FYI: Craigs Mining Log

Greetings Fellow Entropian's

As with several other people on these Forums, I too shall be doing a Mining Log, as of today, My skills are level 8 Prosp - 7 Miner - 3 Survey. However I will not be doing Enmatter mining as I much prefer to focus on the Ore mining side of things.

I am starting this thread with 1174 PED on my card, a Ziplex Z15 Seeker with 79.6 Ped TT on it, and Half a Level 2 Amp Light - 25 Ped TT Remaining.

I'll be running with this 1174 PED and keeping track on progress to see if I can infact make the magical 90% TT, Or even profit, Or maybe lose out big time.

Once I've got it set I'll also be starting to get video logs on the go, But first need to get my PC Cleaned up and running optimally.

First run will be posted within the next 2 or so hours

First Run done, Didn't spend my full 1170 for this one, also a pretty poor FOMA Run, Definitely need to stop going there as I never seem to break even at all, Lots of Low MU Goods found, Not a single global.

PED Spent.
350 Ped - Bombs
120 PED - Level 3 Amp
TT Value on the Z15 Seeker - 2.35 PED
Extractor TT Used - 0.6 PED

Total - 472.95

Finds of note - Size XI Iron Stone - 28 PED

Total of finds - 305.42 PED - -64.57% Before MU
Total with MU - 348.5 PED - 73.69% of original Spendage

Run total 26.31% LOSS

Running PED Total - 1049.75 PED

So, I've learned today that FOMA is a cruel, unforgiving place, Luckily I only invested a few hundred PED up there. Back to Caly for some Nik and Narc Mining I think

Another Run done, Better

Well, Not the best 2nd run in, Luckily I did manage to Just break even and profit a little, Thanks to a 261 PED Caldorite HOF with my first bomb of the run. Aside from that I would have been looking at a 150 PED Loss roughly.

At the minute I can present rough figures, as I'm in work and don't have my spreadsheet handy here, I will update accurately when I get home.

TT Costs
Finder Decay - roughly 3 PED
Extractor Decay - roughly 4 PED
Amp's Cost - 360 PED (3x Level 3 amp)
Bombs - 400 PED
Total - 777 PED Approx

Finds of Note
XVI Caldorite Stone - 261 PED, First HOF of the thread
Lots of ample/Considerable Niksarium and Adomasite finds

Total TT of Ores - 770 PED approx (99.09%)
Total sold with MU - 876 PED (112.74%)

Overall this run seemed to do much better for me, Getting me up to a 99.09% TT Return, Even after another failed 100 Bombs on FOMA.

Lesson for me - Stay far away from FOMA

Finally Worked out my running total

Ok guys, so I finally got a chance to sit down and work out my running total, after my last Offer sells.

Started the thread with 1174 PED on the old PED Card.

After all sold and done I'm now sat at 1148.55 PED (97.83%)

Only a small 25.45 PED loss so far, Which after 1k PED of runs isn't so bad, Hopefully I can keep these numbers up and improve with some more nice MU Ores - Been finding a nice bit of Niksarium and Adomosite Stone which is helping with that.

I'll get in another run tonight hopefully and will publish results either later tonight or tomorrow :cool:

Hey guys, I've not had so much time to play these last few days, However I have been getting bits of mining done, and have been keeping track of my run cost/Returns so far,

Hopefully I'll have the results collated and be able to present them later today, Only 150 drops left to go till I'm all probed out :wtg:

Well, Fell asleep collating my information last night, Woke up to find that my PC had decided to do the Computing equivalent of the Harlem shake, Probably due to my face hitting the keyboard, But oh well, I have it all saved, PC is still working fine, So tonight I will write the next runs results! :scratch2:

Run 3 Details!

Another run done, Got to admit not exactly amazing, Infact pretty horrible, But its probably my own doing for deciding to buy a level 6 amp just because, Hopefully fortunes will change and fix my pretty horrific losses so far, But we'll see!

TT/PED Expendature

Probes - 500 PED
Level 6 Amp - 281 PED
Repair on Excav - 2.1 PED
6 PED Finder Decay
Level 2 amp - 120 PED

909.1 PED

Mineral TT - 632.01 PED (69.52%)
After Markup - 691.53 (76.06%)

Finds of note - Absolutely nothing, Just lots of amples and a single considerable, that was the best I got.

Total PED count - 930.98 PED (81.05%)

As the stats show, Pretty horrific return the last run, I think I'll stick to Un amped mining now, Clearly not getting me any more fortune dropping amps around lately.

Get ready for another rundown tomorrow, Hopefully with video to come with it!

Another run done, Got to admit not exactly amazing, Infact pretty horrible, But its probably my own doing for deciding to buy a level 6 amp just because, Hopefully fortunes will change and fix my pretty horrific losses so far, But we'll see!

TT/PED Expendature

Probes - 500 PED
Level 6 Amp - 281 PED
Repair on Excav - 2.1 PED
6 PED Finder Decay
Level 2 amp - 120 PED

909.1 PED

Mineral TT - 632.01 PED (69.52%)
After Markup - 691.53 (76.06%)

Finds of note - Absolutely nothing, Just lots of amples and a single considerable, that was the best I got.

Total PED count - 930.98 PED (81.05%)

As the stats show, Pretty horrific return the last run, I think I'll stick to Un amped mining now, Clearly not getting me any more fortune dropping amps around lately.

Get ready for another rundown tomorrow, Hopefully with video to come with it!

Going out with Level 6 with such a low budget and close to none markup isnt best idea. Go unamped, dont play with amps, just keep dropping over and over again.

gl

fair enough, Although to be honest unamped has been no better lately, losing ~20% of ped regardless of amp or not at the minute

Hey Guys,

I kind of went crazy and spent pretty much all my PED on random crap, so will be back to the log starting a new count soon :eyecrazy:

Bumping this up for or newest member, good luck with this project of yours hehe

You should keep track of your hit rate. Usually, if the amp is too high for your level, the hit rate will decrease. Note that unamped, some areas will result in lower than normal (33%) hit rates. Areas without lyst, iron or caldorite will result in a lower than average hit rate for low end finders, and vice versa. Conversely, areas with gazz, duru, dianium, etc. will result in average hits for deeper finders, but lower hit rates for shallow finders.

For FOMA, the average hit rate was 8% when I was tracking it. You generally want to be at least level 10, unlock the hidden mining skill, and have at least a f-103, 210, or z20 with 80% of the max depth or more.

I did an experiment a long time ago (when ore/ents were separate) and I didn't see a real improvement with the weakest amps until level 20.

I'm also assuming here you understand the importance of spacing drops, counting meters, etc. as they are completely different indoors or outdoors. I cycled through about 1k ped on foma the past few days, I'm up 400 ped TT after all expenses (didn't sell anything yet.) Not maxed tk320, no enhancers, some amps on first run only, 1 global and one small hof so far.

I definitely would say don't give up on FOMA, just wait a little bit until you are higher level with a better finder. My recommendation is a maxxed f-105, but if you want to skill faster, the z series was good for me to get more skills faster.

Thanks for the advice hal, good to get some helpful tips and pointers :) at the minute I'm about 5m from a Maxed out F-105 so almost at that, Got up to level 11 Prospecting, so getting there. Spacing I've been using LBML Maps to track this, Making sure that the range is halved for FOMA/HELL. I definitely will give FOMA another go, I do quite enjoy the challenge up there, But for now I'm going to try to get a few more skills up then, Once I'm at a Maxed F-105 I'll get back up there for a run :)

Thank you for the advice and I'll be restarting the Log tomorrow since then I'll have finally cycled back to about 1100 PED.

Back