Would you rather?

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Would you honestly rather have people make an entirely new post that is 100% identical to a post that happens to be 6 years old than simply use the old thread?

Necroposting is a good thing sometimes, but I guess extra opinions and lack of clutter is not something the mods want here.

The forum rule on this matter, and the reason for it, is clearly stated:

3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.

Hello! Just a newbie here actually. Anyway, I noticed this thread and researched about it at once. I found out that necroposting takes place when a user posts a comment on a thread that is older than a month:) Am I correct with it? For me, it can be good or bad. It really depends on the intention of whoever posts it:)

... Anyway, I noticed this thread and researched about it at once. I found out that necroposting takes place when a user posts a comment on a thread that is older than a month:) Am I correct with it?...

As you'll see in my post above, the time period is four months , not one month.

Back