Many many years since Polished Chrome texture was bugged!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
For years I have submitted support cases about the Polished Chrome texture. For those who are new, it was a beautiful texture which looked like polished chrome. It made clothes look bling, helped coats match armour, gave vehicles a cool look.
Then came the avatar VU update. New avatars somehow bugged the texture, which now looks like a dull lead.

The support team states the responsible team has been notified for years. Can anyone with an ounce of coding knowledge explain why it is so hard to have a polished chrome texture?

Cheers
Bjorn

In coding it is easy. I mean when you have running engine alreasdy it is just tweaking some parametres like in any other texture case. Especialy with CE2 which is very developers friendly.

Problem is internal information flow in MA office or priorities. Either support have problem contacting someone else in same office ( happened to me ) or that bug is very low priority.

Another possibility is that MA is using SCRAM work methodology and someone lost that particular "post-it-note" with that bug info :)

In coding it is easy. I mean when you have running engine alreasdy it is just tweaking some parametres like in any other texture case. Especialy with CE2 which is very developers friendly.

Problem is internal information flow in MA office or priorities. Either support have problem contacting someone else in same office ( happened to me ) or that bug is very low priority.

Another possibility is that MA is using SCRAM work methodology and someone lost that particular "post-it-note" with that bug info :)

Its most likely the - "no one but few scars cares about it, so its super low priority." Which in reality means - when EVERYTHING else is fixed, updated, than we will go onto this. So never.

Its most likely the - "no one but few scars cares about it, so its super low priority." Which in reality means - when EVERYTHING else is fixed, updated, than we will go onto this. So never.

I do care about it too :)

But i need it fixed for the day when i finally get to customize my mothership - have the polished chrome texture stacks needed for such a possible change in storage since 2011 ;)

it is a shame .. many ppl got polished chrome on their items for a lot of peds and now the look is no longer what it should be ..

.. but somehow it does remind me about the items called BLACK .. that are not black anymore ..

this is mindark at its best - implementing mostly the unwanted and removing mostly the wanted things for over a decade now. sometimes by will, sometimes by accident, you never know for sure. :silly2:

)

If a bug gains you PED and screws MA out of PED, it gets fixed and you get banned. If it doesn't screw MA out of PED, it won't get fixed no matter how many others get affected poorly by it. That's the rule of thumb.

It is simply not a priority. You should also be looking to calypso and not mindark for this bug fix. Perhaps you should bug Kim about it.

It is simply not a priority. You should also be looking to calypso and not mindark for this bug fix. Perhaps you should bug Kim about it.

Kim's priority is likely 99.99% with compets/taming atm

So it is a bug??! was sure I couldnt see it cus of my old computer :laugh:

Back