Entropia Universe 15.3.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Features
Mission Galactica
A new universe-wide mission has been added and can be accessed via the Action Library. Full details of this exciting new mission will be posted on the Entropia Universe Buzz page very soon.

Harvesting
A new resource gathering system has been introduced allowing participants to harvest natural resources. The first phase of this system features wood harvesting. Resource nodes can be found near appropriate terrain object, so knowledge of the local environment will allow one to locate valuable resource nodes more easily.

A new Resource Gatherer profession has been created, along with its related primary skill Resource Gathering. The TerraTech PH-1, a basic wood harvesting tool, can be purchased at Trade Terminals on all planets. Higher level harvesting tools can be manufactured with the required blueprints.

When a harvesting tool is equipped, the resource node that the tool can extract will show up in the world when within range. Using the tool on such a resource will extract natural material. There are different resource tiers, and harvesting tools have a rating indicating the highest resource tier that can be harvested (along with any lower tiers). Each resource node can only be harvested a limited number times, and each has a short timer after which the node will disappear. Faster and more powerful harvesting tools are thus required to extract the maximum amount of resources before a node is exhausted.

Taming
  • Two new passive pet buffs have been implemented: Decrease Critical Damage & Loot Collection.
  • Several new creatures are available to be tamed across various planets.

Changes
  • Footstep sounds have been improved.
  • Improvements to draw distance and particle effects have been implemented to improve graphics performance.

Fixed Issues
  • An issue causing missing footstep sounds in certain areas has been corrected.

Known Issues
  • An issue has been identified related to the Mission Tracker interface causing client crashes when travelling between planets. This issue will be corrected in the patch scheduled for June 23. Until then, untrack missions during interplanetary travel to avoid client crashes.
  • When accessing the Pet Center Manager terminal there is an internal error dialogue, this can be ignored as everything is working as normal. This is due to the new plot system.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Harvesting
A new resource gathering system has been introduced allowing participants to harvest natural resources. The first phase of this system features wood harvesting. Resource nodes can be found near appropriate terrain object, so knowledge of the local environment will allow one to locate valuable resource nodes more easily.
A new Resource Gatherer profession has been created, along with its related primary skill Resource Gathering. The TerraTech PH-1, a basic wood harvesting tool, can be purchased at Trade Terminals on all planets. Higher level harvesting tools can be manufactured with the required blueprints.
When a harvesting tool is equipped, the resource node that the tool can extract will show up in the world when within range. Using the tool on such a resource will extract natural material. There are different resource tiers, and harvesting tools have a rating indicating the highest resource tier that can be harvested (along with any lower tiers). Each resource node can only be harvested a limited number times, and each has a short timer after which the node will disappear. Faster and more powerful harvesting tools are thus required to extract the maximum amount of resources before a node is exhausted.

so this harvesting is universe wide?

i can finally become a lumberjack!

Yay RIP to mining!

Yay RIP to mining!

i dont see anything that will effect mining...did i miss something ??? the new resource will be used for upgrading houses only i think..

i dont see anything that will effect mining...did i miss something ??? the new resource will be used for upgrading houses only i think..

Yes but u don't get it. Mining MU is already crap. So instead of focusing on increasing MU of it, they put a new crap to even kill mining more. Would be better if they used existing resources for upgrade.

Features
Mission Galactica
A new universe-wide mission has been added and can be accessed via the Action Library. Full details of this exciting new mission will be posted on the Entropia Universe Buzz page very soon.

i wonder if it is space mission thing they mentioned earlier...go pirates !!

Just a note

New Skill added , but no New Separate Proffesion in Proffession section

Run arround a bit ... none node located (TT has Tool)

Would craft ... but are tool BPs released??? ... or not .. of MA expect us to gamble again ?

So it this full release or Partial ? |Cool but These release notes are missing IMPORTANT THINGS to state

Resource Gathering is placed in the Combat Profession tab... Really MA???

Should be in the Mining tab and not mess up my combat pro standing average. While you are at it, please move Spacecraft engineering to the Manufacturing Tab where it belongs.

I haven't found anything yet in 15 mins of running around.... or should i be walking like when you spot stone and fruit?

Last edited:
Cant wait to login :D

At least its something new to do when idling on planets:)

So, what's with the new secret island part of Next Island?
It's got enough download size to be something significant it would seem.....
Anyone close by over there?

there is a secret island TP on rocktropia that is not working at the moment. I wonder if its going to TP to next island?

So, what's with the new secret island part of Next Island?
It's got enough download size to be something significant it would seem.....
Anyone close by over there?

i am ni atm and i can't see nothing different on maps or something else than ancient greece in the tp drop down..

something at rt sound reasonable, they had "unknown" in tp dropdown for a while

Should be in the Mining tab and not mess up my combat pro standing average. While you are at it, please move Spacecraft engineering to the Manufacturing Tab where it belongs.

I haven't found anything yet in 15 mins of running around.... or should i be walking like when you spot stone and fruit?

Agreed for the resource gathering, however the spacecraft engineering while not being an active profession yet will likely have impact in reactor/energy and torpedo management and might therefor be correctly placed in combat tab - should come to live when mindark moves forward with space which they apparently have shifted backwards 'again'...

Walk with tool equipped and trees will light up.

Yes but u don't get it. Mining MU is already crap. So instead of focusing on increasing MU of it, they put a new crap to even kill mining more. Would be better if they used existing resources for upgrade.

Totally agree, unless something really new comes up its going to be another half-dead profession. If its only for the new houses, its going to be usable for a limited period of time only, because after a year or so (from when you could actually build a house) everyone will loose interest.

I guess we'll have to wait for a bit and see what the entire picture is for these changes; it could potentially bump the economy a bit even if for a short period of time. It all depends on MA's "vision".
I also like the the new mission (at first sight): the new chips and the requirement of muscle oil which may bump it's MU a bit.

I'm curious to see if there any loot adjustments; for example, will the timber that we get from mobs will still drop?

i am ni atm and i can't see nothing different on maps or something else than ancient greece in the tp drop down..

something at rt sound reasonable, they had "unknown" in tp dropdown for a while

i have to correct mysel..ni map isn't unchanged...

the CND island there is removed (i didn't realize first time)..
so i guess NDs island has moved to rt now..

i have to correct mysel..ni map isn't unchanged...

the CND island there is removed (i didn't realize first time)..
so i guess NDs island has moved to rt now..
WARNING!
Known Issues - To Be fixed for upcoming Patch!
Travel Agent not yet providing Transport to Secret Destination.. Please Don't give her your bananas!!!!
Along with the release note of RT, so I guess you are right, CND island has moved to RT.

Anyone found a wood harvesting resource node yet ? :scratch2:

Anyone found a wood harvesting resource node yet ? :scratch2:

ive been walking for 30 min in areas with lots of trees and couldnt find one.

seems this new activity is more like sweating or fruits walking, a time loss :(

pet passive unlock prices doubled in ped and essence
having passive from pet enabled seem to have their energy/h raised 10x than it was before

Daikiba Strong pet decreased 75% in size....

Back