Online Status: Streaming

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Streaming gameplay has become quite popular. However, this does lead to some privacy issues where there is a risk that personal messages leaks out.

I've noticed some people like 5$ masks their chats, but not everyone does that.

Having an option to set the online status to "streaming" would at least provide some sort of warning to people.

On top of that, it would be nifty to have the symbol representing your online status next to the name in the title bar of chat windows.

Would be a nice feature. Getting this stuff set-up properly for streaming is a major faff!

good idea .

and minimize button for the chat :yay:

and stream to twich and youtube buttons :yay:

Unless MindArk can develop streaming software better than the offerings out there currently or provide some tooling to enhance the streaming experience, I don't see this ever happening.:wise:

MA wount ever do the streaming experience in the game because ppl have asked MA for a tool ingame to be able to take Pictures of the game for soon 7 years.:wise:

I was excited, thought you were streaming. :laugh:

I agree with idea in OP.

Streaming gameplay has become quite popular. However, this does lead to some privacy issues where there is a risk that personal messages leaks out.

I've noticed some people like 5$ masks their chats, but not everyone does that.

Having an option to set the online status to "streaming" would at least provide some sort of warning to people.

On top of that, it would be nifty to have the symbol representing your online status next to the name in the title bar of chat windows.

Last year I was working with Twitch API (v3 at that time) and it was super easy to get things done. Stream status is a trivial thing to implement... so there is a chance, maybe in 2020 or so.

Unless MindArk can develop streaming software better than the offerings out there currently or provide some tooling to enhance the streaming experience, I don't see this ever happening.:wise:

From technological point of view this is pretty straightforward. Loads of games have streaming integrated into their core. Also new consoles have that.
However probably you are right as we are talking about MA who can't implement much easier or more needed features as borderless full screen, screenshooting or better sound mixer...

From technological point of view this is pretty straightforward. Loads of games have streaming integrated into their core. Also new consoles have that.

However probably you are right as we are talking about MA who can't implement much easier or more needed features as borderless full screen, screenshooting or better sound mixer...

Yeah, it comes down to MA having to get or write a decent compression algorithm to pump down the stream. With regard to the sound, I would love an option to wang the environmental sounds up and down independently from the gun, fap et al. sound effects. Reason being my videos keep getting slammed for copyright because of the use of "Sounds of the fairies in woods" albums and the like.

and minimize button for the chat :yay:

Yea because that is what we want valuable development time wasted on. If they ever spent time on this.. I would quit.

It's a good idea but I don't see MA putting effort towards adding that status feature.

It's easy enough for the streamer to mask out a private chat box if they want privacy.

It's a good idea but I don't see MA putting effort towards adding that status feature.

It's easy enough for the streamer to mask out a private chat box if they want privacy.

Frankly, I can't imagine the effort being bigger than one ambitious programmer skipping lunch to implement it. It's one image, and one more option in the list.

But I might be wrong.

Frankly, I can't imagine the effort being bigger than one ambitious programmer skipping lunch to implement it. It's one image, and one more option in the list.

But I might be wrong.

There's probably behaviour code for each. Status update transitions etc.

Back