UK Meet UP 2015 Early September (possibly London)

I'd be interested in a UK meet up. I went to Amsterdam many many years ago for a society meet but haven't done anything like it since.

I'm yet to find anyone in my personal or professional network who participates in EU so would make a change to talk to someone in person!

are just ppl living in the uk allowed to join? :ahh:

Anywhere but London! Would rather fly to somewhere on mainland Europe :laugh:

On that thought, maybe somewhere close to an international airport so people can fly in without too much hassle :)

Anywhere but London! Would rather fly to somewhere on mainland Europe :laugh:

On that thought, maybe somewhere close to an international airport so people can fly in without too much hassle :)

So Southampton it is then. It's North (from me) and airport close by :)

IF it does have to be in "The North" Blackpool as England's answer to Vegas (cough) is probably the Hen Night / Stag Night capital, has lots of Roller Coasters and other entertainment - even has a pretend Eiffel Tower!

Tons of amusement arcades, bars, clubs even has a beach with an Arctic sea to put your toes in, then change your mind about going in.

I vowed never to return (after last time), but I'd prefer it to Leeds. ;)

^ I had to throw the trousers away after being on that.

at least they have a roller coaster here is how Alan Mo and Sao do a rollercoaster

Danny wish i was closer :mad:

I like Sark, not sure they do have interweb there though :laugh: and you can't see the Isle of Wight from it.

I was going to say the same thing ;)

Surely London people would relish being able to buy 2 drinks and have change from a tenner?

I say Manchester too, my wife went to Uni there so she can show me around.

Hurrikane

Manchester is halfway from Edinburgh to London so kinda fair placement.
Also there is international airport for people living outside UK.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Deleted...….

Last edited:
Deleted...….

Last edited:
I would love to attend.

I vote for London since its easy to find direct flights from abroad.

I will start working up some credit with my other half. Bet it wont be to popular leaving her home with the kids for some days while I fly abroad to drink beer with other ppl who play "that idiotic game" ;)

I get deju vu all the time.

I knew I'd seen this before.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264920-Global-Meetup

There will need to be someone crazy enough to conduct a poll, and even (god forbid) organise this you know..... :silly:

I get deju vu all the time.... :whistle:

"late summer 2015"

21st or 22nd August 2015 could be a good date, August is warmer than September. A lot of people will have the Monday off (August Bank Holiday in the UK)

Last edited:
Shouting lager lager lager lager. Mega mega white thing. Mega mega white thing

Well that was a gift to me really. Another vote against Scotland (sorry Gamble & MadSheep no offence!) :D

(For the confused - skip to 3:01)

And I never knew about the Mega, mega thing before either :thumbup: for that!

i wudnt mind another trip dwn to london had so fun times dwn there wrkin and on the beer, and b nice to meet up with all the fellow grinders :) only take 2.5 hours to get from liverpool to london on the train, but i dont mind traveling anywer

Though I know barely any UK players I'd go.

I'd wanna drive though so somewhere easy to drive to with good parking would be good. A city like Cardiff, but perhaps not Cardiff as it isn't central :p

Though I know barely any UK players I'd go.

I'd wanna drive though so somewhere easy to drive to with good parking would be good. A city like Cardiff, but perhaps not Cardiff as it isn't central :p

Now if only there was a city like that in the middle but not Cardiff.... hmmm...

Above is from 1981, Most has been bulldozed now (for good reason) and traffic is 10x that. ;)

Last edited:
Now if only there was a city like that in the middle but not Cardiff.... hmmm...

Above is from 1981, Most has been bulldozed now (for good reason) and traffic is 10x that. ;)

Ooohh buurminam

if the meeting is in London for sure i'll go! :yay:

From my perspective this is how I see it:

• Meet up in London
    and:
  • Possible meet up North of London (which is most of Britain)

Back