Question: What's up with vehicles in PvP?

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
So, I kind got a helo, kitted it out, expecting to have a little fun in PvP... but... no.

Lootable PvP, could not enter, Main oil rig and Mini oil rig have exclusion zones around the rigs (y'know, where the people actually are.)

I have to ask. What is the flipping point of weaponisable vehicles if you're precluded from actually utilising them to have fun!

I'm probably not too far off the mark in surmising that some whiners in the past petitioned for this restriction.

Also, on the Gungnir, PLLLEEEEEASE can we have Gimbled primary weapons. Its way to difficult to hit anything with them given the limited manoeuvrability of the helicopter.

Because vehicles are used to block shots and used as additional armor in pvp.. which technically is how they would be used anyway In real life.

I don't think it would be a problem if the same drop vehicle delay is applied to just replacing it.. which is instant.

I'd rather people used something I can damage to defend themselves than an undamageable pet! :)

No doubt. This is something you should feedback in a support case. After all, decay pays the bills. :) using an invulnerable pet as a shield is an exploit.

Ive PKed with vehicles alot, with every gun you can mount.

Problem is, chain guns have no zoom.
In the air its almost impossible to hit that tiny dot that is a player.

Rockets are effective, but for the amount of dmg they do verses the ammo burn its nuts to use them.

Pretty much all the weapons do far to little damage to be effective in PK and have a crazy ammo burn.

IMO since vehicle weapons cant shoot mob's there ammo burn should be very very VERRY little. Your doing damage only to players you cant loot. No reason to have some insane ammo burn.

I'd want to be able to use it in lootable pvp too, find me some miners :D

Lootable - short answer: "Recall all vehicles" ;) (so you would find some miners but they would all have 0 - 10ped MAX on them).

Falagor
:bandit:

Lootable - short answer: "Recall all vehicles" ;) (so you would find some miners but they would all have 0 - 10ped MAX on them).

Falagor

Perhaps just make recall not work? Unless the vehicle is busted and you're no longer in the region.

But I guess that would mean the vehicle would need to be lootable also maybe :/

OR

When you recall, the vehicles inventory is passed to you?

Last edited:
Perhaps just make recall not work? Unless the vehicles is busted and you're no longer in the region.

But I guess that would mean the vehicle would need to be lootable also maybe :/

In the past vehicles were actualy lootable. But then if yo uwoudl have quad (with +1k hp) miner had relly easy chance to escape (even if the veh would not be recallable): jump in - fly up a bit - jump up - die fom fall damage).

I used to love to mine in pvp4 when there were vehicles alowed and i was feeling 100% safe :laugh:.

Falagor

Having a high hit point quad is exactly in-line with MindArk's system, in my opinion, you pays for your advantages :D

I expect them to release high hp limited quads with the space changes.

Back