How long for all CLD to become claimed?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Assumptions:
unclaimed CLD value jump considerably higher than current levels after next update.

Question:
How long would it take for all or majority of CLD to be claimed. Considering demand for them to claim plots will be quite high (hence high unclaimed CLD price in future).

Depends on the total of landplots.
Unclaimed Cld without any available landplots left won't rise in price...

Essentially planet calypso are crysis 2 maps linked together.. there is only so much you can add to a level before people start crashing because they are out of memory.
If one landplot goes for 60 cld then they still have to add 1000 landplots, which is an awful lot for our clients to render. Ofcourse they will be smeared out over all those individual crysis 2 maps, but still an awful lot of polygons.
I'm thinking there won't even be 1000 landplots..

Depends on the total of landplots.
Unclaimed Cld without any available landplots left won't rise in price...

Essentially planet calypso are crysis 2 maps linked together.. there is only so much you can add to a level before people start crashing because they are out of memory.
If one landplot goes for 60 cld then they still have to add 1000 landplots, which is an awful lot for our clients to render. Ofcourse they will be smeared out over all those individual crysis 2 maps, but still an awful lot of polygons.
I'm thinking there won't even be 1000 landplots..

We are going to need a third continent it seems.

I suspect for the average 9 CLD holders they will claim their lots quickly.
What will be interesting are those claims of large lots. Huge farming areas. At least the price of CLDS have dropped back a bit.

i always assumed that they were going to add a new area for all of the CLD plots. Not sure if I read that or imagined it, though.

Some people seems to try their best to overhype this estate situation. It won't be different this time. :lolup:

"Work is progressing on distributing CLD estate plots throughout Calypso, including re-landscaping of areas near popular cities and outposts. The first batch of CLD estate plots will be made available in a Version Update after the summer, and will be located in a newly-designed colonist settlement."

So, an update after the summer will only include the first batch of CLD estate plots in a newly-designed settlement.
This means that plots near popular cities and outposts will not be available right away anyway, so many CLDs will stay unclaimed (unused for claiming) until at least the second batch of lands comes out.

After that we may get an idea of what becomes 'left over' - unused land plots or unclaimed CLDs.

As I've said before: it will be interesting to see if claimed CLDs get a separate auction history, or if MA makes it messy like with bps.

We are going to need a third continent it seems.

Given that a plot is 100 square meters (10m x10m) and there's 60,000 plots that's approx 2450m x 2450m.

To give an idea how big this is, treasure island is approx 6000m x 6000m, which means you could get approx 360,000 plots onto treasure island (6 times more than there actually is). Spread that out around all the tps on caly and a few out of the way housing estates and it shouldn't be too hard to fit in.

Given that a plot is 100 square meters (10m x10m) and there's 60,000 plots that's approx 2450m x 2450m.

To give an idea how big this is, treasure island is approx 6000m x 6000m, which means you could get approx 360,000 plots onto treasure island (6 times more than there actually is). Spread that out around all the tps on caly and a few out of the way housing estates and it shouldn't be too hard to fit in.

Fair point.

Guess I'll have to wait for another continent then...

Edit:

Just realized, 10x10 is really tiny. Will barely be able to park a quad and spawn a daikiba on that.

I wonder what will happen to those owning 1-8 CLD.

Will they sell or will they keep? :scratch2:

Not really excited about this idea... anything that increases lags and doesn't improve my gameplay is useless for me. As for 99% of whole caly population.

But I guess, more money in the game is always... good ?

Some people seems to try their best to overhype this estate situation. It won't be different this time. :lolup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Futurama again.

Can someone explain to me how this reversed auction is actually going to work? Do we use CLD to bid with or Peds? I dont get it :confused: Haven't read much about it since I'm not interested anyway but still curious on that matter.

If there is a bidding system to claim plots, my guess is that the first batch will be expensive in one way or the other leaving the other batches unclaimed. for example if you need like 2000 ped of resources to even get a wall up on your estate... Doubt that we will get a full house ready to use right away.

But as I said, haven't read alot about this so this info is maybe written somewhere - but I'm lazy af. :girl:

Can someone explain to me how this reversed auction is actually going to work? Do we use CLD to bid with or Peds? I dont get it :confused: Haven't read much about it since I'm not interested anyway but still curious on that matter.

If there is a bidding system to claim plots, my guess is that the first batch will be expensive in one way or the other leaving the other batches unclaimed. for example if you need like 2000 ped of resources to even get a wall up on your estate... Doubt that we will get a full house ready to use right away.

But as I said, haven't read alot about this so this info is maybe written somewhere - but I'm lazy af. :girl:

As far as I understood, its in development (some sort of a new system I suppose). Therefore probably even MA isn't sure how it will work.

As far as I understood, its in development (some sort of a new system I suppose). Therefore probably even MA isn't sure how it will work.

Sounds expensive :ahh::girl:

Fair point.

Guess I'll have to wait for another continent then...

Edit:

Just realized, 10x10 is really tiny. Will barely be able to park a quad and spawn a daikiba on that.

Well, if the smallest land is 9 plots each land, or 30x30, they will not be that small. That is 25 times bigger than my current RL apartment :silly2:

I think MA will add more claimable land as long as their is unclaimed CLDs if the land-plots runs out. They pretty much are forced to do it, because everyone was promised the ability to claim some land.

I wonder what will happen to those owning 1-8 CLD.

Will they sell or will they keep? :scratch2:

And if kept, will they still payout or ???

Good question.
Do claimed deeds still generate ped?

yes. the only difference is the (x) behind the cld name.

How long? Fairly quickly. Just looking around the plots already plenty have been sold at full CLD quota ie 27 CLDs for a 9 CLD plot! If players continue to over pay with CLDs for certain spots then it will do 2 things

1. The number of active CLDs will drop quickly and drive up the CLD price as MA will keep releasing these estates and the remaining CLDs will be in demand.

2. It is a huge test of patience. To wait until the price hits 9 CLDs for a small plot will take some time, but if you wait you may be able to own 3 small areas for 9 CLD each, vs 1 for 27 CLD. :laugh:

What is interesting is the two current estates are fairly dull. There are still plenty of locations to come, which may be better!

Question:
How long would it take for all or majority of CLD to be claimed. Considering demand for them to claim plots will be quite high (hence high unclaimed CLD price in future).

since today I've been asking myself the same question.

and also, what whill happen with the unclaimed CLD prices?

I noticed that at the moment the claimed go for about the same price as the UC.
:confused:

since today I've been asking myself the same question.

and also, what whill happen with the unclaimed CLD prices?

I noticed that at the moment the claimed go for about the same price as the UC.
:confused:

I think the reason for this is simply because there are a lot of un-claimed CLDs still available on the Auction. Once that changes, once the un-claimed CLDs become hard to get, the price will be adjusted. This however will likely take some time.

Back