Racist remark apology

Status
Society
NBK Rangers
KingNobody Noway Nohow
On May 10, 2015 I referred to Troy micjack mcco as a "mush-mouthed ghetto person"

2015-05-10 01:21:45 [Space travel] [KingNobody Noway Nohow] I know mush-mouthed ghetto people don't understand grammar, but can't you rise above your limitations?

This statement was not made as a comment on race (which is in question online in any case) but a condemnation of micjack's poor typesmanship and a reference to his constant bragging about gang membership and being "from the hood"

However, as Mushmouth is a well-known character on the cartoon television show "The Cosby Kids" I can understand how some would (and not unreasonably) assume that my statement constituted an attack on the player in question's race, and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by such an assumption. I by no means have any racially discriminatory intent.

i accept full responsibility for my actions, and would like to state categorically that my erroneous statement in no way reflects the views of The NBK or the KISS transport service.

Takes a big man to admit to a mistake.. Props to ya Bro..

I'm not a part of this whole space-pirate drama, but it doesn't come off as racist to me. "Mush mouth" and "ghetto" are generic phrases that don't denote any racism. Anyone can be "mush-mouthed" and anyone can be from a "ghetto".

But its nice to see the drama is ongoing :laugh:

Meh!

I say "Ghetto" this or that daily,and call my mailman far worse.Don't let the small things bother you.It is only a game. Nice of you to post an apology..You have far more integrity than some folks that you meet irl for that act alone.

Do like I do..Listen to this song and run around your house in a superhero cape..is very cathartic.

i accept full responsibility for my actions, and would like to state categorically that my erroneous statement in no way reflects the views of The NBK or the KISS transport service.

What mean that you accept full responsability for your actions?
Did NBK kicked you from soc and you accept it as you feel responsable for your actions?
Or you got other type of punishment wich you accept?
Or is just empty frase just to say something?

Neither the NBK nor KISS have kicked KingNobody from their ranks. So please don't be speaking of things about which you do not have accurate information.
His original comment was not meant to be in any way racist. However he has realised that others (reading it out of context) may have been offended. He has therefore apologised for causing offence where none was intended. Something that takes integrity

Space is a rough place being PvP: players are killed and looted (both pirates and non-pirates). Non-pirates get mad because in the real world this would be considered a crime and nobody likes to have their ship destroyed and their hard earned items looted; pirates get mad because they get killed on sight sometimes to clear areas from looting danger.

Since piracy is allowed in the game, we will continue to be killed and looted and we will continue to kill/loot pirates. Hopefully we can have fun playing this way instead of resorting to word games (he said/she said).

Having said that, I know King didn't mean to offend - it has been taken out of context. But King is mature enough to apologize instead of prolonging the drama.

King, good for you for having the decency and integrity to come out in an open forum with an apology. Instead of just shrugging things off and getting defensive about it, it shows you are a good person. I was there when you said it and saw the rest of what was said by others, I know you did not mean it to be racially offensive. If someone else was offended then hopefully this apology will suffice and we can all move on and enjoy the game and the company of our friends and soc mates.

I believe making a mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind unless I am missing something. There must be either more to this story or King is having some issues atm that he needs to take a break and resolve.

wtf?? Cosby Kids is a cartoon?

This statement was not made as a comment on race (which is in question online in any case) but a condemnation of micjack's poor typesmanship and a reference to his constant bragging about gang membership and being "from the hood"

I'm sorry, but lets be honest here, damn near anybody who plays EU is most certainly not in a gang and does not live in "The Hood"

The closest thing micjack has ever been in comparable to a gang is his gang of high school buddies who spray paint dicks on peoples houses and sell dime-bags of weed while claiming they "Push Weight"... And the only "Hood" he's probably ever stepped foot in is his parents neighborhood Cul-de-sac.

"I'm like 20 blocks away from the hood. WE OUT HERE!!! ABOUT THAT LIFE!!!"

Everyone wants to be a gangster until its time to do some gangster shit. Then they cry like an infant when they catch a misdemeanor and have to go home the next morning and tell their mother and father, turn around on facebook and say "Thug-Life"

Not Trying to push any drama any further , but if you have to brag about being in a gang and living in the hood in an MMO, you're probably just reciting what you just saw on an episode of Gangland.

Last edited:
Why would you even post this?

I honestly thought the point of this thread was so that he could repost the insult here on the forums while wording it in such a way as to avoid moderator action.

You need to do some research to know the race of an avatar in order to be able to make a racist remark.

lol (mush mouthed). On behalf of all 3 of us in Entropia with black fathers. I accept your apology. :D

lol (mush mouthed). On behalf of all 3 of us in Entropia with black fathers. I accept your apology. :D

Oh ffs. Mods close this shit down !

I understand the reasons why he would post this. More to set the record straight instead of the half-truths or outright lies you may hear from some in Space Chat.

King is good people and to have anyone refer to him as a racist is just plain stupid. But these are the times we live in where people can make claimes about other's character based on a few lines of a chat log. If it were allowed to show the months of harrasment he has dealt with to bring out this one statement, I think you would get a better picture of the man behind the toon.

/mod note/

The threadstarter's apology is about a comment directed to Micjack - who is presently not able to respond on the forum.

It's not really a subject for community discussion. If Micjack wishes to respond at some future point, he can create a new thread.

:locked:

Status
Back