Video: Resource Harvesting

Wow. :eyecrazy: Talk about destructable terrain! I'm really curious about the implementation details of this (client and server side).

Sure hope the "Select next target" stays that way.

Yup. Only Mindark could take an engine that support destructible terrain properly out of the box... and implement a vanishing tree with it.

I was wondering if the trees were actually instanced, i.e. only one person can see it? I wouldn't be surprised if trees bounce back either. I might check again tonight where I found one yesterday and take a friend with me in case it is there and cut downable to test the instance theory

Wistrel

PS my first attempt took a minute or two of searching and looted me 12pec of material for 14pec decay. I got about 3 skill messages

Yup. Only Mindark could take an engine that support destructible terrain properly out of the box... and implement a vanishing tree with it.

I was wondering if the trees were actually instanced, i.e. only one person can see it? I wouldn't be surprised if trees bounce back either. I might check again tonight where I found one yesterday and take a friend with me in case it is there and cut downable to test the instance theory

Wistrel

PS my first attempt took a minute or two of searching and looted me 12pec of material for 14pec decay. I got about 3 skill messages

I think you only see the tree with gatherer equipped.. so it doesn't really vanish from the terrain. It's added, just like fruit and stones.
I found three trees thusfar.. but the stuff will not fit into a refiner.. So I guess the material needed to get a bigger landplot is... crafted??

I think you only see the tree with gatherer equipped.. so it doesn't really vanish from the terrain. It's added, just like fruit and stones.
I found three trees thusfar.. but the stuff will not fit into a refiner.. So I guess the material needed to get a bigger landplot is... crafted??

I was able to see the special trees while flying around ft zeus. a lighter green in color from the others. hopped out and equipped the harvester, sure enough.

I received 100% TT return..
I brought harvester, ran around for 2 fucking hours looking for a tree.
I TT'd the harvester.
Thanks for the great entertainment.

Now that is freaking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I also received 100%. It's almost as if MA is not even trying to please the players anymore. Very sad I just wish I could have discovered this game 8 yrs ago I may have enjoyed it more.:eyecrazy:

They did mention that knowing the landscape would be beneficial. So it feels safe to assume that once you found a good spot, it is worth noting down the cords so you can visit it later again.

Great video!

Thanks for sharing video!
My question is: Is settings have to be on a certain level to see node? I spent1-2 hours last night and didn't see anything..but seen in chat someone said is harder to see node in daylight game setting. (I will mention that for the first 1/2 hour I was trying to actually "sweat" the trees to find the planks.) :tongue2: :ahh:

Thanks for sharing video!
My question is: Is settings have to be on a certain level to see node? I spent1-2 hours last night and didn't see anything..but seen in chat someone said is harder to see node in daylight game setting. (I will mention that for the first 1/2 hour I was trying to actually "sweat" the trees to find the planks.) :tongue2: :ahh:

mega_finds_wood2_.jpg

I only found 2 trees in an hour of looking, I think the glow will definitely be more noticeable at night, but you can easily see the glow in the daytime too, because if you have the harvester equipped, you're actively looking for the glow on the tree trunks.

I was playing on Very High, but I'd wager you can see the glow on most graphic settings (maybe not on Safe mode, because the game might not draw the tree itself :D)

Not a good idea to sweat trees, you get splinters that way. ;)

I have success by flying above with VTOL at approx 300m. I look for the trees not the nodes. I was in an area where 5 different tree colors were the common - and I would look for the color that wasn't one of those five. Being high up - it stands out more and once you get used to the colors - you can get on a roll.
That being said - I'm wrong sometimes, and it looks like I'll end up with 80% return on first item.
I'm lvl 13 resource gatherer too BTW.

GL out there.

Wistrel

Yes, 2 ava's can see the same tree & cut it at the same time, so ppl.. bring your alts with you :p

I have success by flying above with VTOL at approx 300m. I look for the trees not the nodes. I was in an area where 5 different tree colors were the common - and I would look for the color that wasn't one of those five. Being high up - it stands out more and once you get used to the colors - you can get on a roll.
That being said - I'm wrong sometimes, and it looks like I'll end up with 80% return on first item.
I'm lvl 13 resource gatherer too BTW.

GL out there.

So much for needing to have the tool equipped to find the trees then! :laugh:

Nice tip!

PS: For those of us that haven't found any wood whilst out exploring, I suspect its because dozens have already ran through the areas we were looking in and chopped them all down earlier in the day.

Yes, 2 ava's can see the same tree & cut it at the same time, so ppl.. bring your alts with you :p

Ooooh I can picture it now!!! the Tree Wars are coming! :yay:

Back