What is your Definition of PVP in Space?

How do you define Space PVP?

• Shooting at ships but with no intent to actually distroying them.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Shooting at ships with the intent to destroy but not loot.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Shooting at ships with the intent to destroy and loot them.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Defending yourself in space with one of the above options.

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
The harassment is this,

Person leaves space station with no loot. Pirate kills them. Person revives, repairs tries to leave station again. Pirate kills them again. Rinse and repeat. That's harassment.

My only issue with PvP in space is that when you have pirates on your ass and you make it to a station, they can still kill you. In Baseball the equivalent would be getting tagged out after you stepped on home plate and sat down on the bench. The cool down time is BS.
That's not harassment, that's PVP.

Bringing a Mothership to 50% with just a quad would be achievment in itself.. :headbang:

but I think the example given by Starkiller is more of the One shot to stop warp and then back off and wait for the warp cycle to start while staying out of range of the guns. Basically, the aim is to stop the ship from getting where it was going.

MA would be the one to determine if the actions are a violation of the TOS and if so do the banning.. not sure anyone else could be found at fault for it.. :wise:
Yes that is what i was talking about, abuse of ingame mechanics, together with intention of harassment (meaning, no actual goal of pvping, just disrupting and causing grief, which in most cases is what is happening). The fact that most pirates tend to answer back when insulted or poked doesn't help either, as some conversations get pretty heated up.

So we got to conclusion here with warious posts.
If offender/ pirate or whatewer you call attacker shoot on solo flying players is not harashment but is PvP .
But if same happen to wrap transport offering service then is harashment lol.
Transport service exist because pirates exist if not nobody would be forced to use transport service.
Causing pirates to be baned it this bussines case is not so smart as pirates harash others to a point that they decide to use transpotrt service. Its like to bite the hand that feeds you lol.
And i thinked that pirates were just transport motherships employees, well who knows maybe unsadisfacted with salary so beating MS on wrap time lol.

What we need to define again?
That pirates/pkers/shooters/attakers can do what they want and is not harashment because is PVP but if they attack transport service motherships then is bigest harashment ever in EU and they need to be baned?

If that was real question then shud be clearly stated from begining and not hiden with warious pool options.

So we got to conclusion here with warious posts.
If offender/ pirate or whatewer you call attacker shoot on solo flying players is not harashment but is PvP .
But if same happen to wrap transport offering service then is harashment lol.
Transport service exist because pirates exist if not nobody would be forced to use transport service.
Causing pirates to be baned it this bussines case is not so smart as pirates harash others to a point that they decide to use transpotrt service. Its like to bite the hand that feeds you lol.
And i thinked that pirates were just transport motherships employees, well who knows maybe unsadisfacted with salary so beating MS on wrap time lol.

What we need to define again?
That pirates/pkers/shooters/attakers can do what they want and is not harashment because is PVP but if they attack transport service motherships then is bigest harashment ever in EU and they need to be baned?

If that was real question then shud be clearly stated from begining and not hiden with warious pool options.

:bandit::deal:

MA ENABLED warp disruption from weapons fire ANYWHERE in space pvp, thus Warp disruption IS sanctioned by MA and NOT harassment at all.

MA ENABLED warp disruption from weapons fire ANYWHERE in space pvp, thus Warp disruption IS sanctioned by MA and NOT harassment at all.

You're also able to hunt with vtol but MA say you can't.

You're also able to hunt with vtol but MA say you can't.

The reward being access to the loot pool, ie "unfairly" taking form the lootpool whichis why it is classed as an Exploit. Warp disruption has no loot pool reward and therefore cannot be classed as an exploit like vtol hunting. The end results are very different and so is the classification.

Sorry, MA has a different opinion on that.. you may want to put in a support case to ask them for clarification if you don't believe me.. :wise:

Sorry, MA has a different opinion on that.. you may want to put in a support case to ask them for clarification if you don't believe me.. :wise:

Nvm prev comment. Lets just say they make some rules up on the fly and i never cared for those.

Last edited:
Wait, no thievery on pool?
PVP is ok as long both parts agree on it. Otherwhise is just an excuse to IMPOSE thievery and unfair gameplay. How could be Player Vs Player when only one person shoots? Who was the dumbass that thought pvp would be fun for EVERYONE? Wich respectable company allows their inverstors to be robbed by anyone? Wanna makethis game more attractive, get rid of pvp on space, or if you wish to keep it, disable looting.

-is easy to sit and wait unarmed ships that spawns on same spot when leaving planet, there's no dynamic on this, no chance for anyone
-is easy to shoot anyone that can't shoot back due the voracious way economy treats new players
-is hard to admit that space pvp is a crap that won't allow a fair game.
-make quad with default weapons for everyone and stop robbing us.

The code is already there. If I'm starting to warp in my red quad (equus) and get shot at it does not break the warp. So I just assumed that when it breaks the warp on a bigger ship that it must of been a feature for pvp.

But if people are getting banned for doing it, then mindark should fix their code. I would for one love not having to deal with my warps on my bigger ships being interrupted if it's just a coding flaw :)

I don't think stopping a warp should be considered harassment, only because space is PVP. If anything, MA should change the code so it will not stop a warp unless the ship is more than 50% damaged or something.

Well I think societies like yours are the main problem in space.

Agree 100% both planetary and space pvp are the same. If you complain of one and not other you are not being consistent.

I do not carry loot in space pvp OR planetary pvp for that very reason - they are both the same, you lose your loot if your avatar killed.

Really is not of any significant difference to me personally that one pvp requires more skill then another the result is the same for me.

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS 5 PED WARPING
Arkadia-->Rocktropia--> Calypso-->Arkadia
http://varyag-delivers.weebly.com/web-chat.html
Yoshii Yoshii Lem chat name: VaryagDelivers

Have ingots for your warpship but your VSE is too low?
Ask me to drop them in for you no charge for this service

MA made the game this way. Accept it.

Well I think societies like yours are the main problem in space.

Way to Necro a post! Geez, I didn't know I hit that nerve so Hard!

Well, to answer your post, I don't blame NVE for you. There are actually a few in NVE I respect for handling their craft with style and professionalism.

But, then we have members like yourself who can't help but try to twist it to make themselves feel better. Trolls like yourself are really the problem in space but I think you already know that, don't ya.. :laugh:

Status
Back