Question: What is the Minimun DPS to do Ambulimax "eco"

swampymonster

Old Alpha
Society
Gunslingers
Lil Swampy Monster
What is the minimum DPS for ambu?

Do you think the regen comes back in loot?
If so how much is the minimum?

if not - then is ambu even a good idea at all?

thank u in advance for the replies

CalyTrek Spirit Mk1 with a beast Amp works well for them, so that or better or whatever the equivelent is for your chosen primary weapon profession.
I completed this recently using the MK1 and 2 for a large part of it before buying a UL Mina, Kobold Armour with 5A plates is nice and eco for them provided you have a little evade.

CalyTrek Spirit Mk1 with a beast Amp works well for them, so that or better or whatever the equivelent is for your chosen primary weapon profession.
I completed this recently using the MK1 and 2 for a large part of it before buying a UL Mina, Kobold Armour with 5A plates is nice and eco for them provided you have a little evade.

that is 47.85 DPS

thank you so much for the respond.

Any more thoughts?

47 dps is good, anyone think that might be the threshold?

my evade is solid :)

With that setup i was dropping youngs in around 30 seconds and only needed to heal every 4-5 mobs (or when they get in a few cheeky crits), you might want to consider using a finisher too, especially if your thinking for higher dps as your main although i never really had the discipline to use mine.

LA24 - Mesa Verde has lowest tax i know of for an Ambu only LA and there is an ongoing bonus program being run there that can add up nicely if you have a tendency to grind :) You can find details in the events section of the forum.

With that setup i was dropping youngs in around 30 seconds and only needed to heal every 4-5 mobs (or when they get in a few cheeky crits), you might want to consider using a finisher too, especially if your thinking for higher dps as your main although i never really had the discipline to use mine.

LA24 - Mesa Verde has lowest tax i know of for an Ambu only LA and there is an ongoing bonus program being run there that can add up nicely if you have a tendency to grind :) You can find details in the events section of the forum.

nice, actually i was hoping 35 dps was OK, but wanted to field options

I am melee user, not much dps yet :)

I did the first 3 stages using an AS98 + Beast, which would be 34.1 dps IF i had it maxed, however i wasnt even close so imagine my actual dps would be less then 30 with that gear. Its definately doable but you will pay for the mobs regen, and i havent noticed any drop in loot since moving to faster dps / more eco setup. Your best bet would be to go out and try a few with whatever weapon you have in mind and see how you feel about it.

I will add it became a lot more fun when i was dropping the ambu faster and not costing as much to do it :)

When Entropia Armory is working again (it isn't at the moment), you can plug in some numbers and play with them.

i havent noticed any drop in loot since moving to faster dps / more eco setup.

We killed a hundred or so using 80 dps setup (a team of 2 LC-120 (L)+A103), and loot was utter crap. I suspect the system has protections against (relatively) too low cost to kill.

(I realize "a hundred or so" is a very small sample. Maybe we'll try some more some day :))

Last edited:
We killed a hundred or so using 80 dps setup (a team of 2 LC-120 (L)+A103), and loot was utter crap. I suspect the system has protections against (relatively) too low cost to kill.

(I realize "a hundred or so" is a very small sample. Maybe we'll try some more some day :))

i also think they changed the system in some point when it comes to being "too eco".. like bouncing proterons in team of 2.. (we still havent got global from em while doing this) same with solo kiting prots.. the loot is utter crap.. it used to work.. like bouncing globsters used to give lots of globals but these days nothing.. but back to topic i used kallous 7 with a103 amp and i could almost kill em before they hit me coz of the nice range of that gun cant remember the dps of that set

Philosopher Sword works good, so I think about 28-30 dps (min)
I do not recommend use less dps weapon

I was going to say about 50 :)

Depends on maturity quite a bit, low end, young - old, 36 dps is big enough.

thank you everyone for your opinions

seems like 30-50 is the range

so prob 40 is decent, which I am 3 dps shy of hehe not bad !

I was using a Kallous-7 w/A104. Dropped them fast enough and is fairly eco, A105 puts it at 2.95 dpp. Ambus put very minimal decay on armor so go naked or use some adj pix + 5b. Though seems like 45 DPS or better is what you need. As far as Regen affecting your loot, lots of people have theories but here is mine, If regen, decay and how much ammo you spent to kill the mob had anything to do with your loot drop, there would be no mobs with regen and there would be no evaded shots and you would never get hit.

this actually made no sense

ever since 1 year ago, i'v been trying to figure out cost to kill vs returns

I come to noticed something very interesting...

now I'm not very experience but I'm sure many ppl would also disagree with my findings , ultimately its up to you to decide

at the basic level of understanding, gun do not matter, doesnt matter what you use to kill (it may if view differently, explain later)

regeneration aside

a gun that does 50 dps vs a gun that does 40 or 60 ..

40 dmg / 50 dmg / 60 dmg
the eco rating ....
2.9/2.9/2.9
but lets use 3.0 for easy calculation

makes the gun dmg, / dps / pointless in loot calculation

there is no such thing as "system has protections against (relatively) too low cost to kill"
atleast not in this instant...

say the mob has 600 hp
at 60 dmg @3.0 dpp (dmg per pec) * 10 shots // [ 600/60 = 10] // 10 * 60 / 3 = 200 pec cost to kill
is the same

600 hp
at 40 dmg @ 3.0 dpp // [ 600 /40 = 15] // 15 * 40/3 = 200 pec ...

the eco gives u the cost to kill regardless of dps ..

so for future simple calculation just take mob hp / eco and u get your cost to kill

return is base on cost to kill (decay) * loot and or multiplier * fee ratio
this is my own simplest formular but it could be a lot different but roughly the same idea

you spedn 2 ped to kill, your loot will be a multiplier x fee ratio 5 % maybe 0.95

if the multiplier is 0 then u get no loot ,
if its 1 then u get 95 % of 2 ped ...
2 then 95% of 2ped x 2 and so on...

----------
now the part I say its interesting, is it gets complicated

what determines the loot that is return may not be so simple

you look at a particular gun

even if the eco is 2.9 between various guns (similar eco, = cost to kill is the same)
but that gun you use has 2 special attribute that is varied

1) the TT decay
2) the ammo cost

tt decay + ammo = cost to shoot that gun (plus amps if you need)

high decay gun low ammo = low decay gun high ammo = same cost to shoot
but IF loot is computed base on decay and not cost of ammo
then a high decay gun may have a high multiplier potential compare to a low decay gun

but because of the final outcome of cost to shoot , most people ignored this very crucial part,

tho I myself have no idea which is the one or if they are even consider at all or I'm just thinking too much

I do know however, a non -sib gun with extremely high decay and e-amp 15 also big decay
has a higher rate of global ... even tho the eco is very low...

you pay more to get the same return (useful during events like HSL or ML )
vs
u pay less to get the same return (eco guns)

there is also the idea that a multiplier is random ...

supposed u have random multiplier through the day

and u chance a upon one that gives 1000x Decay

a high decay x1000 = more loot return
vs
a low decay x1000 = less loot return

note decay, not total cost
this is only true if decay makes sense in above

maybe the ammo is considered also or maybe a smaller percentage of ammo

example ...

10 decay gun 20 ammo = 30 pec to shoot

20 decay gun 10 ammo = 30 pec to shoot

loots return maybe 70 % decay 30 % ammo (assumption only)

multiplier hit 1000x

10 x 1000 x 0.7 + 20 x 1000 x 0.3 = 13000 pec loot
vs
20 x 1000 x 0.7 + 10 x 1000 x 0.3 = 17000 pec loot

so both guns cost 30 pec to shoot, one has a potential of 130 ped one has potentionof 170 ped

go figure?

Back