Info: Mission Galactica

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Since its a mission located in space, i didnt post this in the mission forum for calypso but here in the space section.

This post is being updated as more info becomes avaiable.

Mission details for stages I - X have been released by mindark:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/missiongalactica

The crates are not directly required for any of the mission steps, their full purpose seems to be a method of secure transport.
All materials needed for the Mission Galactica quest can be refined into crates and all of these crates can be refined back into the original materials.
So when people complain that transport fees for crates are so high on auction, please keep in mind they are not intented to be 'shipped' over auction as they can be securely transported through space.
Each Crate has a weight of 25kg and this weight is intended to be a limiting factor for secure transports.

Start

Get icon 'Mission Galactica' from action library.
Use the icon to sent the items for the stages I to III via transmitter to a space pirate npc.
You get a coin in return for each mission step to trigger the next one.
Coins are currently not lootable but tradeable and can be exchanged to shortcut into a later stage of the mission if the player has completed the mission atleast once before.
Restoration Chip mission rewards are handed out by Dread Castamir and require an additional travel to howling mine space station after performing the hand in for the reward at the outcast pirates.

Mission Galactica: Stage I - Vibrant Sweat
Submit 5000 Vibrant Sweat using Mission Galactica Transmitter
Receive 1 Mission Galactica Coin Fragment
Submit 1 Mission Galactica Coin Fragment using Mission Galactica Transmitter
(5 pec tt in materials for this stage | 5 pec tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage II - Animal Muscle Oil
Submit 5000 Animal Muscle Oil using Mission Galactica Transmitter
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Yellow)
Submit 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Yellow) using Mission Galactica Transmitter
(150 ped tt in materials for this stage | 150.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage III - Animal Eye Oil
Submit 5000 Animal Eye Oil using Mission Galactica Transmitter
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Turquoise)
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Turquoise) to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
(250 ped tt in materials for this stage | 400.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage IV - Animal Thyroid Oil
health requirement: 100 hp
Hand 5000 Animal Thyroid Oil to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Blue)
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Blue) to Dread Castamir at Howling Mine Space Station
(500 ped tt in materials for this stage | 900.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage V - Animal Adrenal Oil
health requirement: 110 hp
Hand 5000 Animal Adrenal Oil to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Orange)
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Orange) to Dread Castamir at Howling Mine Space Station
(1,000 ped tt in materials for this stage | 1,900.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage VI - Bio ID Verification
health requirement: 120 hp
Hand 200 Bio ID Verification (16 ped tt each) to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
Receive either Mission Galactica Coin (Purple) to continue the mission
or Mission Reward Adjusted Restoration Chip which will reset the Mission Galactica
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Purple) to Dread Castamir at Howling Mine Space Station

*Bio ID Verification - These items can be found while hunting the various space-faring creatures.
Confirmed loot: Dropships and surprisingly Aurli, Atrox, Trooper, Zeladoth, Kong and many other planetside mobs on various planets even thought they are not a space-faring creature.
(3,200 ped tt in materials for this stage | 5,100.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage VII - Animal Liver Oil
health requirement: 130 hp
Hand 5000 Animal Liver Oil to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Brown)
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Brown) to Dread Castamir at Howling Mine Space Station
(5,000 ped tt in materials for this stage | 10,100.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage VIII - Rad Conveyor
health requirement: 140 hp
Hand 500 Rad Conveyor (17 ped TT each) to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Dark Green)
or Mission Reward Improved Restoration Chip
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Dark Green) to Dread Castamir at Howling Mine Space Station

*Rad Conveyor - mission text unknown
Confirmed loot: Dropships, Proteron - please submit info about other creatures dropping these
(8,500 ped tt in materials for this stage | 18,600.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage IX - Metal Residue
health requirement: 160 hp
Hand 1,000,000 metal residue to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station
Receive Mission Galactica Coin (Red)
Hand 1 Mission Galactica Coin (Red) to Dread Castamir at Howling Mine Space Station
(10,000 ped tt in materials for this stage | 28,600.05 ped tt total)

Mission Galactica: Stage X - Vacuum Flux Energy Generator
health requirement: 180 hp
Hand 1,000 Vacuum Flux Energy Generator (25 ped TT each) to any of the Outcast Pirates on any space station then talk to Dread Castamir at howling mine to receive
Mission Reward Modified Restoration Chip

*Vacuum Flux Energy Generator - mission text unknown
Confirmed loot: Dropships, Daspletor, Osseocollum - please submit info about other creatures dropping these
(25,000 ped tt in materials for this stage | 53,600.05 ped tt total)

Discussion thread about the new restoration chips

I created the entropedia pages with the highest possible decay (the max decay for the durability interval), here are the links and numbers:

Adjusted Restoration Chip: 159.09 heal/pec 'quote modified by JBK - heal per pec value adjusted to real value'

Improved Restoration Chip: 207.81 heal/pec 'quote modified by JBK - heal per pec value adjusted to real value'

Modified Restoration Chip: 254.66 heal/pec + 1% life steal 'quote modified by JBK - heal per pec value adjusted to real value'

This is the worst eco they can have, not bad.

Adjusted Restoration Chip discovery with info about effect and eco

Conclusion:
Dont start this quest if you dont plan on spending lots of time in space hunting space creatures and/or are not ready to spent 10k+peds on this mission.

Or with the wise words of Taco:
The mission is EXACTALY like saving up for a purchase...don't save up for it if you don't fucking want it.

(I plan to do the missions slowly over time, saving each oil needed one level at a time as I hunt and hopefully off-setting that with trying harder for other mu I loot. It is a GREAT way to make cool items available to all.)

Looking for input to value the 3 avaiable mission rewards.

Last edited:
I found this with google image search. I guess it explains a lot!

The meta data has this info:
With VU 2015.2, Mindark reveals its new business model and logo: a partnership with in-game pirates.

Well, i guess that's been a long time coming. At least it's out in the open now.

Here's the first thread discussing the reward items.

Last edited:
Conclusion: Dont start this quest if you dont plan on spending lots of time in space hunting space creatures and/or are not ready to spent 10k+peds on this mission.

Why not? Starting it will gain u points if you decide to hunt for random. I start all the mission I can even if I don't plan to complete every mission :)

That is my fear 5000 animal Liver oil!

I dont think there is any need to take any of this to howling mine ;)

Why not? Starting it will gain u points if you decide to hunt for random. I start all the mission I can even if I don't plan to complete every mission :)

There is no points to be gained in this mission - you have to loot items and turn them in - as long as you dont have 200 bio id verifications together there is no point for you to spent money on animal oils - however if you are dedicated and commited to get to the reward either way - you sure cna go ahead and get to stage VI like i did :)

looted some of those bio ID today, they are not auctionable btw

yes, also you need to know that these parts where looted in the days for hangar.
some people may still have stacks of these.
i looted it on atrox

did you loot them on atrox today ?
or do you mean in the past ?

did you loot them on atrox today ?
or do you mean in the past ?

He lootet them today, seems the quest description does not match the actual mobs.

In the description it says it will drop from space-faring creatures - yet the only occured drops are from atrox so far.

He lootet them today, seems the quest description does not match the actual mobs.

In the description it says it will drop from space-faring creatures - yet the only occured drops are from atrox so far.

Troxies with space suits?! :confused::confused:

:silly2:

ok thx :)

i do remember some useless robotpart ued to loot from trox..19 ped tt i think it had

ok thx :)

i do remember some useless robotpart ued to loot from trox..19 ped tt i think it had

there was the 12 ped cylindric thing (forgot the name) but it was more common in the days than bio id (both from trox)
i also looted 9 ped tt single reactor (or engine) dont recall the exact name i'm heading to bed, will post the correct name later on

I didnt check the mission yet, but I have 1 question.
If its space mobs, they need to be hunted on a quad or ship... so why the HP requirement?

And ty for the description John

I didnt check the mission yet, but I have 1 question.
If its space mobs, they need to be hunted on a quad or ship... so why the HP requirement?

And ty for the description John

I dont know mindarks intentions for it, my assumption would be that it is a limitation to keep the higher levels of the mission to more advanced hunters but also a motivation for other hunters to work on their hitpoints to be able to work towards these nice rewards.
The quest reward item is one that benefits planetside hunters - good healtools are not really needed in space (yet).
The drops from space are currently also avaiable planetside (atrox for bio id's) and it remains to be seen if this is intentional or if mindark will have pure space drops as well in the mission chain.

Pardon me but...

Is it wrong for me to think that...MA is trying to sell an "Adjusted Restoration Chip" for 510 USD (5100 PEDs) each? (Ignoring markups of course.)

:confused:

Turned in the first batch of sweat because it was gathering dust anyway. But seeing the next requirement made for a screeching halt. Abstaining from going any further until careful evaluation.

Very happy though to see traders falling over each other ramping up markups for the stuff. If this was the intended effect, to take from the greedy and give to the skillpoint grinders, then kudos to whomever had the idea at MA to hire a psychologist. Although he/she will have to come up with a new idea as quick as the knowledge spreads what this is about. Are those chips tradable? If their effect is anything short of sensational their prices will plummet and the mission with the high-flying name become a joke.

Okay, don't have to be too negative before actually finding out. I'm quite content with selling my loot until then. The funniest part of it might be watching the pirates shooting down ship after incoming ship with not a peanut to loot. If folks aren't dumber than the police allows.

If anyone finish the mission 6 then please let us know if the fap is tradeable or not.

Pardon me but...

Is it wrong for me to think that...MA is trying to sell an "Adjusted Restoration Chip" for 510 USD (5100 PEDs) each? (Ignoring markups of course.)

:confused:

See post #2; also the minority concerns in the thread about the chips linked there.

Confirmed that they are dropping in space :cool:

Was that ONE Bio ID part or a stack with multiple? What's the TT value of a Bio ID?

If its really 64 ped each we are talking about a LOT of space hunting turnover, certainly more than shooting small Cosmic Horrors will generate.

Was that ONE Bio ID part or a stack with multiple? What's the TT value of a Bio ID?

If its really 64 ped each we are talking about a LOT of space hunting turnover, certainly more than shooting small Cosmic Horrors will generate.

TT on Bio ID's is 16 ped, thats still alot for current space , as most mobs are quite low level and spawns are widespread and sparse - already asked mindark in support case to remember the mob and spawn issues in space and up them both in maturity and density.

So, you can't buy a coin and keep going as previous support cases suggested, you need to have finished the missions first after which you will be able to repeat them using the purchased coins.

Support said:
Hi Skeptic,

Thank you for your support case.

The Galactica missions are repeatable, but to repeat them you need a coin or to start over.

This means that you cannot join in on for example stage 3 because you have the coin, but once you've reached stage 3 and upwards then claimed a reward, you can then begin on stage 3 because you've got the coin you now purchased, but you need to have completed the stage before to be able to begin there with a coin.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Back