next island secret Island

baron topper

Old Alpha
Society
Danish Society
baron topper
next island - secret Island any one know what that is ?

i am downloading it now

Nope... Its a secret :D I guess someone will have to go there and see...

There are rumours that it is not actually on Next Island, but on Rocktropia!
Apparently the RT planet release notes there say the secret island is not working properly and don't pay the NPC to go there yet or so.....
The Neverdie section of NI has also apparently disappeared from the NI map now.
I've not checked out the RT forum though to see what it's about.

Anyone else have problems downloading it?

I was trying three times — no success.
Client Loader crashing at around 75% and after restart trying to download from beginning. :scratch2:

All other planets already downloaded without any issues.

This would make sense... I have a feeling I read somewhere once that the RT part of NI was a sort of payment for the work. Something like people from RT made bits of NI but they got partly paid in being able to have an area on the planet to do their own thing with.

So given NI is a dead (and broken) duck from what I've heard lately maybe it makes sense for the assets to be moved back to RT?

Hope so. I never actually went to that bit of NI for some reason... went past it but not to it.

Well I guess time will tell.

Wistrel

Secret island from NI has been moved to rocktropia. Can be viewed from rocktropia and TP should be setup on monday for us to teleport there

Secret island from NI has been moved to rocktropia. Can be viewed from rocktropia and TP should be setup on monday for us to teleport there

Wow! that sounds like a good move for ND and loyal rocktropians.

Once the move is complete and access is established it will be the first time for me to get a visit to this island as well :)

NI got updated aswell. A few new mobs to hunt and roumers about a tamable papoo ?

Next/Secret Island

They are the same. On RT at the back of CND, by the pool is a npc that will take you to Next for bananas.
Not sure if there is an equivalent site on NI back to RT. I hope so, I left my spacecraft and most ive my gear on RT! So be aware....smiles.

Secret Island is a small part of Next Island. Was a small part, to be exact.
Next Island is a planet that has Time Travel, Ancient Greece, Cyclopses and all that stuff. Gosh guys, what planet are u from?
O wait... u are from a different planet indeed, aren't u. :scratch2:
Ok, take ur time. It's a big universe. The truth is out there.

Secret Island is a small part of Next Island. Was a small part, to be exact.
Next Island is a planet that has Time Travel, Ancient Greece, Cyclopses and all that stuff. Gosh guys, what planet are u from?
O wait... u are from a different planet indeed, aren't u. :scratch2:
Ok, take ur time. It's a big universe. The truth is out there.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or if I have miss read it but secret island is now on Rocktropia and has been since the last VU

I also believed this first and didn't investigate properly when adventure took me there the first time. And then there was a big glitch, when I took the dragon for the first time I crashed out and upon logging back in was suddenly greeted with the welcome screen of NI proper which I had yet to download. When that was done, I came to SI. Very strange.

But this time it was actually great fun to get things wrong, one of the best gameplay afternoons I ever had... >>>

Guess I'm not the only one for whom confusion arose due to the names' likeness and the idea that it would fit in the original concept of NI. At the occasion described in the link above I also got an explanation from ND in pm that they both live on the same server, which only added on to it until I was explicitly given to understand that there is no connection at all between the two, you cannot reach SI from NI or vice versa directly by any means. The servers are planned to be separated as traffic picks up, if I understood him correctly.

Last edited:
I took the dragon to Secret Island, it looks and feels like NI, you need one rotten banana to get there. You need CND Banana (I think to get back) Do not try to fly off secret island, you can't - you must take the dragon to get back. When I was there Nerverdie was at the landing area and kindly gave me the CND banana to get back. I didn't explore that much but I may go back again next time I am on RT

UPDATE:

Just in case anyone is wondering about the Tokens (Bananas), Rotten Bananas are lootable from low Lvl Zombies and CND Bananas are lootable from the Lvl 15 Gorillas at Mountain Gorilla Ridge TP [38378,19417].

If you are a new player I would take an experienced friend or Mentor to Secret Island for the first trip, it would be irritating to get stuck there.

Dirk

Since I tried a quick look and read to this thread and be a little confused..... (Hammer wright it couple times right!)

Next Island had a part that owned by Jon Neverdie Jacobs.

That part of the server (piece of NI map) became part of ROCKtropia.

I was curious to see the map of Next Island after that, so I visited the planet.

NI is still there but without the east part of LA's (ND Club and Island girl e.t.c.) this map is a location of RT now.

Hope its gonna have interesting new textures there ^_^

Back