CLD Estate Plots

well does that mean there are none left? It's not that I mind people buying them out at a high price. I'm willing to buy one just off auctioneer if I decide I rly want one (wich i'm not sure about yet). It's just they could have organised this better to prevent this. maybe make the time longer? cause there are to much people who have 25+ cld's and to few plots. I don't know how it went cause I was away for more then a week but from what you are saying they seem to all have been sold out in just a day? or a few days?

In general I understand your frustration, this is the biggest issue with Entropia: if you miss an important week, you lose a good oportunity. I missed the mall sales (but luckily was there to grab shops at the beginning), I missed the sales of the stables.

But that's how Entropia is and hopefully always will be. It's hard, when you are not there, but the hardcore fans, who are online really all the time, they get something, that others don't get.

About plot "prices": the 20x20 plots were not gone in a day. Basically I was one of the first ones and used 25 CLDs, only very few were taken at this date. So people just waited for a drop... these ppl took a risk, and I wasn't willing to take that risk.

Still it's a risk as we don't know what we can do with the plot and what it will cost us :D.

Small update:

1x Limas Heights 20x20 was sold in auction for 5k (or maybe even more, I did not see the ending)
2x Ithaca Commons 20x20 in auction, starting at 5k and 8.5k. Interesting to see how they go.

In general I understand your frustration, this is the biggest issue with Entropia: if you miss an important week, you lose a good oportunity. I missed the mall sales (but luckily was there to grab shops at the beginning), I missed the sales of the stables.

No offense, but its only the first batch of landplots introduced, there will be more.

Think MA will wait with next batch untill all S+/M/L plots of actual batch introduced are claimed.
Could also be sooner.

Another important thing in EU is patience otherwise you very often will pay much more than needed (overpriced), but at least you are one of the first owning it.

There surely is some one time oportunity you will lose on if not going straight for it (FOMA, Treasure Island, Malls, Banks).
Missed out on that, well who knows if such oportunity will be available anytime again???

Landplots is not such an one time opportunity. CLDs have been advertised that you will be able to claim a landplot for 9 CLDs, and MA has to introduce enough of it, to satisfy all those investors, who trusted in their advertisment.
Selling something and then not delivering it, is a crime! At least in my country, don´t know about Sweden.

The reverse bid system is a nice clue, that way MA has to introduce less landplots total, as unpatient people like you and others, used more CLDs to claim than needed (just to be first, or have a very nice place). Nothing wrong with that, if I will see an outstanding nice location, I consider using more CLDs than minimal needed to claim that, too.
The actual plots at Livas/Ithaka are not that outstanding nice places, which I would value higher than 9 CLDs for small plot.
I prefer to wait for next batch of landplots and hope there will be some cooler places be available :)

EU players never cease to amaze me.

We have been made a promiss of a certain amount of land per deed, and in the final implementation, we get a lot less (and yes, I am one who forgot about the sizes). We also were promised: 1 deed = 1 standard size. But we got a Dutch auction instead, with the larger plots not only requiring deeds (as was expected based on promises), but also other resources.

So what do you get...? Some people who have large amounts of CLDs buy several small plots, the big plots lie vacant. Those who bought CLD for personal use, just wanting a small plot, have lost out of the opportunity to have some fun, unless they feel like financing the profits of a few.

I can only hope the next settlements will be brought forward soon, AND that there will be enough for all CLD owners to stake their claim. But as things are now, my excitement over the plots has been replaced by dissappointment.

And sadly, this is yet another decay of my confidence and faith in words spoken by MA/FPC/devs.... the guys might want to read into the effect that underdelivery has on consumer confidence, and the effect consumer confidence has on future revenues...

EU players never cease to amaze me.

We have been made a promiss of a certain amount of land per deed, and in the final implementation, we get a lot less (and yes, I am one who forgot about the sizes). We also were promised: 1 deed = 1 standard size. But we got a Dutch auction instead, with the larger plots not only requiring deeds (as was expected based on promises), but also other resources.

So true as MA stated we would get 1 land area for 1 CLD but well we have seen where that has gone. Also I do not like how they cut the CLDs values by not linking them to the land areas but giving us back used CLDs that of course will be worth a lot less in time.

But to be fair the other resources makes since really. A lot thought we would get 'free homes' with a 3x3 land area. But I voiced early on that I was guessing that we would need to buy the house or materials needed for the house..

We are yet to see how much the houses cost on top. I am sure the different styles of house will command different prices.
I think it is odd that CLDx are trading more than CLD. What we don't know yet is if the land deed or the CLD/CLDx which gives voting rights etc.
Many CLDs out there, I bet waiting for the next release when the plots are cheaper.

What we don't know yet is if the land deed or the CLD/CLDx which gives voting

When most CLD are converted to X no reason to believe X wont give voting rights. Or if they don't voting right must be conected to the plot deeds, but I doubt that.

Also. Not all land will be claimed now. If all the small 20x20 and 20x40 plots have been claimed at Livias and Ithica for more than needed then in most cases where 3 times the amount has been paid means that is CLD lost to claim with. If anything it will mean there will be demand for the limited plots available when developed.

So true as MA stated we would get 1 land area for 1 CLD but well we have seen where that has gone. Also I do not like how they cut the CLDs values by not linking them to the land areas but giving us back used CLDs that of course will be worth a lot less in time.

But to be fair the other resources makes since really. A lot thought we would get 'free homes' with a 3x3 land area. But I voiced early on that I was guessing that we would need to buy the house or materials needed for the house..

MA never said you will get 1 land area for 1 CLD. It has always been stated that you will need a minimum of at least 9 CLDs to claim a plot. The only thing that was not shared was how this system would work - although I am disappointed how it ended up (reverse auction) I always knew I had to have at least a minimum of 9 CLDs to ever claim anything other then weekly revenue.

In original announcement there was already mentioned that you need 9 Deeds to be able to build on the land you claim.

What MA has adjusted here, is that smallest plot can be claimed at minimum 9 CLDs, what meets exactly what they announced (9 CLDs needed to get enough to build on it)
Actually I am happy that MA did it this way, it would be real chaos if people could claim 1/9th of a plot, and lock it from beeing usable, as not enough Deeds available for that player to get the other 8 parts of the small plot :D

A lot less get thos players claiming at more than minimum.
It is up to everybody just to wait this 2 weeks untill CLD requirement is down to minimum.
Unpatient people paid more, good for MA! No problem with that!

The larger than S plots need additional material, I am really fine with that.
You don´t need to claim S+/M/L if you don´t like the additional costs.

If you refuse paying 1500 planks for a S+ you can claim 2 normal S plots instead without the need of planks.
So thats fine for me, too.

If you refuse paying 1500 planks for a S+ you can claim 2 normal S plots instead without the need of planks.
So thats fine for me, too.

Well, no.. you are missing the point here. Because the larger plots have been made so much more expensive, people who WANTED to buy one large plot, now buy a small plot. This leaves the large plots vacant and undeveloped. On the other hand, those who would have settled for a small plot, are pushed out of the market, so they won't HAVE a plot.

Result: only a portion of the potential development will happen.

This leaves the large plots vacant and undeveloped. On the other hand, those who would have settled for a small plot, are pushed out of the market, so they won't HAVE a plot.

Result: only a portion of the potential development will happen.

Surely he larger plots will go to someone, too.
Actually I am collecting resources to craft enough planks to claim a larger plot, got the CLDs already.
I am only one, there is surely more willing to take that extra cost for larger plots.

If I don´t get enough planks to claim this time, I can wait for next batch of landplots introduced, no problem for me.

I see this thing positiv atm.
How it will develop we will see.

Another thing is the promised voting rights, lets see how many years MA needs to get that one working :D

For all the morrons that can not add up 1+1:
If every currently available plot is claimed at max price 4401 deeds are used.

So there are still 55599 unused deeds.

So to answer the question: Will there be more plots?

Of course not, MA want to have 55599 unused deeds :yay:

I think they're planning on more plots I guess it will depend on how well this goes.

Do I need planks too for claiming plots in Inventory in addition to CLD's ? And do they get refunded if someone bid lower for plot in reverse bid?

It's not an auction:

You go to the plot, you click on "buy" and your CLD are converted to CLD(X) instantly.

The latest Version Update brings the first stage of the long-awaited CLD Estates system. Calypso Land Deed (CLD) holders will have the opportunity to use their CLDs to bid on CLD Estate plots located in two beautiful new residential locations. New settlements with additional CLD Estate plots will be added in upcoming Version Updates.

Development of structures on CLD Estates will be implemented in Autumn 2015, with larger plots planned to accommodate more advanced structures with potential commercial functions such as shopping and more.

Plots are available in four standard sizes and will offer different development opportunities depending on size.

I bolded and underlined the part about future upcoming plots!

im really hoping that they factored in plots for all CLDs..

like what if I loose out and don't get any plots but I have 50 cld ? that would suck

oh the fear.. but also dont wanna just throw my clds into 1 crappy plot

like what if I loose out and don't get any plots but I have 50 cld ? that would suck

oh the fear.. but also dont wanna just throw my clds into 1 crappy plot

I don't understand how you would "loose out": you take the CLDs and planks, claim the plot, and instantly are the owner. There is no auction.

The fear: exactly this is MAs idea everytime they introduce something new: high risk players (some times not meaning high investors) have high chances for a cool thing or for a total loss. If someone doesn't like risk, he/she will always need to wait and might pay high to buy later or maybe saved a ton of PEDs.

Just in case you did not see my previous post
For all the morrons that can not add up 1+1:
If every currently available plot is claimed at max price 4401 deeds are used.

So there are still 55599 unused deeds.

So to answer the question: Will there be more plots?

Of course not, MA want to have 55599 unused deeds :yay:

and don't forget the one owner of 20.000 CLD´s which probably is not going to clam anything, so there is only approximately 37.000 CLD deeds left to clam.

Back