CLD Estate Plots

What we missing is some kind of indication about how many settlement will be added in the future and how long we need have to wait for the next ones.

oh...
damn...

Some information about what you can build there would be interessting and maybe needed, before the auction starts.

I have not much interesst in buying some land just to find later out that you can only build some new exciting appartments there.

MA loves to sell you something now and let you learn about it later.

Isn't 20 x 20 the same as 400, not 44,44?
Yes, 20 x 20 = 400

But it should be 30 x 30 = 900

900 / 400 = 2.25 times smaller... (in best case and 6.75 times smaller in worst case, if you will pay BO)

And 400 / 9 = 44.44 square meters instead of 100 square meters, as MA promised.

If that not just mistake or if that not only for stage one — it's pure scam IMHO. :(

Unless i lost a memo i would like to know how did MA value these plots?
For the smallest they want roughly 38k ped worth of deeds with additional deeds for improvements, so roughly 50k ped for smallest lot.
Are these those unsold ferrari in disguise?
Also once you aquire the plot will you be able to sell it?
What is the upside of owning a plot instead of just the CLD, if the revenue is the same?

Too many questions hope they bring out more info before the release date.

I'm bad at math or MA? :scratch2:
Even at min. req. it's 2.25 times smaller (6.75 times smaller at start req.) than MA originally promised (even not talking about compensation for 2 years delay).

44.44 square meters instead of 100 with min. req.
14.81 square meters instead of 100 with start req.

Did I miss something?
Or that only during "stage 1" CLD Estate Plots?

Since math here was so easy I didn't explained it in my original post, because I thought it more than clear without further details.
But since I got few replies/questions about that, I'll explain in details.
Sorry. :ahh:

So, let's try again.
Originally MA promised 100 square meters per 1 CLD and minimum lot — 9 CLD (3x3 format). In other words it's 30 meters x 30 meters = 900 square meters per 1 lot (quote below).

But in this announce MA talking about minimum lot with size 20 x 20 meters = 400 square meters.

If you will decide to wait till the end of reverse auction and will be able to buy plot at minimum price, you will pay 9 CLD for 400 square meters.

400 square meters / 9 CLD = 44.44 square meters per 1 CLD (min price)
100 / 44.44 = 2.25 times smaller than MA promised

If you will decide to buy it with starting reverse auction bid and will be able to buy plot at start price, you will pay 27 CLD for 400 square meters.

400 square meters / 27 CLD = 14.81 square meters per 1 CLD (max price)
100 / 14.81 = 6.75 times smaller than MA promised

Hope it's more clear now. :)

In total, sixty thousand (60,000) Land Lot deeds will be created, each representing a 100 square meter plot on Planet Calypso.

Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out. (Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure). This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013.

CLD Plot Types
  • Plot Type Plot Size Start Req. Min. Req. Additional Req.
  • Small 20 x 20 m 27 CLD 9 CLD
  • Small+ 40 x 20 m 54 CLD 18 CLD 1500 x Composite Plank
  • Medium 40 x 40 m 81 CLD 27 CLD 3000 x Composite Plank
  • Large 60 x 60 m 162 CLD 54 CLD 5000 x Composite Plank

MA told it would have been released 100 square meters to each CLD...

so far I have no clue it is not going to happen, maybe in total there will be 6M square meters as planned, just if big size plots have a better relation between square meters and CLD involved :)

I suggest to resist to buy these plots to BO for the moment :cool:

MA told it would have been released 100 square meters to each CLD...

so far I have no clue it is not going to happen, maybe in total there will be 6M square meters as planned, just if big size plots have a better relation between square meters and CLD involved :)

I think they realized that if the smallest land plots would be 900m[SUP]2[/SUP] a settlement with about 50 estates would be to big and would be a bit hard to have place for it in the landscape so they cut it down a bit.

So, let's try again.
Originally MA promised 100 square meters per 1 CLD and minimum lot — 9 CLD (3x3 format). In other words it's 30 meters x 30 meters = 900 square meters per 1 lot (quote below).

But in this announce MA talking about minimum lot with size 20 x 20 meters = 400 square meters.
This was the first thing I noticed about these land plots.

I think the moral of the story is don't always believe what MA say about a feature when it is first announced. They may have intended to do 60,000 10x10 plots, but maybe they picked up a calculator and worked out how much server space/how much time to re-landscape it would take to do and so scaled it all back.

I'm not necessarily convinced there will be 60,000 plots for 60,000 CLDs either. (If that has been covered elsewhere then obviously I missed it.)

Unless i lost a memo i would like to know how did MA value these plots?
For the smallest they want roughly 38k ped worth of deeds with additional deeds for improvements, so roughly 50k ped for smallest lot.

needs re-reading a couple of times.... the players will value the plots.

they're doing a dutch auction, the price for a given plot starts at 27 CLD and it reduces down every n hours to a 9 CLD reserve. those wanting to secure desirable locations will pay more CLD than those willing to wait to the end.

which will make any calculations on total size rather redundant. and 900m2 or 400m2 is irrelevent in practice, it doesnt change the relative value or the revenue accrued.

I think the moral of the story is don't always believe what MA say about a feature when it is first announced.
Sadly — yep. :(

They may have intended to do 60,000 10x10 plots, but maybe they picked up a calculator and worked out how much server space/how much time to re-landscape it would take to do and so scaled it all back.
I did same (count required area) as soon as they announced CLD in 2011. :)

And it's not really big at all. It's only 2 x 3 km (without roads), if we will place it all at one area (one server — 8 x 8 km).

And if we will check out new map... It have more than enough space to place that area IMHO (without ruining anything or adding new servers). Even not talking about water.

Just my 2 Pec's :twocents:

I also would like to see what these estates actually do.

Considering many of us already own some form of estate in the game, duplicated functionality of those estates for a higher price is unwelcome.

What can these things actually do, besides consume resources?

I'll be holding onto my deeds.

Can we have some info on the starting price of each sized plot and the rate at which the price will go down?

Cheers

Edit: Also what do they mean by the additional req? Are these required at the time the bid is placed, or do we need these later on when we want to put buildings on our plot?

Last edited:
Can we have some info on the starting price of each sized plot and the rate at which the price will go down?

Cheers

The starting bid and minimum (ie final) bid for each size is shown in the OP, although the layout is presently a little difficult to read. When I get a few minutes, I'll make it clearer by putting it in a table format instead.

The plot terminals will show how long until the next drop in price. Once the plot terminals become visible (tomorrow), we'll have a better idea of the timing of price changes.

The starting bid and minimum (ie final) bid for each size is shown in the OP, although the layout is presently a little difficult to read. When I get a few minutes, I'll make it clearer by putting it in a table format instead.

The plot terminals will show how long until the next drop in price. Once the plot terminals become visible (tomorrow), we'll have a better idea of the timing of price changes.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. It'd be nice to know the price drop rate but I guess we will know tomorrow.

Any insight on the additional req. bit or is that a tomorrow thing as well?

Even the layout of the new towns is dictated by mindark. I hoped to claim land for a house where ever i please before they announced the reverse auction. Also , i dont see a style i can choose it looks like mindark have also decided for me how my house have to look and all i have to do is open my wallet and build the pre defined house on my pre located claim. Thanks but no thanks.

Even with a new ressource to farm, my interest in owning one of the initial plots is going to zero now. Its always the first timers and pioneers that pay the biggest price just to realize later that enthusiasts are the tax cow of mindark and the people who make profits by throwing wood planks and other stuff at them for inflated prices.

I wonder how many people will pay 10k peds or more for the mod heal chips and realize in a year they cant sell them for this because hunderds of them exist.

Drop rate will most likely be 1/~1 week. (See screenshot of terminal that shows over 4 days remaining.) How much it drops at the end of the countdown is still unknown.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. It'd be nice to know the price drop rate but I guess we will know tomorrow.

Any insight on the additional req. bit or is that a tomorrow thing as well?

It was clearly stated that the additional req would not decrease as the auction progresses. It's an additional cost.

I think they realized that if the smallest land plots would be 900m[SUP]2[/SUP] a settlement with about 50 estates would be to big and would be a bit hard to have place for it in the landscape so they cut it down a bit.

True, but Nikto IS right.... MA has made a promise, and is now underdelivering hoping they'd fool everyone. I am quite happy that at least Nikto had his eyes open (more than I can say about myself).

Now, the CLD plots are quite nice as they are, but yes...this is again an example of MA not delivering what they have promised, and that is by definition a bad thing.

needs re-reading a couple of times.... the players will value the plots.

they're doing a dutch auction, the price for a given plot starts at 27 CLD and it reduces down every n hours to a 9 CLD reserve. those wanting to secure desirable locations will pay more CLD than those willing to wait to the end.

which will make any calculations on total size rather redundant. and 900m2 or 400m2 is irrelevent in practice, it doesnt change the relative value or the revenue accrued.

No. Because the additional resources needed for the larger plots is fixed, it implies that MA has valued the plots at a certain value (at least).

But what is Composite Plank? Is it in game now? I don't remeber it. :scratch2:

But what is Composite Plank? Is it in game now? I don't remeber it. :scratch2:

Its new, there are some blueprints out for it, and at what I estimate as a value of 2 PED per success, each 60x60 lot will cost at minimum an extra $1000 USD.

Great scheme, but given that we've already been stiffed on the land size, and we are still going to have to resource gather to build structures, it basically seems like we're just getting screwed if we want to build.

And for what, precisely?

I still dont know.

I already have a few estates. They basically hold a bunch of furniture that has no practical purpose in game. What's so special about these that I would want to dump more money into them?

This is more money than most land costs e.g. in Second Life. And that is a different beast where owning land actually is the basis of playing. In Entropia it's pretty much pointless except for serious businesses.

It is even more money than land costs in parts of the real world. I mean even developed land in developed parts. Cough.

Its new, there are some blueprints out for it, and at what I estimate as a value of 2 PED per success, each 60x60 lot will cost at minimum an extra $1000 USD.

Great scheme, but given that we've already been stiffed on the land size, and we are still going to have to resource gather to build structures, it basically seems like we're just getting screwed if we want to build.

And for what, precisely?

I still dont know.

I already have a few estates. They basically hold a bunch of furniture that has no practical purpose in game. What's so special about these that I would want to dump more money into them?

You tried the bp?

Since it is a component BP and the crafted item is a stackable , I expect 2 ped per click netting in anything between 1 and a shitton composite boards.

I think they forget to mention you get deed for the estate :scratch2:

Am I the only one who believe a lot of CLD holders will miss out on plots altogether? Even assuming everyone purchase the plots at max price, you are still looking at only 4401 CLDs for those 2 estates, it just feels like it would be a mad dash tomorrow and nearly everything would be sold in a few hours.

Am I the only one who believe a lot of CLD holders will miss out on plots altogether? Even assuming everyone purchase the plots at max price, you are still looking at only 4401 CLDs for those 2 estates, it just feels like it would be a mad dash tomorrow and nearly everything would be sold in a few hours.

Plots are moneysink, even if some one give it to you for free, don't take it. They are for people with too many peds to burn.

Any ideas yet on what you can use these plots for?

Otherwise, why would anyone get one?

Rgds

Ace

Back