots.

With a small bank roll I would trust LBML and visit the areas they mapped.
With a bigger bank roll I would go search myself. Much more fun but costs a lot before you found the sweat spots.

Try to be systematic in youre mining runs.
Keep logs. Save coords. Use Excel to calculate incomes - expenses.

Once you found an area or two grind them to collect large enough batches to sell (aka less loosing to auction fees).

And dont forget to check the Orders in the auction.
Sometimes it actually happens that there are ore/enmatter orders with good markup.
But not very common.

But one of the best ways to profit on mining is to be a direct supplier to a crafter.
Try selling yourself in Twin Peaks and maybe some crafter will buy from you and there, you have the start of a beutiful relationship :yay:

Back