Please don't tank

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Please don't tank mobs when others are around. When you die, they will aggro the next person on radar and start chewing on their armor.

Starting from today I will stop letting the mob that the hunter was shooting hit me until the hunter comes back, and instead kill it as soon as it has regenerated more than 50% so that I can claim the loot as compensation for the armor decay.

I'm not talking accidental tanking, but tanking with the sole purpose to grab the available mobs on radar.

I've started "collecting" mob packs myself. Was getting tired of random trespassers steaming through and killing off my patch with there high dps kit....

Anyways keep filling that pool, I'll be on later to collect it :laugh:

I've started "collecting" mob packs myself. Was getting tired of random trespassers steaming through and killing off my patch with there high dps kit....

Anyways keep filling that pool, I'll be on later to collect it :laugh:

:D

The problem is when people die and someone else gets those 5-6 mobs on them.

Filling the lootpool as we speak, hopefully I'm emptying it as well...

:D

The problem is when people die and someone else gets those 5-6 mobs on them.

Filling the lootpool as we speak, hopefully I'm emptying it as well...

I see your point but I'm one of those guys who gets pee'd off if someone else gets too close, so I'm never really in the position where I would aggro a dead mans pack nor would anyone be close enough to aggro mine :p

Lets hope the SV loot picks up, we havent seen anything spectacular drop in what feels like a week! I know, a few days but feels like weeks lol

Wait till migration starts in a few weeks time....

I see your point but I'm one of those guys who gets pee'd off if someone else gets too close, so I'm never really in the position where I would aggro a dead mans pack nor would anyone be close enough to aggro mine :p

Lets hope the SV loot picks up, we havent seen anything spectacular drop in what feels like a week! I know, a few days but feels like weeks lol

These mobs are streaky mobs. They don't build up like proteron and other lottery like mobs. That's why I got them.. because they are grinder oriented. We can still see 2 and 3k hits and Ubers on a more regular basis but I won't be shocked if we don't have a 10k+ because ultimately that's what I designed the LA to do.

As for the mob aggro... I don't like when people are close because 1) they generally smell and 2) I use next target. But if they die and I get their mobs.. they are all fair game.

I think this has been the rule since forever. Lesson: don't die in the middle of a fight.

I think this has been the rule since forever. Lesson: don't die in the middle of a fight.

Lets just make it easy - dieing is unpolite and cowardish in the first place and should be forbidden.
Just because there is revives doesnt mean people should 'play' with their lives ;)
If you die and your mob jumps someone else you lost it - fair enough.

Man, you would have hated the old Crystal Palace. :)

or the old bot invasions... no clue what you missed

Or the old agro in general.

or the old bot invasions... no clue what you missed

Define "old".

When I visited CP in early days it was mostly empty. Don't recall any issues with dickheads grabbing mobs back then.

I don't care much about mob aggro, I wouldn't mind it higher in general, the problem here is people that tag mobs, just so no one else can take them because there is a shortage, and then die and the whole pack goes bananas on someone else.

Actually that's where I learned the rule...there's so much agg there's virtually no hope in keeping track of who's agging whom. One time, there were four of us in radar range, and one aurli ran virtually the entire length of the radar range to attack somebody else. It even changed direction midway a few times. By the time it reached another person, it could heal fully, so it was impossible to keep track.

The one that irritated me was one of the migrations. I lagged, died, and one person kept taking my kills. Reported them to MA, even had witnesses. The monster didn't agg, that person was pulling them if I died.

Back