Video: Resource Harvesting

warmdogg

Prowler
Society
illuminox
BETA BINX BREAKER
Made this rough edit for socmates to show how harvesting works, apologies for sound etc. was primarily just to show people what they are looking for.

GL and happy VU Day.

P.S Sorry if this is in the wrong place, wasnt quite sure where to put it

Thank you! So... you don't need to walk to see the nodes.

Nope, Running is fine. Have found lvl.1 - lvl.3 trees with the TT tool so far. lvl.3 = Huge tree

Interesting, thanks :) What skills are you getting from it?

10 PED of Short Moonleaf Board = 100 kg. Now, go work on your Strength. :laugh:

Resource gathering, Analysis and Botany from what i can see.

EDIT: Also Looks like Zoology Genetics and Biology is given

Last edited:
From the video it seems resource gathering has a tt return of ~50% by design.

(I'm yet to find a node myself, perhaps I should look in areas other than Pandora desert :laugh:)

From the video it seems resource gathering has a tt return of ~50% by design.

(I'm yet to find a node myself, perhaps I should look in areas other than Pandora desert :laugh:)

And there will be noobs selling for 110%.. making the entire profession... useless..

And there will be noobs selling for 110%.. making the entire profession... useless..

Why noobs? Members of certain societies will do so because SKILLZZZ!!1!oneoneeleven!

The whole thing might however become interesting if rare sorts of timber spawn in PVP. :laugh:

Why noobs? Members of certain societies will do so because SKILLZZZ!!1!oneoneeleven!

Hem hem. :lolup:

So far I got internal errors every time I tried to chip out Gatherer skills so farming skills for trading seems impossible. Maybe it's a bug, will try again after the bugfix patch next week.

Hem hem. :lolup:

So far I got internal errors every time I tried to chip out Harvesting skills so farming skills for trading seems impossible. Maybe it's a bug, will try again after the bugfix patch next week.

I had in mind those societies where one needs certain total skill count to advance to the next rank, regardless of whether those skills are any useful or not.

It could be similar to the sweat gathering skill, I know there was a cut off point back in the day but I'm not sure if you can chip it out now as I've never tried.

As for the MU, it all depends on how many resource nodes MA allow at any one time, they may set it to a large quantity at the start and reduce them later. Plus it depends on how and where the resources will be used.

At the moment I'm assuming it will be another stack in storage waiting for a use other than the CLD's which could also render it pointless on other planets.

Oh well, after half an hour of running around I found my first node. :D

It should be noted 'select next target' doesn't work with it, perhaps to limit botting.

Also, after extracting the resource the whole tree disappeared. Sort of makes sense but still I was surprised. :)

Oh well, after half an hour of running around I found my first node. :D

It should be noted 'select next target' doesn't work with it, perhaps to limit botting.

Also, after extracting the resource the whole tree disappeared. Sort of makes sense but still I was surprised. :)

Wow. :eyecrazy: Talk about destructable terrain! I'm really curious about the implementation details of this (client and server side).

Sure hope the "Select next target" stays that way.

btw, in the video the tree disappears, too.

now if we only could dig down some annoying hills... :D

Overall, this is some cheap fun for one evening, but I'm afraid an equivalent of running three miles to craft five clicks of explosives I will lose its appeal pretty soon.

Last edited:
I gave this a go for a little bit.

Biggest tree i found with the TT Tool was a L3 Anyone seen bigger with the TT Tool ?

Found a tree after good half a hour of running around and waiting for the yellow marker dot to appear.
There was no dot ever, for whatever reason. Only found that tree by running straight into it, and then saw its label. (a small label that u can see in the video as well, saying "tree lvl 1")

Well i already knew i'm no miner type, nothing new there. :tongue2:

Found a tree after good half a hour of running around and waiting for the yellow marker dot to appear.
There was no dot ever, for whatever reason. Only found that tree by running straight into it, and then saw its label. (a small label that u can see in the video as well, saying "tree lvl 1")

Well i already knew i'm no miner type, nothing new there. :tongue2:

Maybe it's a matter of GFX settings?

A thought about coming crafted resource harvesters:

If they use no TT ammo of whatever kind, their markup potential will be as limited as that of crafted melee weapons - unless they can do something extremely valuable TT harvesters can't.

Maybe it's a matter of GFX settings?
That was the 1st though that crossed my mind as well. Tried relogging, that doesnt help.
I run the game at max video quality, but i have no desire to become a beta tester and try to find out whats causing the bug. I'd better leave this job to the MA guys who get paid for it.

Besides, the for me the loading screen music is still there. Ingame i have ambient background sound but there's no sounds from weapons, tools, vehicles or mobs. I figure we now have our own virtual Silent Spring. That's a new feature, no doubt! :tongue2:
EDIT: it seems the sound bug was a local "feature", it only influenced Arkadia. As of yesterday A-Team was already aware of the problem and busy fixing it. Knowing A-Team it's prolly fixed by now.

Last edited:
Nope, Running is fine. Have found lvl.1 - lvl.3 trees with the TT tool so far. lvl.3 = Huge tree

haha love that "lvl 3 is a huuuuuuuuuuuge tree"

Made this rough edit for socmates to show how harvesting works, apologies for sound etc. was primarily just to show people what they are looking for.

GL and happy VU Day.

P.S Sorry if this is in the wrong place, wasnt quite sure where to put it

Daim I been here 8 years and I see your forum post the first time new ava pic? And also the name never ever seen it in EU lol

Definitely a big thx for the video....appreciated

Daim I been here 8 years and I see your forum post the first time new ava pic? And also the name never ever seen it in EU lol

Definitely a big thx for the video....appreciated

NP your welcome, I'm just excited to see all the great new additions they have made. I've been around for a while, was most active in 05/06 with my avatar warmdogg but after a break and hearing stories of mud kicker shooting someone in the knee I came back with a new account - binx.

so that's it you run for 3 hours to harvest like 20 pec and get 50% tt back?

I wonder who is gonna do that lol, even sweating or fruits walking are more entertaining and thats 100% profit.

anyways, really cool they add new things to do in the game, i just hope this can get a bit more interesting (maybe with crafted tools?)

so that's it you run for 3 hours to harvest like 20 pec and get 50% tt back?

I wonder who is gonna do that lol, even sweating or fruits walking are more entertaining and thats 100% profit.

anyways, really cool they add new things to do in the game, i just hope this can get a bit more interesting (maybe with crafted tools?)

Looking at the new tools the seems to be at least 3 tiers of material and the tt tool only has access to 1 tier.

As for returns they look pretty solid a at 90% by the time you finish the tool. The mats are required to buy all but 1 type of housing plot so looks like it could be a great addition. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy to find nodes.

Binx

thx for the info it seems quite nicer now.

Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy to find nodes.

Is it too much if i ask you to look for nodes in low graphics?
id like to know if im just blind or if there is actually a problem with nodes and low graphics config

Is it too much if i ask you to look for nodes in low graphics?
id like to know if im just blind or if there is actually a problem with nodes and low graphics config

I run on mixed settings with most of them on low (shading quality is on high), and I could see the node well.

I run on mixed settings with most of them on low (shading quality is on high), and I could see the node well.

oky thanks, ill try again then, id like to find at least one node by myself :p

there were ALOT around ft zeus

Back