CLD Estate Plots

We already have inactive shops. Do we need more?

I just get one problem. I remember, if we got the deeds, that they told us, that it needs 9 deeds for one plot. but now the most small plot will be 27 deeds. like allways, MA don't tell us the whole truth, if they implement new stuff like the deeds.

But ok, happy i sold all my deeds, and don't be interested in the plot trap.

I just get one problem. I remember, if we got the deeds, that they told us, that it needs 9 deeds for one plot. but now the most small plot will be 27 deeds. like allways, MA don't tell us the whole truth, if they implement new stuff like the deeds.

But ok, happy i sold all my deeds, and don't be interested in the plot trap.

From the CLD FAQ (http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2011/11/16/Calypso-Land-Lot-Deeds.xml):
Q. How will building houses or other structures on Land Lots function?
A. In order to to build a structure on claimed land, participants will need to hold a minimum of nine (9) Land Lot Deeds, and claim plots in a 3x3 (or larger) format, suitable for the construction of a structure.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/
The 'small' plots all have a minimum bid of 9 CLDs.

Exactly what was stated back in 2011.

From the CLD FAQ (http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2011/11/16/Calypso-Land-Lot-Deeds.xml):

http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/
The 'small' plots all have a minimum bid of 9 CLDs.

Exactly what was stated back in 2011.

They will be releasing enough plots for 60000 deeds. Now if players spend more than the 9, 18 etc deeds then those deeds are lost to claiming land. This is win win for MA.

If you spend 27 CLDs on a 9 CLD plot you have thrown away 18 CLDs worth of land. That's two lots of the small 3x3 plots that will never be claimed and so will never be used. By having these excessive BOs, MA has essentially over inflated the CLD, it will reach 2000Ped very soon as the supplies of land active CLDs become rarer and MA still releases the remaining land areas. So far they have released only 2 areas, it will work out great if everyone spends all their CLDs on plots that are not worth so much.

It means when more releases come out we will see less competition because players have spent all their CLDs when they didn't need to. Essentially people, just wait and hold your CLDs. MA will release more areas, and the costs will drop and instead of buying one area at 27CLD, you can have 3 at 9CLD!!!

They will be releasing enough plots for 60000 deeds. Now if players spend more than the 9, 18 etc deeds then those deeds are lost to claiming land. This is win win for MA.

If you spend 27 CLDs on a 9 CLD plot you have thrown away 18 CLDs worth of land. That's two lots of the small 3x3 plots that will never be claimed and so will never be used....

I don't think it's correct to say there there will be two lots that will never be claimed.
Nor do I think it's a coincidence that only a small proportion of the total plots have been released so far.
MindArk will be quite aware of the number of unused CLDs, and there's a long history of 'early adopters' paying over the odds for new things. Just think back to the prices that the first vehicles went for (or quads, for that matter), compared to the current value.

It would be more accurate imho, to say that in the above example that it would be two small lots that will never be developed.
Standard economic theory would suggest that by reducing the maximum supply of plots in this way will increase their longterm value. (ie fixed amount of resource vs increased demand over time leading to higher breakpoint)

Well I bought a 9 cld one for 27 deeds. It does have a very nice view over the river which only a few have. I am happy. And I will hold on to my other deeds for more plots.

Essentially people, just wait and hold your CLDs. MA will release more areas, and the costs will drop and instead of buying one area at 27CLD, you can have 3 at 9CLD!!!

The plots that will come out later will have shop features and other features and will be bigger. the biggest one we have now costs 5k tt materials, on auction for 200 percent, meaning 10k ped + required clds.
Meaning the ones with shopping features will be more expensive in terms of composite planks. If the smallest costs 7500 tt of planks.. then that means 15k ped with current markup + required clds. 2 omegaton west shops 2 deer mall shops or even a small mall shop can be bought with that amount of ped ( without even counting the required clds).

The plots that will come out later will have shop features and other features and will be bigger. the biggest one we have now costs 5k tt materials, on auction for 200 percent, meaning 10k ped + required clds.
Meaning the ones with shopping features will be more expensive in terms of composite planks. If the smallest costs 7500 tt of planks.. then that means 15k ped with current markup + required clds. 2 omegaton west shops 2 deer mall shops or even a small mall shop can be bought with that amount of ped ( without even counting the required clds).

Any indications that there will be bigger plots than 60x60 large?

Development of structures on CLD Estates will be implemented in Autumn 2015, with larger plots planned to accommodate more advanced structures with potential commercial functions such as shopping and more.

This is the only information we have atm.

Development of structures on CLD Estates will be implemented in Autumn 2015, with larger plots planned to accommodate more advanced structures with potential commercial functions such as shopping and more.

but

larger plots (60x60) are planed to accommodate more advanced structures

or

larger plots (bigget than 60x60) are planed :scratch2:

Could a kind person clear up what is actually happening with the estates and CLDs?

It seems to me that if you bid 27 CLDs on an estate you lose the ability to use those CLDs to bid on another estate, but you get to keep the CLDs and their revenue, and you have a plot for development that you can presumably sell at some point.

Is this correct?

Could a kind person clear up what is actually happening with the estates and CLDs?

It seems to me that if you bid 27 CLDs on an estate you lose the ability to use those CLDs to bid on another estate, but you get to keep the CLDs and their revenue, and you have a plot for development that you can presumably sell at some point.

Is this correct?

Almost.

You don't have to presume the ability to sell the plot, it has been confirmed by mindark.

Other than that, yes. You keep the same revenue but the deeds used for the purchase can't be used for new plot purchases. Your CLD turns into Cld(X) with its own market history.

Is this correct?

correct .......

Is this correct?

Correct. the 27 CLDs (assuming you buy at that price) will be converted into 27 CLD (x) which will continue to earn revenue and cannot be used again to buy another plot. You can sell each the CLD (x) and the plot separately. They become independent of each other once you buy the plot.

but

larger plots (60x60) are planed to accommodate more advanced structures

or

larger plots (bigget than 60x60) are planed :scratch2:

I read that as the current large ones. Anything else would in my opinion be a bit out of context. English is however not my first language.

If you have 27 CLD that you are ok with using like that - then more power to you - do what makes you happy.
But, I really think it is a bad business decision and an overall bad move to bid 27 for something that is stated is "worth" 9. My earlier post I was referring to the smallest ones that appear not for sale - those "feel" worthless. Only shops available in the largest plots? Dear lord that's expensive. Also - there are no TPs in these estates... they might come later... they might not. And we have no idea where they might be - so the best locations are really subjective - there is no great location - as you are most likely flying or TPing in.

Reading this tread - it really sounds like people "think" they get the plan and what is going on. Truth is to me, that MA hasn't been clear enough about this - and just put it out there like "here - eat this" Bidding 27 CLD on something you really have no clue what it does is... well there is a lot of words you could use to describe it - and you can choose your own. Think of hangars..... how much did people pay for those??? How much use are they? And how big are they??/ They are huge--- and basically worthless.

Buyers beware.
Wait until more come out - get your small for 9, and so on.

I also thought there might be bigger ones coming when I read info that MA provided.
Here is part of my post from few days ago:

Plots are available in four standard sizes and will offer different development opportunities depending on size.

Does this mean that there will be non-standard larger plots or those 4 sizes (S, S+, M and L) will be only sizes available in this system?

I read that as the current large ones. Anything else would in my opinion be a bit out of context. English is however not my first language.

English is not my first language as well, and probably same for half of people ingame.
More importantly it is not first language of MA and we saw some poor expressions in past...

I believe standart means there are no 12X13 ot 25X57 plots just those 4 starndart sizes

I also thought there might be bigger ones coming when I read info that MA provided.
Here is part of my post from few days ago:

English is not my first language as well, and probably same for half of people ingame.
More importantly it is not first language of MA and we saw some poor expressions in past...

I believe standart means there are no 12X13 ot 25X57 plots just those 4 starndart sizes

I'm guessing it would be quite important for people investing in the big ones to know, hopefully we get some clarification on the matter.

For me it's just curiosity though.

Reading this tread - it really sounds like people "think" they get the plan and what is going on. Truth is to me, that MA hasn't been clear enough about this - and just put it out there like "here - eat this" Bidding 27 CLD on something you really have no clue what it does is... well there is a lot of words you could use to describe it - and you can choose your own. Think of hangars..... how much did people pay for those??? How much use are they? And how big are they??/ They are huge--- and basically worthless.

Buyers beware.

yes... its a bit odd to be having the reverse-auction style and there be no consequences for paying 27 over 9 CLD. the early bidders get position preference, but then how do they know that plots in the next round wont be nicer, better suited? it does mean in theory there should end up a surplus of plots available, which serves no one much purpose. on the other hand, it does provide a mechanism for a market of some sort in those first plots. but that seems a bit weak, theres no financial cost and everything in Entropia costs... :confused:

If you spend 27 CLDs on a 9 CLD plot you have thrown away 18 CLDs worth of land. That's two lots of the small 3x3 plots that will never be claimed and so will never be used. By having these excessive BOs, MA has essentially over inflated the CLD, it will reach 2000Ped very soon as the supplies of land active CLDs become rarer and MA still releases the remaining land areas. So far they have released only 2 areas, it will work out great if everyone spends all their CLDs on plots that are not worth so much.

Why will it be a "win" for MA that people buy them for 27CLD instead of 9CLD? MA don't get anything from it. In my opinion they loose on it. For them it would be better if all the small ones was sold as cheap as possible and people had CLD left to buy the bigger estates with, that also need resources. More estates also means more buildings/structures that need resources to be built. So, I can't see how MA will win anything on this.

And also, if you need more CLDs to claim an estated, would not the price on the CLD go down? Let's say you the revenue part of the CLD is worth 1500 PED. Also say that people are prepared to pay 2 000 PED for the small estate. If you on avarage need 20CLD to claim one, the would mean 2000/20CLD=100ped /CLD. The CLD would be worth around 1500+100PED. If the average needed CLDs is 10, it would be 1500+200=1700PED.

Well I bought a 9 cld one for 27 deeds. It does have a very nice view over the river which only a few have. I am happy. And I will hold on to my other deeds for more plots.

Dammit, i wanted that one

Buyers beware.

But if they have no intention of selling the CLD's and only want the income and what's essentially a free plot they could have bid 2000 CLD it won't make any difference to them especially if you can sell the plot afterwards separately.

I believe that plot offered will be between max bid and 60k, but not 60k. They will do this to encourage people to dump cld at high cost. It is in their best interest to do this as it will raise cld costs and spur deposits/liquidation of assets.They will offer more plots as they can to accomplish this goal.I also believe farming will occur, and the deeds will be instrumental in developing minopolis and other under utilized areas. They will.however release large plots near PA once farming is confirmed, to encourage again, CLD dumping. Those plots will be worth alot once the potential of farming is realized. Advanced pets will require farmed food as will advanced buffs. Each plot probably will have specialties limited. Thus driving higher demand for more plots.

i sure doo hope that farming is not free another way to make the game loose even more money free ped for everyone

This is fun. All the plots are slowly dropping in price 1 CLD per day, players are planning their moves, trying to be patient, wondering when the other player will lose his cool and bid. On the first day, a couple were bought for the start bid. Now the big question is when will players bid on the small plots, say at 23 or 22 or 17 CLD?? Will the bidding bluff continue to they reach 11 CLD?

Back