What about trans-dimensional warp?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
So far we can warp between planets x-y. Fairly boring.
We can but hope MA makes warp planning based on xyz coordinates and wormhole stability. If they implement a new skill such as Space Navigation and Warp planning, which will make it possible to warp to certain places based on your skills. Say a level 5 warp navigator can successfully warp between close by planets, where a level 15 can do Caly to Arkadia. Then add in extra fun such as trans-dimensional warp to totally different areas in space. Only say a level 40 can do this.

There is a lot they can do with warp systems to make it really interesting.

Anyway, back to usual click and warp...zzz

Warp itself is already 3 dimensional, the issue is the 2 dimensional map which most of the time limits to just x,y coords.
It pretty much works like tp chips with the exception of 3d for the tp to home feature.

I agree that warping should be more then just point and click and space needs to have a size that is in balance with the speed of warp, the number of warpcapable ships and the amount of space travelers - it will never be balanced as long as a single ship can perform all flight requests in the universe more efficient then a fleet of ships.

So you're asking for "hyperspace" a laStarCon2, Babylon 5, etc.? That could potentially be cool.

Don't really agree that they should make space even more rarefied in interest than it already is though. Why put resources into developing a major system only to make it accessible to an even smaller handful of players?

The problem is that as much as space could be interesting, MA implemented in a way that it's not, and unless they change a few of the decisions that made it that way *coughlootablepvp*, players are going to continue to all but ignore it, and i don't blame them. It's the same reason i haven't done any of the mul clan missions: even though some supposedly live outside of PvP 4, i got it in my head that they are the lootable PvP mob and i don't even bother to look into it because i have no interest in HUNTING in a lootable PvP zone.

There are other reasons space is fail, among them the same reasons hunting anywhere is fail when it comes to gameplay ("fun"): it's a RCE MMORPG that can't afford to make activities too dependent on player skills (see the ongoing thread about whether EU is a game).

Warp dependant on skill could be fun.
If your skill is too low the chance to hit the desired spot should be smaller.
If much to low you end up somewhere completly different :silly:

Back