UK Meet UP 2015 Early September (possibly London)

DannyO

Stalker
Society
Dark Knights
Daniel DannyO Ocean
Deleted...….

Last edited:
Oooo I might just be able to drag myself away from home for a couple of days ;)

Sounds interesting. What about north of England? somewhere like Manchester, Bradford, Leeds or Huddersfield?

Sounds interesting. What about north of England? somewhere like Manchester, Bradford, Leeds or Huddersfield?

One problem...

How about somewhere in the middle? :cool:

One problem...

How about somewhere in the middle? :cool:

Actually it's full of ...

and beautiful landscapes, restaurants, culture (need I go on :) ):yay:

I'm potentially interested but budget is an issue so outside of London and preferably north would be better. If it's near Leeds I can perhaps help to organise. Early September is not the best for me because of work, but should be OK as long as we don't do anything ridiculous like having it on a Wednesday night :)

Last edited:
sounds fun - i think midlands is more fair as some may be london some maybe scotland?

I may be up for this flights down to London aint 2 much from Scotland was down at Camden in January and had a blast. :cool:

I would go closer to North as well :)

Scotland meet up :D:silly2::laugh::lolup:

Ty Mega

I may be up for this flights down to London aint 2 much from Scotland

I just looked up a flight from Bristol to Leeds just out of curiosity and it'll take 10 hours to get there due to going via Jersey and Southampton and that doesn't even include the 1 1/4 hour drive to the Airport :laugh:

IF it does have to be in "The North" Blackpool as England's answer to Vegas (cough) is probably the Hen Night / Stag Night capital, has lots of Roller Coasters and other entertainment - even has a pretend Eiffel Tower!

Tons of amusement arcades, bars, clubs even has a beach with an Arctic sea to put your toes in, then change your mind about going in.

I vowed never to return (after last time), but I'd prefer it to Leeds. ;)

^ I had to throw the trousers away after being on that.

I just looked up a flight from Bristol to Leeds just out of curiosity and it'll take 10 hours to get there due to going via Jersey and Southampton and that doesn't even include the 1 1/4 hour drive to the Airport :laugh:

Jersey Works i got family and can do that haha

I'm up for a meet.
London... meh.
North of England gets my vote.

Scotland would be even better ;)

I reckon I'd have a space in the car... Leeds in around 5 hours. If this kicks off I reckon I wanna go.

Hurrikane

It might be me but....

I cant help feeling that the perception of the North is slightly amiss Cumbria and Northumberland are in the North :)

says the Scot living in the soft South

Regards
Sheeps=

ooh never been to an EU meet defo in for this one.....london gets my vote....

London Baby!

Previous meets were awesome, i'll be there! though lets try not to endup in that same brixton bar/club again, third time's the charm :D

For everyone that would like it closer to home, why not organize one too? :)

For everyone that would like it closer to home, why not organize one too? :)

So far, it does show the possibility of a London one and maybe another for everyone else.

North of England location would favour those who lived from the Midlands to Scotland. Unless they like paying London prices for beer of course! :drink:

If not Blackpool, I've always fancied trying out Manchester nightlife as it is vying with Birmingham for 2nd city status.

So far, it does show the possibility of a London one and maybe another for everyone else.

North of England location would favour those who lived from the Midlands to Scotland. Unless they like paying London prices for beer of course! :drink:

If not Blackpool, I've always fancied trying out Manchester nightlife as it is vying with Birmingham for 2nd city status.

Surely London people would relish being able to buy 2 drinks and have change from a tenner?

I say Manchester too, my wife went to Uni there so she can show me around.

Hurrikane

An EU meet-up sounds like fun, personally I'd be happy to travel up, down or side-ways :) I don't believe that the "Price of a pint" argument is very compelling, at least not according to the Morning Advertiser...

Getting into some detail, I can't make 15-23 Sept.

Dirk

Whilst I am not sure that I will be around - how about a poll? You know we Brits love a pole :)

Make it at London and I will be there :D

Whilst I am not sure that I will be around - how about a poll? You know we Brits love a pole :)

We might love a poll, but boy can we bitch about the results afterwards! lol... oh you said "pole"

Surely London people would relish being able to buy 2 drinks and have change from a tenner?

I say Manchester too, my wife went to Uni there so she can show me around.

Hurrikane

I'd rather it be Bristol ;)

Back