And now, The (weird) Weather...

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Mods Note; Note this thread is a basicweather report but it is to report any and all "Weird" weather that exists around the world. This is NOT a story that ou read in teh newspaper NOR it is topical.. Thi s is to get a feeling on waht is going on in the world in terms of the weather.. and the oddities that are happening around the world

And Now, THe (Weird ) Weather.

I'm going to start thi swether report off first to state that in Arizona here the last three months have been extremely odd for this time fo the year.. and in fact I mean Odd because this weather does not fit what i owould consider "Normal" in terms of what i would feel IS normal.. In fact The last 3 months here in ariona have been in fact .. Weird..

Case in Point.. Let's go back to March of this year.. Now for March we're usually minld with Temperatures not exceeping say 80 to 85 Degrees Farenheit (Or 27-29 Celcius).

But this mch, it was rather.. Strange..

During the thrid week in March we had a heat vave where the temperature shot up over 90 F (or 32) C and in fact I find this peculiar as March isn't at the start of the summepseason.. In fact it's not supposed to be this hot..

Then we move onto April, and April definitely on a scare of weirdness would be rather high on the scale for oddity.. I mean Apil for us is usually Dry with no realy reain to speak of. IN fact If we did have rain, then it would be so light and so small it woudl be unmeasureable..

That's wehre this April is different.. After the 3rd Week of Marche's Heat wave. The weather changed drastically about a few days into the month, we had a freeze warning..(A freezwarning in April? No joke.. In fact to the east of the ciy in the rural areas the TEperatures dropped to as low as 27 F (or -2 C) And for APril a freeze this late in the season is surprising.. even for us Arizonans..

But after the freeze, our weather changed again, and isntead of beng nice and sunny and dry, we ended up cloudy with periods of rain.. again very very odd for this location at this timeof year..

And this didn't stop till almost the end of april and tinto the first week of May.. and ou'd tink. Ah May a mother were the temperatures start going up.. Yet this month, The weather did the exact opposite.. It reaained cool, and in the end we haven't had a heat wave until now.. and this is where we're gettnig back to what I call Normal.. I mean tomrorow it's going to get up to 100 Degrees (Or 38 C) and this will be the first, but hopefully not last day of heat..

And to think.. we're starting to come up on June.. and Unofficially our sumemr rainy seaosn is supposed to start.. and note I say Supposed. to .. Usually with us this time of year you would start to feel the humidity in the area and you'd start to see the Sky turn a bit of a milky white.. That Milky hite sky to me was alway a sign that the moisture from Mexico would be headed our way.. yet as I looked out today, No wilky whiteness. and in fact Hre is is jsut a few days before the end of May and you'd think taht the humitiy would be felt..instead.. Hot and dry as a bone..

Which make me tink. are we even going to have a monsoon this year.. are we going to have it late? or early.. I mean thi syear I can tell you my own body just feels out of synch as i can tell due to my own physcial aliments (Like my asthama), you could tell when the summer monsoons would come.. BGut so far for me, Nothing, No difficulty breating , no wheezing, only ting has bee allergies.. Lots of them..)

Now I also talked to my socmate in game who is half a world away and a couple days ago I asked him how the weeather was..

One word Camout of his mouth.. HOT.., he said.. Hot? I asked. How hot?

47 C he said (That's 116 Degrees Farenheit for all you nonmetric folks)

Now here is the irony.. a 116 Degree day in Phoenix Arizona is considered normal for July..

But New Dehili india/ That's unusual..

And then I talked to anohter player and asked her what the weeather was where she was..

"Lots of storms in my area" she said, I checked though the news, and Sure enough I asked her the next day, a simple question..

"Storms? I asked.. "You woulddn't haveppen to be in Oklahoma or Texas.."

I kind of caughter hef off guarad..

"How did you know?" She asied..

I jokingly remarked I was sort of a Weather detective andI figured it out quite quickly..

But the point is this.. Cool in a hot place Hot i a mild place/ Rainy in an area tha has been stricken wtiht a drought for years and other areas that get Lots of rain taht have little if any..are bone dry..

And then let's look at the violent weather.. Tornaodes thi syear/ Down in the midwest.. A tropical storm in the Atlantic.. A ful 2 to 3 weeks before the start of the Hurricane Season..

and let'snot forget other weather oddities..

So it got me to finally think.. What the heck is going on with Momn nature/ Is she on a bout of metorolgogial PMS? or are wethe ones on PMS?

I mean what weird eweather hav eany of you (and this doesn't have to be her ein teh SU , I mean this is a world thing) have experienced odd or strange weather..

I'd like to hear form anyone who has found the weather.. Odd.

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Miliaty
a..k.a. "The BLnd Sniper" (and ) "His_Dog_Spot"

Problem with typing this late of time for u :confused:

El Nino event (I think thats the right one) Though ofc the climate is changing anyway and despite all the hot air expelled by the politicians and environmentalists, there is nothing that we can do about that...

Global warming hysteria reminds me of Rattex or whatever he was (is?) called.
They are all ppl trying to make complex mathematical theories from WAY to little data.

The Earth: "It's Dynamic" :dunce:

El Nino event (I think thats the right one) Though ofc the climate is changing anyway and despite all the hot air expelled by the politicians and environmentalists, there is nothing that we can do about that...

Well, unless we find a way to change/disrupt the solar cycles that have been going on for millions of years, of course :silly2:

The Shemitah

Weather, storms, and droughts are all changing, and growing more chaotic every year. The future will be insane.

Makes me so glad to live in a moist area with tons of rain and fresh water, no poisonous spiders or snakes, no earthquakes, and any occasional tornado is turned into a pussy by the lake-effect as it approaches Lake Michigan well before it gets to me.

Bring it on.

I can't wait.

Watching homes get washed away because they built it right next to an unpredictable river is a true pleasure. And the drought wars out west are gonna be fun to watch over the next decade too!

And I can't wait for California to fall in the fucking ocean. (Geologically, it can't happen...but watching it sure would be interesting)

If not, at least let LA burn...written over a decade ago, this song is going to happen!

Somewhere high in the desert near a curtain of a blue
St. Anne's skirts are billowing
But down here in the city of the lime lights
The fans of santa ana are withering
And you can't deny that living is easy
If you never look behind the scenery
It's showtime for dry climes
And bedlam is dreaming of rain

When the hills of los angeles are burning
Palm trees are candles in the murder wind
So many lives are on the breeze
Even the stars are I'll at ease
And los angeles is burning

This is not a test
Of the emergency broadcast system
Where malibu fires and radio towers
Conspire to dance again
And I cannot believe the media Mecca
They're only trying to peddle reality,
Catch it on prime time, story at nine
The whole world is going insane

When the hills of los angeles are burning

A placard reads
"the end of days"
Jacaranda boughs are bending in the haze

More a question than a curse
How could hell be any worse?

The flames are stunning
The cameras running
So take warning

When the hills of los angeles are burnin

Last edited:

Watching homes get washed away because they built it right next to an unpredictable river is a true pleasure. And the drought wars out west are gonna be fun to watch over the next decade too!

Your joking in this comment, right? Right?
:eyecrazy:

Your joking in this comment, right? Right?
:eyecrazy:

Obviously, I don't want people hurt...but it is going to happen...Mother Natures a bitch...and I love watching what she can do.

If none of you can admit that watching a 2 story house get moved by a wall of water is at least remotely interesting, and makes you say "holy shit" as you continue to watch the video...then you are lying to me and to yourself.

I have watched 1000's of hours of sinkholes, tsunamis, flash-floods, forest fires, volcano and earth quake footage...never once with happiness that people were getting hurt...but never with horror or concern for them either, because people are irrelevant to me in these events...I am not watching it because of people! But Mother Nature is NOT irrelevant to me, and I love her, and I watch it because of her.

Last edited:
Solar activity is very low and thus we get cooler temperatures. There are other effects that occur that makes it wetter or dryer.. it is what weather does. It is cylical.. every 11 years in fact. It's not climate change or global warming or cooling or icepocolypse or whatever stupid name we want to give the new names for communism every decade (you should follow the money and the phony temperature readings).

No one ever said weather was constant. Just because it's 100F in the summer 15 days in a row one year doesn't mean it will the next year and for whatever reason people can't comprehend that weather is variable these days.

Additionally, weather's impact on people is heavier because we flock to high risk areas... tropical destinations, earthquake prone areas (California), hurricane zones (gulf/florida), blizzard zones (north east)..and somehow shocked due to either stupidity or ignorance for not being prepared that the high risk event comes due. I don't have any sympathy.. I haven't ever since the idiots claimed Bush blew up the levies in New Orleans... when in reality the mayor of NO refused the government's help.. the same mayor that claimed NO was a chocolate city.

Last edited:
Very interesting thread. Weather is one of the things lacking in game and I reckon will feature in some future update. Once we have it though I'm not sure everyone will be happy to have their avatar drowned by floods! :)

Very interesting thread. Weather is one of the things lacking in game and I reckon will feature in some future update. Once we have it though I'm not sure everyone will be happy to have their avatar drowned by floods! :)

Toulan did a great job with heavy rainfall in one spot....it is SO cool and relaxing to hunt there because of it....

I keep asking for that feature on Songkra valley... to turn that on and off. :)

I keep asking for that feature on Songkra valley... to turn that on and off. :)

It can't rain much there. If we want realism, it should be a desert.

The reason is the wind in EU always blows from the west (you can observe that at any sweat circle :laugh:). There is a huge hill to the west of Songkra Valley and all rain would stay on the windward slope.

I think the weather in the UK has been pretty typical this year. Not too hot, not too cold, no droughts & no excessive rainfall. :)

Too bad we have perfect weather and climate here in Spain.

Bad for you, muahahahahaah suckers :wtg:

:D

Food sucks though.

*runs*

cm-39268-1050cb463a17bf9.jpeg

The discussion of weather is relevant for many. I've lived in many places with all kinds of weather, now that I am thinking about where to eventually retire, I was wondering what general climate I would like to live in. We have heard from Taco. What about you? If you could live anywhere, what area/climate would you want to live in for the rest of your days and why? Or, maybe you would want to just migrate with the seasons like the animals do :)

I'm currently living in California, SF Bay Area. Weather is pretty decent here, but its expensive. I don't think I want to retire here, but the weather is nice. I could probably swing it, but I would be watching the budget all the time. I'm sure I could eventually sell out and afford something better/less expensive somewhere else, I just have this question about the climate/weather. I like to visit snow, but I don't think I want to live in it. Besides my knees can't ski anymore, so it would annoy me to be in the snow and not be able to ski! I don't want drought either. Too hot or humid never really bothered me much when I had to be in places like that, but it isn't something I would order for myself. I have lived in desert areas where you didn't work in the dry heat of the afternoon, and I have lived in jungle environment where it was so humid you never really got dry. It wasn't pleasant, but it was doable when I was younger. I loved living in the country where I could go hunt, fish mobs, Living in town as I do now, I haven't done that for a while, but there is a certain appeal as a retired person to have easy access to hunting and fishing. With that said, I also enjoyed the convenience of a good walkability score too. I enjoyed living near the coast because that allows me to sail, there is nothing like breathing in the cool salt air from the pacific ocean! I guess just all around Goldilocks weather is fine, not too cold, not too hot, not too humid, not too dry, if there is such a place somewhere.

PS, to answer the OP question, I don't find the weather odd, its just weather, it happens.

Yes, if you want to fry an egg on the pavement in summer...

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of this fresh ocean water splashing on my body.

Plus we rarely eat pavement cooked food :)

TWe have heard from Taco. What about you? If you could live anywhere, what area/climate would you want to live in for the rest of your days and why? Or, maybe you would want to just migrate with the seasons like the animals do :)

This is where I want to live when it's time to quit the rat race.

This is where I want to live when it's time to quit the rat race.

I absolutely love that idea Kitty! White sandy beaches and blue waters in the tropics have quite the appeal! I had a new 2001 Hunter 340' sloop at one time I had bought for the same reason! I loved Joshua Slocum's book "Sailing alone around the world" and had dreams that maybe I could do that myself someday. Unfortunately for many reasons I had to sell it, but not before I had progressed all the way through US Sailings Coastal Navigation course and a number of the Army's Watercraft courses before I retired. I knew many people who were living on their boat following the seasons. The first couple I met who were doing that was when I was living in Guam back in the early 80's they really gave me the sailing and wind surfing bug. You won't have to worry about sea levels rising because of climate change and glacier melt when your living in a boat :D

Obviously, I don't want people hurt...but it is going to happen...Mother Natures a bitch...and I love watching what she can do.

If none of you can admit that watching a 2 story house get moved by a wall of water is at least remotely interesting, and makes you say "holy shit" as you continue to watch the video...then you are lying to me and to yourself.

I have watched 1000's of hours of sinkholes, tsunamis, flash-floods, forest fires, volcano and earth quake footage...never once with happiness that people were getting hurt...but never with horror or concern for them either, because people are irrelevant to me in these events...I am not watching it because of people! But Mother Nature is NOT irrelevant to me, and I love her, and I watch it because of her.

I see...

Guess your right. By averting my eyes to them and not doing a thing about it....maybe I am just lying to myself.

Forest fires that burns and if no humans were hurt in the fire...nothing particular comes into mind....but then the idea...think about the animals and creatures inhabiting the forest...and then I'm just as guilty...guilty of being a hypocrite.

I'd suggest a novel approach to in-game weather and damage:laugh:
:nana: RAINING RIPPER SNAPPERS PLEASE:nana:
and possibly being
:acid: SNOTTED BY SNABLE ACID RAIN :acid:

It's a global phnomena..

Well I've been asking around a lot to players who live in different parts of th eworld, and I will ssaythis.. It's been not just weird here, but all over the place..

Like let's start in Arizxona and move around the world..

This week, we're having rain again, as we are getting the moisure from not 1 but 2 tropical cyclones (one of them a full blone Hurricane) and in fact all this misture started on Wednestday of last week and theniis continuing till Thurrsday of next.. (oh and yeah we've had a couple of days what i could call normal (if you consieer 38 C (100 F) normal..

Oklahoma? They're still recovering from teh floods from 2 weeks ago, and in fact some of the folks there ahve said that it's just a mess (and to think theyr'e expecting more later this week..

NOrway? Spring Came early thi syear for this frozzen north, but now we're talking not a hot and dry summer, but a cold and wet one..

India? Sitll hot as hades, as the 35-40 C Days (95-104 F) Temperatureres are causing havoc on compute ssytems (Especially if you live in a house with airconditioning even.. (and to think they are expectig the monsoons, just like us.. Let's see how the rainfall pans out..

I mean this isn't just a little bit of one place havng an anomalous year, but rather it's a global event.. and in fact I highly dobt yucan call this the cause of something else (Won't say it..)

But seriously this is just plain freaky!

Tucsoncoyote

Back