The castle puzzle

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker

The castle puzzle

A long time ago in user rep comments someone asked me how to do the puzzle in my forum avatar picture. It's always tricky in this game deciding what to share and indeed even if it's appropriate as some info may have effects that can't be calculated or controlled.

Anyway the situation with castle's I think could be interesting and could be worthy of discussion.

To arrive at the picture (puzzle) above you need to follow these steps.

1) Take a map of Eudoria
eudoria_798616.jpg

2) On it in red mark the locations of castles (below are rough estimates - some a bit off :) )
eudoriacastle.jpg

3) Notice the map of Eudoria is made of square blocks. If you look carefully you can see the edges of these squares (which probably indicate server areas - someone more technical should be able to confirm) . Now either it's co-incidence or by design but each castle seems to cover two square blocks. I marked them out with green rectangles. Remove the map of Eudoria and what your left with are castles and their possible areas of influence.
eudoriacastle2.jpg

On researching castles more I had found around 2006-2010 MA had moved the castle at minopolis. Apparently there used to be a castle there. Anyway when that castle was moved and the position of current castles "locked" it indicates MA may have had a design of a political structure in mind then and the position of castles a remnant of their plans.

In times of old castles used to be centers of governance. We know MA are interested in implementing politics along with estates. Could castles be at the top of the estate ladder and centers of governance?

Anyway that's theory one. If I was to mention some of the other theories, you'd say I'm quite insane so I'll stop here...

I didn't know there was a castle in PVP as I never go there.

You learn something new every day. :)

In times of old castles used to be centers of governance. We know MA are interested in implementing politics along with estates. Could castles be at the top of the estate ladder and centers of governance?

Anyway that's theory one. If I was to mention some of the other theories, you'd say I'm quite insane so I'll stop here...

:cool:

Sorry George, but you spend a way too much time thinking these mysteries, what Mindark has made back in the days.

I didn't know there was a castle in PVP as I never go there.

You learn something new every day. :)

It's not in PVP but very close to it. On my map it's position isn't very accurate

I just thought you liked Dominoes? :scratch2:

(The game not the Pizza)

We know MA are interested in implementing politics along with estates. Could castles be at the top of the estate ladder and centers of governance?

It doesn't make sense to add new functions to an already sold object when you (MA) can spice up with them some new big sale :)

Is this why you bought a castle recently? :D

It doesn't make sense to add new functions to an already sold object when you (MA) can spice up with them some new big sale :)

Ah the Egg. :egg:

Sorry couldn't help myself

I had no idea. I've been around the game for 10 years and never been in a castle :laugh:

George does have an interesting set of items in his castle. I've visited there a few times since he bought it. Wish other eccentric castle owners had similar type of mentality. (one weird reason it too me so long to graduate is because George was my mentor originally, but we could never do the mentor hunt due to being in different time zones... so I had to eventually kick him and go with another mentor that started it all with that happening first so that the other stuff was a breeze)...

OP, nice hypothesis! It does make sense to me that MA at some point had some visions for these castles. Why would they include medieval structures in a sci-fi setting if not?

Ok, we have swords in the game, but no medieval armor, no ancient shields, no other ruins indicating a medieval time on Calypso. The mutants here have very primitive settlements - umbras, feffs etc. do not even wear clothing! Umbras dropped some crude knifes in earlier times, and that fitted well with their settlements, but no sign of medieval times.

No, castles must have been built by the settlers if anything - although I have no clue why the resorted to brick and medieval construction plans. Maybe they managed to enslave mutants to dig clay, sand and stone, carry heavy loads and operate heavy pulleys. But the settlers were space farers, so why on earth (or rather: why on Calypso) would they construct structures like castles? Did they not know how to use metal, concrete or build crystal structures from melchi crystals that were more suited for high-tech equipment?

OP - thank you for bringing us this nice xmas mystery ;) have you figured something more out since 2015?

OP - thank you for bringing us this nice xmas mystery ;) have you figured something more out since 2015?

Nothing of any interest except the top most castle on the map used to be a ruin but around 2014/2015 was same as others andd all castles standardized to some extent

Last edited:

Well two castles are still owned by MA as they were never sold

Cool thread, if it hadn't been necro'd I never would have seen it, and I've always wondered what your avatar was supposed to be. :D

Back