Tutorial: Woodcutting / Resource Gathering

Just one question, it is just one type of tree or any tree. To me looks as though it is just one type of tree by you video.

Thanks for the tutorial Tommy!

I found 3 boards on a different looking tree. Called "Small Tree [lvl.1]"

Another one that looked similar was called Large Tree [lvl.2] which had 34 boards and 520 wood shavings.

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot the say thanks also and it was good vid.
BTW Mega the tree says "Small Tree [lvl.1]" was it like on a status bar or what I didn't see anything in the vid ?

Sorry, I forgot the say thanks also and it was good vid.
BTW Mega the tree says "Small Tree [lvl.1]" was it like on a status bar or what I didn't see anything in the vid ?

mega_finds_wood2_.jpg

If you click on the glow it shows the name as in the picture. :)

Any coords of where to best find trees?

I found mine east of Eyreus (spelling), close to he argonaut spawn around 1 cm from the porter on the map while zoomed out max. But they can be anywhere with trees, really.

I didn't find any around "alien trees", only around trees looking like IRL trees. Could have been unlucky though.

I have seen the oak looking ones like in my video (both small and large) and I've also seen thin ones like on the picture above. Not sure if any more exists, but if it doesn't, it surely will, as they increase in tier and level as well.

Thanks to both Tommy and Mega for sharing.

Found out a couple of things while harvesting trees.
1. If you use move to target the harvester didn't work for me and I had to move back a little and uncheck the "move to object" while harvesting.

2. It appears that you have to get a little lucky or the loot won't keep up with the decay.

3. I found 4 different types of tress 2 of which were not oak like trees.

4. I didn't seem to find any difference between the lvl 1 trees and lvl 3 trees as far as amount of loot.

5. One of the tree's trunk was kind of yellow and made the little yellow circle hard to see, particularly in low light. I wish MA would make circle red or black.

6. One last thing, it seems that there is a time limit on the harvest and I say that because when I had to stop to shoot an attacking mob when I turn back to continue, two difference times, both trees disappeared before I could finish and they were both still there when I turned away to kill the mobs. This may be why MA said there would be bigger and faster harvesters later on, if I read the release notes correctly.

On a side note I found a great area and must have found at least 25-30 trees to harvest as I was there about 30 minutes harvesting:) All of the other areas were 2 or 3 and up to 6 or 8 trees. I did get one loot there that was 56 pecs which was by far my best for a single loot as in cranked the harvester only 1 time and the loot popped up. I did get 1 14 lumber but most of the rest were 1-2 pieces.

3 types of wood are needed for the composite plank.

Did anyone also find 3 different types of wood?

short moonleaf board
moonleaf board
long moonleaf board

are their names I believe. I have only found the short one.

3 types of wood are needed for the composite plank.

Did anyone also find 3 different types of wood?

short moonleaf board
moonleaf board
long moonleaf board

are their names I believe. I have only found the short one.

Yep, I found all 3.
But Huge trees (lvl 3) are rare (found only 3 yesterday).
For trees lvl 2, I use TT-2. For Trees lvl 3 - TT-3

Last edited:
I only found short moonleaf boards - seems to be the most common ones? What about others, do they come from the same trees, so it would just random luck which boards you get?

in the item stats there is something called "wood tier" or something (can't remember the right wording)..
ph-1 has 1 and ph-2 2 and ph 3 3 so i guess you need better cutters to get the other woods...

Yep, I found all 3.
But Huge trees (lvl 3) are rare (found only 3 yesterday).
For trees lvl 2, I use TT-2. For Trees lvl 3 - TT-3
Never mind found out.

Last edited:
FYI

Small Tree (lvl 1) - Short Moonleaf Board
Large tree (lvl 2) - Short Moonleaf Board and Moonleaf Board
Huge Tree (lvl 3) - Short Moonleaf Board, Moonleaf Board, and Long Moonleaf Board

The Board type that you get depends on the Harvestor you use. PH-2 and PH-3 on a lvl 2 tree will get you Moonleaf Boards. PH-3 on a lvl 3 tree will get you Long Moonleaf Boards

Back