FYI: Cointhian Ruby Kanin - huge nerf!

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
Just so everyone knows. With this update there came huge nerf on this pet:

energy consuption on both buffs was rasied to ridiculous high levels.

Generation buff +10% used to have 1.0 en/h consuption. Now its 10.0 en/h
Acceleration buff +14% used to have 1.4 en/h consuption. Now its 40.0 en/h

I already wrote support case but to be honest i doubt they will change it back :(.

I bought the pet solely for the acceleration buff since it was way more eco to use it over the stable buffs long term. It is level 20 already.

Atm i am under strong emotions and i consider selling everything and witdrawing (it will be roughly 80-90k peds after selling everything).

PS: check your other pets if stats on them mayby changed too...

Falagor
:bandit:

I think buff energy cost has gone up for everything, certainly has for a few we spoke about in soc. Regular bunny buff has gone from 1 to 6.

yea dont think you're special, all suffered nerf
regular is now 6
silver is 20
ruby seems to be 40

I'm sure they thought that using pets was not producing enough 'turnover'

But does this increase in energy equating to an increased xp rate? If so, seems like a good trade off as it is just faster xp for faster consumption.

Silver Kanin as well got an update.

Pet Focus - Increase Generation is now 10 Energy/h, previously was 1 if I recall correctly.

However not sure if they really increase this or not as I cannot observe a higher rate of nutrio consumption.
Could someone do some tests regarding this?

The main thing is, that its not mentioned in the Release Notes, I wonder how may other things have slipped by over the years.

Its unacceptable.

Silver Kanin as well got an update.

Pet Focus - Increase Generation is now 10 Energy/h, previously was 1 if I recall correctly.

However not sure if they really increase this or not as I cannot observe a higher rate of nutrio consumption.
Could someone do some tests regarding this?

It was 10 to begin with. I have been using it for some time.

The main thing is, that its not mentioned in the Release Notes, I wonder how may other things have slipped by over the years.

Its unacceptable.

That is a calypso PP problem. It is their pets.

Its unacceptable.

It was mentioned in release notes ~two VUs ago that "pets may be subject to ongoing rebalancing" or smth. like that. That's why I don't own a pet yet. :silly2:

edit: here's that sentence - although it spoke only of stable buffs, but even that was enough to make one cautious:
Note that the variety and cost of the Pet Center buffs are subject to change in future releases based on balancing requirements.
Did anyone doubt MA would try to milk pet users to the max?

Last edited:
Ancient Daikiba Strong before was 40 +2 , now 54 consumption.
And thats not all , they changed it visualy !"#$%{@!! grr..
Now is like daikiba baby - small.

It was 10 to begin with. I have been using it for some time.

Cannot be, I remember when had the passive buff active Metabolic rate was 11+1 and now is 11+10 :(

And I think I'm done with taming as many others!!!

Increasing metabolic rate won't give more revenue, my questimate is that would remain same as many will not continue to tame animals as we are treated as animals by MA(doing such major changes without even announcing them in release notes).

Really bad decision MA :(

Can someone convert these numbers to peds per hour so a none tamer can understand the costs :)

Cannot be, I remember when had the passive buff active Metabolic rate was 11+1 and now is 11+10 :(

And I think I'm done with taming as many others!!!

Increasing metabolic rate won't give more revenue, my questimate is that would remain same as many will not continue to tame animals as we are treated as animals by MA(doing such major changes without even announcing them in release notes).

Really bad decision MA :(

I definitely know that the added focus buff wasn't +1. I specifically remember wondering if I needed to toggle it off because it was far more burn.

As for the rest, we knew taming 2.0 was going to be tweaked. I can't imagine anyone thinking that it wouldn't be adjusted over time.

And again.. this is a calypso decision.. not mindark. Those are planet pets. Bitch to Kim.

And again.. this is a calypso decision.. not mindark. Those are planet pets. Bitch to Kim.

& who said he works for calypso.. AFAIK, his last statement was that he was working on compets... doubt calypsoteam has to pay for developing that.. then again, we all know they just tell us what they want in the end
you either swallow it or spit it back out :D

Can someone convert these numbers to peds per hour so a none tamer can understand the costs :)

Base metabolic on Ruby Kanin is 13 energy/h. This means it consumes 13 nutrio/h.

So with old stats Acceleration +14% would cost 14.4 nutrio/h. Now it will cost 53.0 nutrio/h...

Since i play 10-12h/day it makes huge difference.

---

I will do some tests soon and check if the nutrio/h is actually increased.

Falagor

Excellent Falagor,

Please do that, sa we can see the difference.

Also people can see what has changed in each vu update and show as well how greedy is the PP.

P.S. What is happening with mu for sweetstuff/nutrio bars? Why are the prices skyrocketing?

Thx for the info Falagor.

Ok, so MA said these pets were a work in progress so we all knew things weren't set in stone; can't really complain about that.

The price increase is big but you're still getting a 1 hours boost for 53pec (how much markup u pay is up to u). So it seems like a reasonable cost for what you're getting.

Given how cheap they were I can now understand why everyone has been running around with these fucking annoying pets. I don't think this will make a massive difference though, still damn cheap if u ask me.

Ancient Daikiba Strong before was 40 +2 , now 54 consumption.
And thats not all , they changed it visualy !"#$%{@!! grr..
Now is like daikiba baby - small.

Actually you are wrong!
Ancient Daikiba Strong (based on Daikiba Stalker) is now smaller than Daikiba Cub!!!!!!

That is big FU towards playerbase.
MA basically nerf everything without even noticing us.
But this is nothing new sadly...

Thx for the info Falagor.

Ok, so MA said these pets were a work in progress so we all knew things weren't set in stone; can't really complain about that.

The price increase is big but you're still getting a 1 hours boost for 53pec (how much markup u pay is up to u). So it seems like a reasonable cost for what you're getting.

Given how cheap they were I can now understand why everyone has been running around with these fucking annoying pets. I don't think this will make a massive difference though, still damn cheap if u ask me.

Well i invested time and peds in the ruby since the passive buff was way cheaper tan stable buffs. +12% for 1 day costs 2ped (not that it was working at all - anyone has tested if the stable buffs were fixed?)

So consdiering i play 10h/day:
- cost for one day for stable buff (+12%): 2ped + cheapest metabolic rate (10.0 nutrio/h) = ~4.50ped/day
- cost for one day for passive before change (+14%): 13.0 + 1.4 nutrio/h = ~3.60ped/day
- cost for one day for passive after change (+14%): 13.0 + 40.0 nutrio/h = ~13.25ped/day

You can see why it sucks now ;).

Falagor
:bandit

Well i invested time and peds in the ruby since the passive buff was way cheaper tan stable buffs. +12% for 1 day costs 2ped (not that it was working at all - anyone has tested if the stable buffs were fixed?)

- cost for one day for stable buff (+12%): 2ped + cheapest metabolic rate (10.0 nutrio/h) = ~4.50ped/day
- cost for one day for passive before change (+14%): 13.0 + 1.4 nutrio/h = ~3.60ped/day
- cost for one day for passive after change (+14%): 13.0 + 40.0 nutrio/h = ~13.25ped/day

You can see why it sucks now ;).

Falagor
:bandit

They probably did it so stables would get more business. Of course this makes time and ped spent leveling up pets a waste for many.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to have the stable be so much cheaper than the pet (it should be other way around if u need a special pet). It also didn't make sense to pay the peds people were paying for those bunnies if you only saved 90pec a day.

Glad it isn't just me then.

15% Focus Regeneration on Ruby Devil has gone from 1.5/h up to 36/h.....now where is that deactivate button :scratch2:

Ff

So with nutrio at 250%, passive is cheaper than stable if you play less than 1 h 55 m a day.

Quick reference table of nutrio rate vs. break-even point:
Rate Costs equal at
100% 4 h 16 m
150% 3 h 3 m
200% 2 h 16 m
250% 1 h 55 m
300% 1 h 42 m
350% 1 h 29 m
400% 1 h 16 m
450% 1 h 3 m

So with nutrio at 250%, passive is cheaper than stable if you play less than 1 h 55 m a day.

Assuming your calculations are correct, it's cheaper than stable if you have your buff activated for less than 1h 55m a day, which is a different thing entirely.

Assuming your calculations are correct, it's cheaper than stable if you have your buff activated for less than 1h 55m a day, which is a different thing entirely.

Yup this...

Falagor

Sooo.... are they pretty much useless now? With the exception that if you are lazy, you don't have to visit a stable once a week?

Disapointed :(

Sooo.... are they pretty much useless now? With the exception that if you are lazy, you don't have to visit a stable once a week?

Disapointed :(

Yup me too...

giving it some more thoughts how to adjust to this in a best way would be having two pets:
- ruby kanin with +14% buff for: 1) in case that 2% matters a lot, 2) in case i plan to hunt less than 2 hours during one day
- pet with smallest base nutrio consumption at minimum lev 5 (lev 7 actually to be able to spawn it on other planets) and hope there will be stable with +12% buff on each planet i plan on hunting.

In general i think i will just be using +8% buff from stables like i was before all the changes (+8% costs 5ped/1week so pretty cheap). And in certain "dramatical" cases swithcing to +14% (i.e. during events where even speed may matter and give me an edge).

If this chage is really a step towards making stable owners more happy then MA could have done something way better: making passive and active buff from stable stackable... i would use both knowing i am paying for more run speed (+8%, +14%, +12% would be awesome). This would increase demand for stable buffs AND would not increase costs on pets...

Falagor

i don't care the fucking costs, well not in the priority list. Whate scares me is all the hopes i could have in taming, especially riding mobs, or did i dream about a rideable allophil pic as it looked like a morrowind creature in gamebryo 2006 pe ?)
Anyway, taming is just turning into a cumpet joke , i though eu was mature. I was kinda hoping to ride an atrox who looks like a ferocious predator, not a worthless tiny fucked rounded atrox pocket bike size wich allow me not to go faster than a not in any way sci fi rated rabbit.

Back