Uber: New system

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Well this wasn't expected.
lightening strikes my house, fries my desktop PC. Been using my laptop for months as it is the only way I can log in. Then insurance company accepts my quote for a new 45000 Ped system!!! Double the value of my old system! I felt the swirls, cant wait to see how EU runs on it! Will list the specs tonight.

Bjorn :)

Nice Few Scars, hope its a beast!

;) dunno where do u live, but in Italy hoffing from insurance companies is WAY HARDER than with MA, so huge Gratz haha

I'm not sure getting a multiplier on your insurance claim is a good thing. Be careful so it doesn't bite you in the ass.

But Gz!

HI there,

This is your insurance rep.
We read your post and are re-assesing your claim.
We estimate that a 1K ped compensation is adequate.
Enjoy.

Gz on insurance fraud?

Gz on insurance fraud?

Easy steps:
When a friend buy a great computer buy in your name.
Claim the breakage of it.
Get a new computer similar to your friend.

Our anyone thinks insurance will come to check it?

This can happen and is illegal hope not the case :D

You work for FIFA or something ? ;)

Good luck..... if they dont ask for receipts!

Or check the weather reports for that day

I know people who've dropped cups of coffee / tea on a new laptop where they've contacted their insurance company and they've been sent a new one within a few days. No checks on or requirement to hand over the old "broken" one.I had it working again within a couple of hours and they had two new laptops.

And people wonder why insurance premiums always seems to go up.

I've also been told by shop assistants to take out the insurance on new items such as TV's and when its about to expire have someone accidentally knock the tv off the stand, favourite being a 2-3 yr old child who thinks it's a giant tablet, to get the new model.

I know people who've dropped cups of coffee / tea on a new laptop where they've contacted their insurance company and they've been sent a new one within a few days. No checks on or requirement to hand over the old "broken" one.I had it working again within a couple of hours and they had two new laptops.

And people wonder why insurance premiums always seems to go up.

I've also been told by shop assistants to take out the insurance on new items such as TV's and when its about to expire have someone accidentally knock the tv off the stand, favourite being a 2-3 yr old child who thinks it's a giant tablet, to get the new model.

Had similar experience but with normal home insurance rather than the one you can get when you buy the stuff.

Had a water leak in the kitchen because of a faulty o ring. Phoned them and explained. The very next day I had money to buy a new floor and got paid to replace it, no further questions asked.

As a customer that was great, however, it's way too easy to do insurance fraud nowadays. And more and more people do so and talk publicly about it.

Had similar experience but with normal home insurance rather than the one you can get when you buy the stuff.

Had a water leak in the kitchen because of a faulty o ring. Phoned them and explained. The very next day I had money to buy a new floor and got paid to replace it, no further questions asked.

As a customer that was great, however, it's way too easy to do insurance fraud nowadays. And more and more people do so and talk publicly about it.

I'm impressed with the speed and ease that they reimbursed you. My only experience with computer insurance was back around '96, when it was a sticking point about exactly what kind of juice my younger brother spilled on the computer. (orange was not acceptable).

Back