CLD Estate Plots

i sure doo hope that farming is not free another way to make the game loose even more money free ped for everyone

No, farming wont be free. It will have a 33% success rate like crafting and I am sure different crops will have different skill levels. A new use for dung I guess :)

No, farming wont be free. It will have a 33% success rate like crafting and I am sure different crops will have different skill levels. A new use for dung I guess :)

Why are people talking about farming just because they did see something like farming on some pictures? I could be just for normal eye-candy. I have not seen anything from MA hinting on something like that. Assume it's just normal apartment buildings that you can build and anything else will be a nice bonus.

Why are people talking about farming just because they did see something like farming on some pictures? I could be just for normal eye-candy. I have not seen anything from MA hinting on something like that. Assume it's just normal apartment buildings that you can build and anything else will be a nice bonus.

Um Hello...

Refer to the picture caption

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/_internal/cimg!0/j47ya7ety8yxknam7o24d9umdh2ijg3

"Here you will find peace after a long hunt on the fields. Enjoy garden or field farming, go fishing, or simply enjoy a good chat with your neighbors. Get your home now."

and if you look at the pictures, there are farm land and ponds on the plots themselves.

Full post: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Um Hello...

Refer to the picture caption

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/_internal/cimg!0/j47ya7ety8yxknam7o24d9umdh2ijg3

"Here you will find peace after a long hunt on the fields. Enjoy garden or field farming, go fishing, or simply enjoy a good chat with your neighbors. Get your home now."

and if you look at the pictures, there are farm land and ponds on the plots themselves.

Full post: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Okey, I missed the picture text I agree, but It's still very vaguely and could just be a part of the story telling. I'm not saying it will not me part of the estates, just that you should not count on it.

Okey, I missed the picture text I agree, but It's still very vaguely and could just be a part of the story telling. I'm not saying it will not me part of the estates, just that you should not count on it.

How many pictures you has seen in your life, and at the and it was just an illusion!

How many pictures you has seen in your life, and at the and it was just an illusion!

It's EU and MA, we can't be sure about anything :laugh: I just telling people to be careful about taking it as a promise, don't that they are wrong.

Anyway, do anybody have any static about how many have been claimed already and how many are still left?

This whole set up is pretty stupid.

Why would people wait with buying the plots? They can just buy a plot for 27 deeds, sell the X deeds & buy new deeds... It's going to result in some people having an enormous amount of plots.
And I'm a player holding quite some deeds, so I'm not saying that this situation sucks, because I can't do it. I could probably buy a whole city this way if I'd want to. But it sucks balls...

No offense, but making the X deeds tradeable was stupid, as people might end up with 30 plot deeds even though they'll have possessed maybe 50 land deeds at max at some point.

I understand that MA has thought about this issue too, but probably thought 'if we make X deeds untradeable, people will be mad, because they can't recover the money invested in the deeds'.

But there actually is a simple solution, which would make it fair for everyone to have a decent chance of getting a plot, as well as making people able to recover a plot of someone else, as well as trading deeds, and yet giving MA even more chances of getting money, so they'd be happy too:

Make an X deed untradeable, but let a player be able to convert an X deed back to a normal deed. When doing so they need to choose which plot deed they want to give up. This means, if they have a plot that they got for 15CLD's for example, they can give up the plot, making 15 CLD(X) become CLD, which are tradeable again.

This would mean:
1. The game won't end up with some players having more lands than they actually were able to afford
2. People can sell their CLD's later if they want to, by giving up a property
3. This means that other people can take over a property that has been given up
4. MA can (again) get money from the resources needed to rebuild something on the plot.

I guess this solution was too hard, and MA just decided to unbalance their game completely...
Oh well :)

Make an X deed untradeable, but let a player be able to convert an X deed back to a normal deed. When doing so they need to choose which plot deed they want to give up. This means, if they have a plot that they got for 15CLD's for example, they can give up the plot, making 15 CLD(X) become CLD, which are tradeable again.

Yes I hear you here and this is how I was guessing it was going to be set up from the beginning. Where a Dead would be tied to a land area and that if you got 9 land areas in a group then you would be able to build a house. Why I was a bit confused at the git go about this auction. In doing this the land area would then be linked to the deed and in order to sale the deed you would as well need to give up the land area. I myself as many others would have loved to go out in hunt for a 1x1 area and put the deed there and call it home. Yes I wouldn't have been able to build anything but that area was mine! :)

My guess again was this was what MA had in mind but found it was to big of a project to take on and they are right since it wouldn't be possible in any easy way.

An other issue MA has done here is that we really do not know what the true value of a land area is other than what the cost will be to build the house/store on the land area. Many will 'scam' people into thinking that they have it set so high is due to the cost of the deeds when of course this wouldn't be true since as you put, they just bought the deeds to claim the land then sold the deeds back to the market.

An other issue is what is the value of a deed now since we have two versions. Yes a lot forgot what the Deeds where used for and just bought them for the weekly revenue but was this all?

At the end will be very interesting to see where this goes.

BTW anyone want to rent me some deeds for a few so I can buy me a plot of land?

Yes a lot forgot what the Deeds where used for and just bought them for the weekly revenue but was this all?

At the end will be very interesting to see where this goes.

funny thing is i asked support two times about the voting/citizen thing (allegedly) connected to the CLDs but got nondescript answers. hmm :scratch2:

funny thing is i asked support two times about the voting/citizen thing (allegedly) connected to the CLDs but got nondescript answers. hmm :scratch2:

This still wouldn't be all that hard to implement really and would be still as MA planned:

Each house or shop built would have their very own voting booth for the owner.:eyecrazy:

This still wouldn't be all that hard to implement really and would be still as MA planned:

Each house or shop built would have their very own voting booth for the owner.:eyecrazy:

not what i´m talking about.
as i recall correctly it was stated that each CLD would grant you a vote for ... whatever... :dunce:

yak...nevermind...no need to make customers have anything to vote for

not what i´m talking about.
as i recall correctly it was stated that each CLD would grant you a vote for ... whatever... :dunce:

yak...nevermind...no need to make customers have anything to vote for

Yes I know..joking here..you know MA will do it :)

But also need to post a warning..people are already scamming others selling the old CLDXs at the same value to buy new CLDs claiming that they are selling cheaper: 30ped less. I hope MA will fix this soon...I can see a lot of scams going on now. I even got this one guy PMing me now trying to tell me how the value of the new CLDs should be the same value as the old CLDs.

The last PM was great when I asked if they are worth the same why is he trying to sale them so fast. His reply: I need to buy a bigger land area.:yay:

So basically what you are saying is that you want to destroy the ability to sell individual CLD, and require that people who get large lots actually have to sell the entire CLD amount for their large lot when they liquidate, thus driving down the price of the large lot significantly in future trades.

Your idea is extremely poorly thought out, and basically benefits everybody but the original land buyer.

CLD should not be tied to land, because the entire purpose of the CLD was not land. That was only 1 of 3 purposes.

Value of CLD = Voting, Revenue, and Land.

As soon as all land is claimed, value of CLD = Voting and Revenue, as land has its own deed.

This also means that the inflated value of CLD as opposed to CLD(X) is only temporary, and only an idiot would be buying them up now. Let the land lots be claimed, wait for the price on those to fall, buy the claimed land lot deed, and buy CLD (X) which misguided folks are undervaluing.

It's a scam if you are trying to convince someone that a CLDx is the same as a CLD. Some dude was selling his CLDS in trade for CLDx plus ped as he has no interest in land plots, just the CLD ROI.
when I logged in yesterday CLDx were trading close to the price of CLD. This is either deliberate or people not checking what they are buying.
I am happy to sell my CLDX at a price that reflects what the market believes the value to be.
I think I saw someone selling CLDx for 1500 each.

So basically what you are saying is that you want to destroy the ability to sell individual CLD, and require that people who get large lots actually have to sell the entire CLD amount for their large lot when they liquidate, thus driving down the price of the large lot significantly in future trades.

Your idea is extremely poorly thought out, and basically benefits everybody but the original land buyer.

CLD should not be tied to land, because the entire purpose of the CLD was not land. That was only 1 of 3 purposes.

As soon as all land is claimed, value of CLD = Voting and Revenue, as land has its own deed.

This also means that the inflated value of CLD as opposed to CLD(X) is only temporary, and only an idiot would be buying them up now. Let the land lots be claimed, wait for the price on those to fall, buy the claimed land lot deed, and buy CLD (X) which misguided folks are undervaluing.

No, you've misunderstood it completely...
What you are saying is that all the CLD(X) would stick together as 1 plot.

That's just the thing that I had a workaround for, but if you don't read my post, you don't understand...

Say, you bought a plot for 27 deeds:
What were the problems that MA probably thought about?
- If you connect the deed to the CLD(X)'s, then you could only sell a plot combined with all the CLD(X)'s, making it impossible to sell individual CLD's, just like you said.
- If you make it untradeable, people will have their CLD's stuck

So they decided to make no connection between the 2, but this is going to be abused big time, and will only result in scams.

My idea was:

You have 1 plot of 27 CLD's, they become 27CLD(X)'s, which are not tradeable.
However, if you want to sell a CLD, you can give up your plot deed, therefor the 27 CLD(X)'s will becomed 27 CLD's, who are tradable. You are able to sell them individual again.

If people whine about losing their house when they want to sell 1 CLD... I'm sorry, but that's logical... In real life it works like this too, you can't buy a ground, put a house on it, sell the ground & expect the house to still be yours & the new owner of the ground unable to use his ground...

The way that MA made it right now honestly sucks, and I'm seriously thinking of taking all my money out of the game because of this stupid decision. I wonder how they'll like to lose such a big amount of money. No offense, but I'd rather invest the money in real life estates than this bullshit then.

Last edited:

At least : Don't forget, that all CLDs have a tt value of 00 Ped!

The way that MA made it right now honestly sucks, and I'm seriously thinking of taking all my money out of the game because of this stupid decision. I wonder how they'll like to lose such a big amount of money. No offense, but I'd rather invest the money in real life estates than this bullshit then.

I don't understand the problem? If people are prepared to pay money being able to claim land plots, why should they not be able to do that?

This whole set up is pretty stupid.

Why would people wait with buying the plots? They can just buy a plot for 27 deeds, sell the X deeds & buy new deeds... It's going to result in some people having an enormous amount of plots.
And I'm a player holding quite some deeds, so I'm not saying that this situation sucks, because I can't do it. I could probably buy a whole city this way if I'd want to. But it sucks balls...

No offense, but making the X deeds tradeable was stupid, as people might end up with 30 plot deeds even though they'll have possessed maybe 50 land deeds at max at some point.

I understand that MA has thought about this issue too, but probably thought 'if we make X deeds untradeable, people will be mad, because they can't recover the money invested in the deeds'.

But there actually is a simple solution, which would make it fair for everyone to have a decent chance of getting a plot, as well as making people able to recover a plot of someone else, as well as trading deeds, and yet giving MA even more chances of getting money, so they'd be happy too:

This would mean:
1. The game won't end up with some players having more lands than they actually were able to afford
2. People can sell their CLD's later if they want to, by giving up a property
3. This means that other people can take over a property that has been given up
4. MA can (again) get money from the resources needed to rebuild something on the plot.

I guess this solution was too hard, and MA just decided to unbalance their game completely...
Oh well :)

Are people actually buying CLDx? WHy, when they can just buy CDLs?

I don't understand the problem? If people are prepared to pay money being able to claim land plots, why should they not be able to do that?

that's the whole point... If they'd be prepared to pay for them, I have nothing against it.
But with the way it's set up now, you can get 30 houses for the price of 1, because you resell them & buy new ones, yet you keep the house...

As said before, it's like you would buy ground in real life, put a house on it, sell the ground, and expect to be able to keep the house & let the new ground-holder be able to do nothing with his ground...

No I'm sorry, but I'm against this shitty decision of MA.
I was planning on adding 5.000 euro to my account every month for the next few years, but I know for sure now that I won't do this, and probably will even take my money back out that's already in it, because MA is simply not worth it.

Sorry, but if I'd do this kind of shit with my customers, my companies would have been bankrupt ages ago already.
This is blatant fraude. And no, I won't be participating in this kind of shit.

that's the whole point... If they'd be prepared to pay for them, I have nothing against it.
But with the way it's set up now, you can get 30 houses for the price of 1, because you resell them & buy new ones, yet you keep the house...

Well, the CLDX will of cource be cheaper than the CLDs, at least when they have gotten a more correct valuation. Whet price different will be is not clear and will go up and down, but least guess it will be around 100 ped difference. So if someone sells his 10 CLDx and buys 10 CLD it will still cost him 1000 ped. So it will not be for free.

Well, the CLDX will of cource be cheaper than the CLDs, at least when they have gotten a more correct valuation. Whet price different will be is not clear and will go up and down, but least guess it will be around 100 ped difference. So if someone sells his 10 CLDx and buys 10 CLD it will still cost him 1000 ped. So it will not be for free.

It's still not correct. It's called a Land Deed for a reason.
If they would change the name or change functionality, then they are not following their own promise.
As mentioned before, it's like buying ground, building a house & selling your ground and expecting to still keep everything.
I'm sorry, but it's blatant fraude. And I'm refusing to use any of my CLD's, as I do not want to participate in illegal activities.
There's gonna be thousands of unused CLD's because of unhappy customers, I can tell you that.

But hey, MA doesn't give a damn f*ck anyway.
Just wondering how much of a damn they'll give when they're gonna have to pay out a few hundred thousands of euro's when we decide to actually take it all out. Which I'm extremely close to doing right now.

If they would change the name or change functionality, then they are not following their own promise.
As mentioned before, it's like buying ground, building a house & selling your ground and expecting to still keep everything.
I'm sorry, but it's blatant fraude. And I'm refusing to use any of my CLD's, as I do not want to participate in illegal activities.
There's gonna be thousands of unused CLD's because of unhappy customers, I can tell you that.

Just wondering how much of a damn they'll give when they're gonna have to pay out a few hundred thousands of euro's when we decide to actually take it all out. Which I'm extremely close to doing right now.

If you sell the CLDX you are not selling the land, because the land is in the estate deed you got. So saying that you have sold the land and still are keeping the building is wrong.

I don't understand you... Why on earth are you upset ?

I don't understand you... Why on earth are you upset ?

I also don't understand Rampsy here.
The cld(X) are trading at a bit less than cld original. Personally I expected the difference to be more, but if someone grabs the rights to a plot and then sells the cld(X)s in order to buy fresh clds to repeat and grab another plot, then that is fine by me. It's not immoral or unethical - nor is it cheating anyone - as long as people buying cld(X) are aware of the difference in not having plot rights and say they don't care...
Admittedly, selling on AH you can't explain the difference, but people should be able to find out why the (X)s are the cheapest ones listed if they are bothered to find out. They will get payouts... maybe that is all they care about.

I get really annoyed about some of the things MA do, but this is not directly one of them.
I am annoyed that we cannot make a business decision about future plot uses - or even what we can do with the plots - but that is a different matter......

:wave::wave::wave:

Perhaps things would have been clearer had CLD(X) been named, for instance, "Assigned Calypso Land Deed"?

i can understand Rampsy confusion here, quite why MA have decided that the "spent" CLD are not tied to a estate deed is odd. but i cant understand the anger. its of no detriment to the players, either those with CLD or CLD(X).

its overlooking that the CLD are not just a "land deed". they are in effect a hybrid bond/share certificate, offering a right to dividends and some in game voting right in the future. i think MA want to seperate those rights from the estates. should have changed their name from CLD to something else to make this clear.

You are missing the point of what a land area was to be and what it is now. Even in my last post where I had this guy wanting to sale his CLDx so he could buy more CLD to get more land areas. He like many are just buying, selling, and maybe even scamming people right now trying to get as many land areas as they can with as little as needed -- and yes THEY WILL BE MAKING A BIG KILLING ON RETURN!!!

He claims he wasn't scamming just trying to get more land while telling me that the CLD and CLDx more or less should hold the same value with the CLDx maybe loosing a bit of value and that being like only 30ped?!?

I know many will be whining about this but the CLD should be locked to that land area it was used for. The CLD was setup to be used for voting rights and a place marker for land on Calypso that you could call your own. What is a CLD now? Think of it..more or less 10 plus areas bought with only 1 area of deads?!

At the end I think MA was rushed to get this project wrapped up and wasn't really thinking fully when doing this. I'm guessing they were working hard to try and get the first system up and running but to do so would have taken way to much work and have way to many problems..so they give up going with the original system.

What's kind of funny is that this new system MA has setup will work on all planets. I guess the difference will be that on other planets you will not have voting rights (and weekly revenue) as the CLDx now has.

You are missing the point of what a land area was to be and what it is now. Even in my last post where I had this guy wanting to sale his CLDx so he could buy more CLD to get more land areas. He like many are just buying, selling, and maybe even scamming people right now trying to get as many land areas as they can with as little as needed -- and yes THEY WILL BE MAKING A BIG KILLING ON RETURN!!!

He claims he wasn't scamming just trying to get more land while telling me that the CLD and CLDx more or less should hold the same value with the CLDx maybe loosing a bit of value and that being like only 30ped?!?

I know many will be whining about this but the CLD should be locked to that land area it was used for. The CLD was setup to be used for voting rights and a place marker for land on Calypso that you could call your own. What is a CLD now? Think of it..more or less 10 plus areas bought with only 1 area of deads?!

At the end I think MA was rushed to get this project wrapped up and wasn't really thinking fully when doing this. I'm guessing they were working hard to try and get the first system up and running but to do so would have taken way to much work and have way to many problems..so they give up going with the original system.

What's kind of funny is that this new system MA has setup will work on all planets. I guess the difference will be that on other planets you will not have voting rights (and weekly revenue) as the CLDx now has.

Seriously... I think it's you that are not thinking fully... they made 60 000 CLD that can be used to claim land and they have not changed anything. We still have 60 000 CLDs that can be used to claim land? This discussion is so strange....:silly2:

Of coerce people trying to fool/scam players to believe they are selling CLD instead of CLDx is wrong, but that is a totally different issue.

Back