Nvidea SLI Configuration - Very Low FPS <20

Sal

Alpha
Society
Rampant Rabbitts
SALLY SAL BRIDGES
Just wondering if any one else has noticed that if your running duel SLI graphics that the frame rate has halved or more than halved since the server reboots on tuesday ! - Admitidly I have been playing around with some settings but nothing appears to get the frame rate on Entropia Universe Back up.

I have tried clearing shader cache and everything - I dont really want to have to take everything out of SLI just to get entropia to work at a decent FPS.

Also Judging by the SLI Setup EU have done theres no ingame monitering available as I have tried to moniter this and then set it up.

Where as I am able to monitor the use in other games and have tried using this as a diagnostic on EU.

sli-moniter.jpg

Yes I have even tried dropping settings from very high but it seams currently the maximum is set to 20 fps ;(

I have also Set the Nvidea Phys-X to Every setting available - Rebooted - and Reloaded EU and yep you guessed it still cant get better than 20 FPS

sli-2.jpg

Just wondering if any one else noticing this ?

from what i know, entropia does NOT support SLI

Never been a fan or understood the need for 2 graphic cards. Just means a larger PSU and elec bill.

However, that being said, take one graphic card out and give us the results?

Then try putting it back in and see if all back to normal.

(Variant on the old switch it off and on again, I know, but PC's can be like that ;) )

PS: Interesting Soc. name OP. :flip:

Never been a fan or understood the need for 2 graphic cards. Just means a larger PSU and elec bill.

However, that being said, take one graphic card out and give us the results?

Then try putting it back in and see if all back to normal.

(Variant on the old switch it off and on again, I know, but PC's can be like that ;) )

PS: Interesting Soc. name OP. :flip:
It may help a bit for sure, but in the end, the engine has been modified and both SLI and Crossfire has been turned off. ;)

Worse yet, the video cards that had two Gpu's on board were handicapped due to this. :eyecrazy:

And agree with the soc name. :yup:

Just seen this in the Client Loader for system requirements...

I assume this info below is a lie!? I would of tested it but removed crossfire...

Special Notes
SLI and Crossfire are supported.

Please ensure that you have the appropriate SLI/Crossfire drivers for your operating system.

N.B. As the Entropia Universe is under continual development, system requirements may change over time.

from what i know, entropia does NOT support SLI

Works fine on my machine.

Sal, have you got the extra power lead connected to the graphics cards?

Just seen this in the Client Loader for system requirements...

I assume this info below is a lie!? I would of tested it but removed crossfire...

Hmm interesting....
Thats good news! I guess I can close that open case I've had open for 5 years! :)

just funny, i get more as 30 fps with my old ati7770. I once bought a nvidia, in the same price class as ati is, but it was 50% of the power what ati bid.

Both systems use different architecture. Ati use a lot more hardware shaders as nvidia, may that make it faster?

It really bugs me to have to disable Crossfire just to run Entropia, too. They really need to fix this stuff. It's been going on for too long.

It really bugs me to have to disable Crossfire just to run Entropia, too. They really need to fix this stuff. It's been going on for too long.
I don't have my old cards to try it out again. I gave up on them some time ago, but what your saying is that it still isn't working in your machine?

Interested in what you have (as in hardware, and software) and if you had to do anything out of the ordinary to get it running. Also what FPS your receiving with one card vs two. If you don't mind that is. ;)

I don't have my old cards to try it out again. I gave up on them some time ago, but what your saying is that it still isn't working in your machine?

Over the years, I've had 2 different pairs of cards on 2 different motherboards, one set used the bridge and one set uses CrossfireX. I have tried every setting that I can possibly change in EU, and the Catalyst control center. No matter what I do, whenever I have Crossfire enabled, about a quarter of the objects on the screen constantly flash on and off. Mostly, it happens with objects at a distance, but at Sakura, it's even the weeds right around the TP. It will drive you nuts.

Over the years, I've had 2 different pairs of cards on 2 different motherboards, one set used the bridge and one set uses CrossfireX. I have tried every setting that I can possibly change in EU, and the Catalyst control center. No matter what I do, whenever I have Crossfire enabled, about a quarter of the objects on the screen constantly flash on and off. Mostly, it happens with objects at a distance, but at Sakura, it's even the weeds right around the TP. It will drive you nuts.
Yeah that was my experience with them as well. What I have found though is that the older cards were not supported properly by AMD, and a lot of them worked better with modded firmware. This is something I would like to try now.

As of today, the newer cards work better so crossfire may actually work. I'm hoping AkiranBlade can shed some light with his setup. ;)

as some say, Entropia only support 1 gfx.

I did try several before but its better to put the money on 1 good gfx instead.

Yeah that was my experience with them as well. What I have found though is that the older cards were not supported properly by AMD, and a lot of them worked better with modded firmware. This is something I would like to try now.

As of today, the newer cards work better so crossfire may actually work. I'm hoping AkiranBlade can shed some light with his setup. ;)

Nice try, but my current setup has 2 XFX R9 290 Black cards. Not many newer than that.

And, let me add that they work perfectly well with all of the newest demo and benchmark software. I checked just to make sure that it wasn't something in my set up.

I think I'm going to have to resign myself to the fact that MA have things screwed up. With one card, I can run things on the highest settings at 1080p, but I was hoping to get a bigger monitor soon.

Also, I can make things flash faster or slower, depending on how much anti-aliasing or tesselation I turn on.

Interested in what you have (as in hardware, and software) and if you had to do anything out of the ordinary to get it running. Also what FPS your receiving with one card vs two. If you don't mind that is. ;)

I can't remember the motherboard, but essentially I have:

i7 Extreme
64GB DDR3 RAM
256GB OCZ Agility SSD System Drive
2x256GB OCZ Agility SSD in RAID stripe for games/media
MAXX form factor motherboard, maybe an MSI, I can't remember
A single nVidia GTX 690 (which is essentially two cards pre-wired in SLi mode, this is reflected in the graphics options as shown by the OP)

Never had a problem with it.

FPS; I run around 50-60 (60 being the cap on my monitor refresh rate!)

However, when I turn off performance mode, this probably goes down to between 30 and 40 ish.

Full Settings :D

Oh and I had it custom build to my requirements to a tune of 46,000 PED :D

Nice try, but my current setup has 2 XFX R9 290 Black cards. Not many newer than that.

And, let me add that they work perfectly well with all of the newest demo and benchmark software. I checked just to make sure that it wasn't something in my set up.

I think I'm going to have to resign myself to the fact that MA have things screwed up. With one card, I can run things on the highest settings at 1080p, but I was hoping to get a bigger monitor soon.

Also, I can make things flash faster or slower, depending on how much anti-aliasing or tesselation I turn on.
Yep those are the latest cards, and there is only one higher model then that. So much for getting newer cards. ;) They say they support it (as the engine actually does), but because they have heavily modded the engine, they still haven't really turned on all the parameters to make it run correctly.

I set about speccing an SLi configuration with two GTX 980's. Going to be around 1200 GBP 18,000 PED for those :eyecrazy:

But then the real problem kicked me in the face... a 4K Monitor. For love nor money can I find a curved 4K PC monitor. Apparently the only options are the TVs and that leads to a problem with colour bleeding etc. So the only real option there is the latest Samsung 9000 series as a whopping £2,500 (38,400 PED!)

Back