Discussion: "Explosive-gate"

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
As you will notice, 95% of all crafting HOFs come from Explosive Projectile crafting. You buy Nanocubes from the TT terminal, you get an EP BP and away you go hoping for a big HOF.

If you are lucky enough to own a IV BP then those 20Ped clicks increase your chances. Now, where MindArk has excelled is in drawing in players who just want to deposit say $500 for Nanocubes click their EP BP IV, while doing other things afk. Nothing wrong with this, if that is your thing but the effects on everything else is huge.

The lure of the big EP HOF has dramatically stunted the crafting of anything else bar mining amps. Hunters are now selling their loots closer and closer to 100% MV and miners are TTing most of their stuff that no longer has any MV.

So why doesn't MindArk want us to craft anything but explosive projectiles? Its not like that many people use rocket launchers anyway. Crafting BLP or Laser ammo would have made more sense.

But if miners and hunters are getting frustrated and TTing their materials and crafters cant get what they need to craft we are heading to a problem. We all have noticed the crafting success rate has dropped to 23-25% recently with no explanation. It used to be 34-37%. Something big has changed. I wonder if the Explosive Projectile HOFs are draining too much PED from the loot pool.

I think MindArk needs to adjust the ingredients list for Explosive projectiles to include some other ingredients or rename the game, Projectile Universe, craft Explosive Projectiles for fun :) To be honest, MindArk needs to stop the Explosive Projectiles crafting immediately until it can be balanced correctly.

Keep discussion civil, so maybe a MindArk official will address this issue.

Cheers
Bjorn

Keep discussion civil, so maybe a MindArk official will address this issue.

Chances are they have already addressed the issue. It's just that we are not seeing the whole picture.

I wish for the "old days" when people crafted lvl. 1 & 2 amps or some weapons at full condition that might bring some good HOFs/Ubers even ATHs. At least we were using ores & enmatters from miners to craft these giving them some markup and would generate residue that had some markup to use to craft (L) items to resell to hunters/miners. Win, win for all. Most weapon bps I loot are TT food or not worth crafting because no resale profit to be made or unsellable items for the market. Better weapons are commonly looted.

I'm sure the real crafters in game have much better insight how explosives are affecting the crafting industry and the economy as a whole.

Last edited:
Chances are they have already addressed the issue. It's just that we are not seeing the whole picture.

How can you not be expected to see the whole picture when crafting success is less than 20%?

Why is everyone so fixated with the HOF list being Ex BP?

If it wasnt for the ex bp, the hof list would have a LOT lower hofs on it for crafting. (okay not nescessarily true, but a guess)

Concentrate on how the ex bp has effected other crafting, metal residue is at an all time low, therefore crafting amps has massively increased therefore people are buying very cheap amps.

So if anything, it has helped crafting.

Mining markups are buggered as there are cheap amps.

Hunters loot hasnt changed as a result of these ex bps, as far as i can tell. If anything limited guns should be cheaper (I havent checked) as metal res is at an all time low.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: has there really been any change in hunting markup since the ex bps? All oils etc had bugger all markup before

I do very little crafting now for this very reason (poor success rate) and the only things that I do now is RK-5's and 20, space thrusters, welding wire and whips - all for my own use. The last run that i did was on RK-5 and I had something like a 22% success rate on a maxed bp which was total rubbish.

I spoke out about affects on the economy of explosive ammo bp's, but the loudest said everything was fine. So i adjusted my play style and more or less stopped mining/crafting, selling stuff seems a lot slower also so now have more time to do other things while stuff sells.

I'm sure devs have read the various threads, and stood watching the effects of their creation. I really can't see anything else that can be said to be honest, guess everything is working as they intended.

For me at least i no longer need the amount of ped i have in game and can subsist on a much smaller bankroll, as my turnover/play time has drastically reduced. So currently am downsizing my ingame assets and withdrawing the access that is surplus to requirements for my current play style. This is due to RL stuff also, but i would be lying if i said the changes haven't influenced my change in play time also (shrapnel, expl bp's, slowdown of economy, mining nerfed into oblivion).

I see a large unbalance in economy from my viewpoint at least, but "it is, what it is" and for people to decide themselves what they do. I expected a change from MA to be honest, but seems everything is intentional and working as they intended; has been plenty of time for them to assess the ramifications of the changes.

Last edited:
guess everything is working as they intended.

This is what I suspect.

How can you not be expected to see the whole picture when crafting success is less than 20%?

Well one possibility is another new skill that makes use of crafting that we are not yet aware of e.g. part of the resource collection system. We really have no idea about the resource collection system and how it fits with the current game as it is.

This is what I suspect.

Well one possibility is another new skill that makes use of crafting that we are not yet aware of e.g. part of the resource collection system. We really have no idea about the resource collection system and how it fits with the current game as it is.

WTF??

I repeat, WTF??

Seriously, every time MA takes a giant crap in everyone's mouth, there's always people that come in here and try to tell everyone that shit tastes like peanut butter... But that is just ridiculous.

I'm going to put this bluntly, MA is like a restaurant that cuts portion sizes, raises prices and starts charging for water. They're not even making an effort to merely APPEAR to run an honest game right now.

What they need to do is take some money management classes at their local community college and don't get stupid when their players invest heavily into their game and buy something stupid like a castle.

Last edited:
So why doesn't MindArk want us to craft anything but explosive projectiles? Its not like that many people use rocket launchers anyway. Crafting BLP or Laser ammo would have made more sense.

It's very simple and MA at this point is loving it so much that anything else they do in the future will not match this. And that is they have gotten players to buy items at 100% MV where they are not loosing any money at all with MU items that are being crafted. MA now has a constant cash flow of 2.00USD 24/7 now.

They are doing so well that if they do not change the over all loot return soon a lot may start to get pissed since yes MA now has a lot more cash flow that will allow more loot to drop.

Discussion: "Explosive-Cow"

Please my god ...please any god to listen me and help me...

...i have a cow and my neighbor have a cow but is better than mine ... produce more milk and im sure if he slaughter get more meat ...so please :bowdown: :bowdown: gods!!! :bowdown:

KILL MY neighbor's cow!!! :bowdown:

I agree and hate that its not just effecting the loot on crafting but also hunters and miners, its complete bullshit and needs to stop...

Stop whining and apapt. Duh. Instead of bitching about it. If you can't beat em join em. Get youself a bp for explosives and craft em up for your own hunting. Loot sucks all over but thats what myself and a lot of others are doing. For low level mobs, especially in instances, explosives are awesome. Not a mission per se but I love the bar fight on rt. Kills about 34 or so mobs with about 10 or 12 pecs of explosives... with creative juice remix I have something to dump all the record loots into

Good post Few Scars. IMO this explosive crafting did kill major part of crafter/miner/hunter symbiosis we had in the past...

There is no point crafting if the success rate is 23-25%. If the aim is to remove crafting from the game this is the way to do it.
To the above post. Yes we can stop whining, buy Explosive BP and afk slot machine. The fact that the success rate has been dropped maybe in an attempt to slow the number of Explosive HOFs has impacted on every other crafting area.
The economy runs on hunters and miners supplying crafters, and crafters making what hunters and miners need. If hunters and miners can't sell their ores/en mats and hunting loots at a reasonable MU then there is less point in doing those activities.
more so, yes mining amps are cheaper to craft due to metal residue being worthless, but if your ores are not needed by crafters because the success rate is fucked then you can TT all your ores happily.
The crafting success rate and the impact of the explosive BPs has been noticed by every player who has been playing longer than 5 mins. A comment from.MindArk is needed.

I don't care if Explosive crafters gets a lot of HOFs, but I'm annoyed about the overall low success rate in crafting.

I would like to see the (real) roadmap MA has in store for us.

First off lets start with hunting, to screw that up they introduced schrapnel, why? Who knows.

Then they felt they needed to screw up the mining economy by releasing the Explosive bp, how you say? Just look at the MU on mining resources that dropped significantly and will stay that way unless some overhaul is done to the resources needed to craft the Explosive bp.

What's next?

Ps. I doubt the hunters asked for schrapnel same goes for crafters asking for explosive bp's, ask yourself who benefits most from this explosive rush?.

Pps. to screw community for not getting those ferrari quads?

(This one goes out to MA ; pls do think a few steps ahead before making such drastic changes in the future.)

Last edited:
First off lets start with hunting, to screw that up they introduced schrapnel, why? Who knows.

That was just an after effect of the previous changes they had made. Increase mob size and HP you need bigger weapons and armour. To craft those you need new BP's which as they didn't want them easily available they added new resources which were harder to find so Miners needed bigger amps.

This cycled a few times to the point where million HP shared loot mobs were the only thing providing a challenge and that's only because of the time limit.

They even went as far as to screw with the skilling system to allow skilling much fast even though in the past they'd adjusted it to make it far slower.

Then we get the EP probably because MA were short of cash (also why they're suddenly interested in the CLD apartments finally) thanks to their new focus on Compets (only estimated to be a year late) and having afk crafters that only they supply the resources to and they've got a nice way to keep people depositing with a slot machine mentality.

Last edited:

Then they felt they needed to screw up the mining economy by releasing the Explosive bp, how you say? Just look at the MU on mining resources that dropped significantly and will stay that way unless some overhaul is done to the resources needed to craft the Explosive bp.

What's next?

Ps. I doubt the hunters asked for schrapnel same goes for crafters asking for explosive bp's, ask yourself who benefits most from this explosive rush?.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ammo-in-loot&p=3267223&viewfull=1#post3267223

Nothing wrong with shrapnel, nor the thought processes that led up to it. But that's been discussed many times before. Let's not convolve the real topic of the thread with other pet peeves... unless they are on topic.

What do CLDs, PPs, and EP bps have in common? Anyone?

That's really the issue here and there's not much we can do about it. A company is only as good as its ability to plan for the future of its golden goose.

ETA: rather than be cryptic, i'll answer the question. Each of those represents a case where the developers sacrificed something important to the health of EU for immediate cash i.e. "short-sighted money grab".

CLD- gave away huge % of future profits for immediate cash. Obvious.
PP - gave up the theme and (for a long while) the development of the only part of the platform that the players care about -- the game -- to develop and promote "the platform".
EP BP - dissolved the economic integration of hunting/mining/crafting that creates much of "the game" to generate high PED cycling NOW.

Last edited:
Success and profit come from happy clients. If the clients are not happy, they won't spend money. Success rate of 23% doesn't make me happy.

Few Scars is absolutely right. For the first few weeks I thought explosive BPs were a good idea, then I saw the devastating effects they had on the economy, and realized they're the worst thing to happen to this game in a long time, maybe ever (not an exaggeration).

Concentrate on how the ex bp has effected other crafting, metal residue is at an all time low, therefore crafting amps has massively increased therefore people are buying very cheap amps.

That's why we see mineral markups at an all time high?

No. We see reduced mining in combination with all time LOW mineral markups. Look at mineral markup histories, 95% crashed at the end of december when explosive bps were released. Smart miners aren't using amps because there's no point in amping for 105% minerals. It's never been harder for me to sell amps.

Stop whining and apapt. Duh. Instead of bitching about it. If you can't beat em join em. Get youself a bp for explosives and craft em up for your own hunting.

This argument is silly. Entropia will be destroyed because of thoughtless comments like these. Why? Because they divert attention from the fact that explosive BPs have isolated 90% or more of the crafting profession (mostly the big volume crafters btw) from the rest of the in-game economy. Most of us who are actually experienced playing the game know this is a really, really bad situation, and points to serious issues with the game's management. Those who just use the game to socialize wouldn't care if the economy works or not.

Explosive-gate is in no way equivalent to shrapnel. It's the opposite actually. Shrapnel moderately increases the likelihood that a hunter will participate in the economy by selling his loot after a hunt, since he has fewer stacks with higher MU. Explosive BPs reduce the ability of hunters, miners, AND crafters to participate in the economy.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with shrapnel, nor the thought processes that led up to it. But that's been discussed many times before. Let's not convolve the real topic of the thread with other pet peeves... unless they are on topic.

What do CLDs, PPs, and EP bps have in common? Anyone?

That's really the issue here and there's not much we can do about it. A company is only as good as its ability to plan for the future of its golden goose.

ETA: rather than be cryptic, i'll answer the question. Each of those represents a case where the developers sacrificed something important to the health of EU for immediate cash i.e. "short-sighted money grab".

CLD- gave away huge % of future profits for immediate cash. Obvious.
PP - gave up the theme and (for a long while) the development of the only part of the platform that the players care about -- the game -- to develop and promote "the platform".
EP BP - dissolved the economic integration of hunting/mining/crafting that creates much of "the game" to generate high PED cycling NOW.

Almost June now right?

Gonna wait and see the Annual Report for 2014 to see if things have improved or deteriorated I guess.

http://www.mindark.com/investor-relations/financial-reports/

I really like the comments by neil and few scars. Yeah Explosives really has killed a lot of things. I use to trade a lot in past and with EP all sales went down on resources which makes it harder to cycle stuff in trading. Plus with a few things at 101%-102% markup it's very tough to trade even giving good %'s. Mining is very difficult and used to be something to fall back to for many people. Some may say they always had it easy but not many people find mining "fun". Most people only really mined because with UL amp or low % amps/unamped it was relatively easy to get 110% + markup and profit/do ok. Eve the #1 ATH miner on entropialife sold his UL7 and mostly quit mining I believe because he saw how bad it was. I also own a UL 7 with enigma and it's tough even finding a good 110% average markup. Belk is 102% and cobalt now is 110%. I remember when cobalt was 130 and never would've thought it'd crash this low. EP has only been out what 5-6 months now and their's at least 5 ATH's in it and most of the high end gamblers click it now. Before those high lv gambers would have to actually use up a resource and you could see one ore jump up 5-10% because of 1 gambler. That made trading fun but now for the most part things just keep going down though I am seeing a slight increase maybe due to summer. I really hope EP get's nerfed or removed. Also with the shrapnal I just want it to be able to help us melee users get that 101%. One more thing I'm not much of a crafter but I did do a lot of clicks of lv 2 lights full quantity to use up a belk tower I had. I didn't record results so that's my fault but the point is I just loss my ass off. I had to lose at least 1-2kped and was just so surprised by the outcome. I knew it was a bit risky even full quantity because 7ped a click but still. In my experience crafting recently I have noticed the decrease in successes and it frustrates me because nothing is said about it.

Last edited:
sorry posted twice by accident

They should just get rid of the blueprint and put EP back in loot.

They should just get rid of the blueprint and put EP back in loot.

Let's face it...MA will not remove the bp.

Hopefully MA has a plan. Who knows...maybe more space related bps consuming ores? I hope so :)

Let's face it...MA will not remove the bp.

Hopefully MA has a plan. Who knows...maybe more space related bps consuming ores? I hope so :)

You are joking right? As these new BPs are doing so well why should MA bring out these old style BPs? Why not bring out more BPs one has to buy items form the TT to craft?

Back