FYI: Mission Galactica Coin (Blue) Was I scammed by MA?

First.. mindark didn't give cheap fanoos. Toulan did.. you need to separate your thinking as does many others in this game.

Secondly, you chose to go full throttle on a mission that you knew nothing about but required you to hand over supplies to get. You accepted the risk involved for trying to be the first and there was no reason to rush. See slither's explanation.

You and others need to stop blaming mindark for everything. They have some blame for things but not this. Their only fault is creating something new in a game that is very addicting and people's impulses makes it very expensive. Details that you already knew. Accept some responsibility or sell out.. because that is what you will be doing anyway with that attitude

Without reading? Where exactly can you read about the mission chain cost before you reach each lvl? Now you are going to say on forum from other ppl experience lol. But lets asume im the first one to do the mission how can i know that it cost so much? From the item stats i can assume maybe something, but i can also assume that MA is giving cheap healing chips available to all, same as they did with fanoos. It was cheap and ultra eco TT item. So isnt it possible to expect something like that on higher lvls? Some will say no because of markup on uber faps, but as much as i understand MA has every right to make it cheap and available to all because they didnt set the markup, players did. You are smart now when you see others burned and not you, but next time it will be you :cool:

I am not smart now cuz "I saw others burned" I am smart now because after I traded in the sweat, I saw the cost of stage 2 and decided to wait.

I guess its no point in explanation something what some ppl cant and wont see or understand here. Someone has to be the first to try new things and i decided this time to be one of the first. and seems like the next update will fix most of the problems here anyway. But saying that i should wait till someone else do the job and based on someone elses experience than i should decide if i want to do or not is also stupid. You decide to do that way and than laugh at some ppl who tryed and failed i see nothing good in that atitude too. Also the usuall comments like adopt or leave leads to what? What is 90 ppl dont like something and 10 do? should 90 leave or should something be fixed so that we all like the changes. Most of ppl who are so smart wont do this mission anyway so they dont care about it because it doesnt affects them. As much as i know Toulon couldnt introduce cheap fanoos without MA let them do that. You think they could? :laugh:
Anyway im glad this post helped to alot of ppl to be informed and to know the final costs now, and thats the part that i could know before i tryed it. I will say one more time i dont care about my lost peds at all i just think the mission costs should be told at the begining after you trade sweat so you know what it will cost you at the end and than decide will you stop or continue. Also we still have no real idea as much as I know about those chip decay and if its used 2 time per minute does it mean you cant use any other items in that time or what. And when first person who finish the mission realize that reward suck (if it suck) you will be :laugh: at him and saying that he accepted the risk? maybe you will tell him he is stupid because he should wait for someone else to finish the mission and learn on his mistake lol. Good luck to ppl with that atitude. At least they wont make mistakes ever because they always wait for other ppl to test new things.

I guess its no point in explanation something what some ppl cant and wont see or understand here. Someone has to be the first to try new things and i decided this time to be one of the first. and seems like the next update will fix most of the problems here anyway. But saying that i should wait till someone else do the job and based on someone elses experience than i should decide if i want to do or not is also stupid. You decide to do that way and than laugh at some ppl who tryed and failed i see nothing good in that atitude too. Also the usuall comments like adopt or leave leads to what? What is 90 ppl dont like something and 10 do? should 90 leave or should something be fixed so that we all like the changes. Most of ppl who are so smart wont do this mission anyway so they dont care about it because it doesnt affects them. As much as i know Toulon couldnt introduce cheap fanoos without MA let them do that. You think they could? :laugh:
Anyway im glad this post helped to alot of ppl to be informed and to know the final costs now, and thats the part that i could know before i tryed it. I will say one more time i dont care about my lost peds at all i just think the mission costs should be told at the begining after you trade sweat so you know what it will cost you at the end and than decide will you stop or continue. Also we still have no real idea as much as I know about those chip decay and if its used 2 time per minute does it mean you cant use any other items in that time or what. And when first person who finish the mission realize that reward suck (if it suck) you will be :laugh: at him and saying that he accepted the risk? maybe you will tell him he is stupid because he should wait for someone else to finish the mission and learn on his mistake lol. Good luck to ppl with that atitude. At least they wont make mistakes ever because they always wait for other ppl to test new things.

You weren't one of the first...you were the first to start it without thinking...big difference.

Mission Galactica Coin (Orange) Crashed Bobbazz Stalker Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:40:04
Terratech PH-2 (L) Blueprint (L) Magnus Mag Ogg Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:20:15
Animal Thyroid Oil Crate Uncle Bigfoot Sasquatch Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:48:45
Animal Liver Oil Crate Uncle Bigfoot Sasquatch Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:47:54
Animal Muscle Oil Crate Eugen Jackson Morgan Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:47:00
Vibrant Sweat Crate Eugen Jackson Morgan Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:46:32
Mission Galactica Coin (Blue) Iveline Ivi Stockhouse Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:41:47
Mission Galactica Coin Fragment (Green) Skai Blondie Boa Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:27:05
Mission Galactica Coin (Turquoise) Iveline Ivi Stockhouse Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:18:11
Mission Galactica Coin (Yellow)

Plenty of others will do it and deem the risk/cost acceptable. You aren't saving anyone. We all will do our due diligence and decide on our own if it is worth it or not. You rushed to do something without due diligence, and you now regret it, and that is all.

We know that they will be able to be used like the arson TENS, meaning that you can switch to another weapon right away. We also know what the cost is and will be, because unlike you, we can we can look at 5000 thyroid and say, "hmm that's 500 ped...maybe I should stop for now and look into this more."

You need MA to tell you how much you will spend chasing 75 shrooms oven 30 days grinding caperon for the mod 2600?

Last edited:
Whats the HP requirement. Anyone know yet?

You weren't one of the first...you were the first to start it without thinking...big difference.

Mission Galactica Coin (Orange) Crashed Bobbazz Stalker Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:40:04
Terratech PH-2 (L) Blueprint (L) Magnus Mag Ogg Mon, 15 Jun 2015 11:20:15
Animal Thyroid Oil Crate Uncle Bigfoot Sasquatch Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:48:45
Animal Liver Oil Crate Uncle Bigfoot Sasquatch Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:47:54
Animal Muscle Oil Crate Eugen Jackson Morgan Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:47:00
Vibrant Sweat Crate Eugen Jackson Morgan Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:46:32
Mission Galactica Coin (Blue) Iveline Ivi Stockhouse Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:41:47
Mission Galactica Coin Fragment (Green) Skai Blondie Boa Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:27:05
Mission Galactica Coin (Turquoise) Iveline Ivi Stockhouse Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:18:11
Mission Galactica Coin (Yellow)

Plenty of others will do it and deem the risk/cost acceptable. You aren't saving anyone. We all will do our due diligence and decide on our own if it is worth it or not. You rushed to do something without due diligence, and you now regret it, and that is all.

We know that they will be able to be used like the arson TENS, meaning that you can switch to another weapon right away. We also know what the cost is and will be, because unlike you, we can we can look at 5000 thyroid and say, "hmm that's 500 ped...maybe I should stop for now and look into this more."

You need MA to tell you how much you will spend chasing 75 shrooms oven 30 days grinding caperon for the mod 2600?

NO lol. I need MA to tell me that i need 75 shrooms for the mod 2600 thats it.
I dont nee MA to tell me how much i have to hunt for 5k thyroid oil, but i need them to tell me at the begining of the mission chain that i will need so much oil at half way of mission.
Thats the point you dont want to understand here and thats the info MA didnt give at the begining of the mission

NO lol. I need MA to tell me that i need 75 shrooms for the mod 2600 thats it.
I dont nee MA to tell me how much i have to hunt for 5k thyroid oil, but i need them to tell me at the begining of the mission chain that i will need so much oil at half way of mission.
Thats the point you dont want to understand here and thats the info MA didnt give at the begining of the mission

And what YOU don't understand is that you didn't know the first four missions but you decided to do it anyway.. when you knew that it was progressively getting more expensive. Stop shifting blame for your own screw ups. Take responsibility. . Learn from it.. and move on.

And what YOU don't understand is that you didn't know the first four missions but you decided to do it anyway.. when you knew that it was progressively getting more expensive. Stop shifting blame for your own screw ups. Take responsibility. . Learn from it.. and move on.

You have all rights to like this type of missions and i hope you will get plenty more of those. I sold the coin for 20 AUDs because MA told me that the buyer can use it and continue the mission. Now the buyer wasted peds to trvel in space and couldnt do anything with it and from your way of thinking i should just say i dont care and move on because its not my problem. I will take the coin back no matter if by MA rules it would be ok to move on because all trades are final. How many times i need to say that i dont care about loosing 1-2k ped. But they told it will be fun. And if it is like all other missions fun i wouldnt say a word, but i see no fun in pure trading oils for a coin, and honestly i did it few times because i expected that something is going to change and ill get real mission or some shit and not pure trading with NPC. Something FUN like they say. Maybe you think its alot of fun but for me it was boring. I wanted to try it, i didnt want to read forum and see if anyone else finish it or wait till someone does. I trusted MA and they say its fun mission so i decided to try it out and didnt care if i loose because each mission is loosing some peds but having some fun, hunting, miniing, exploiring or something like that. Stop pointing out how stupid I am because of that. I expected fun mission and i didnt get it, my buyer expected to continue the mission from where i stoped and he couldnt so i made this post. We both expected that because MA told so and maybe we didnt check the forum and see if its true because we trusted MA word. If thats wrong to do I think its not good for anyone. If we cant have trust in MA but constantly need to double check it than WTF. You think its ok? I think its not, and thats the point here.

What's really pissing me off about this thread is the constant shifting of blame. First you say it's the peds, then you say it's the incorrect support, now it's that they said it would be fun and it wasn't.

The simple fact is that you didn't read the mission properly and you didn't think about what you were doing, you just rushed in when you saw the shinny prize.

Here's what you said in the selling thread

I started the mission but cant go to next stage because i have to small HP

No complaints about the peds, just that u don't have the hp, and the mission said upfront you needed hp.

I expected it will give me some reward at this stage but all i get is the coin.

NO, the mission said upfront that the reward was collectable at stage VI, VIII & X.

But they told it will be fun

NO they didn't. You did the mission to stage IV then sent a support and it was only then that they said it was fun. Sure, they're talking BS, but they didn't say that before you dumped your ped into the mission.

MA's support was bad but they've said they're changing the mission so coins can be used by first timers. They've admitted they're at fault and are putting things right, how about you be a man and do the same.

What's really pissing me off about this thread is the constant shifting of blame. First you say it's the peds, then you say it's the incorrect support, now it's that they said it would be fun and it wasn't.

The simple fact is that you didn't read the mission properly and you didn't think about what you were doing, you just rushed in when you saw the shinny prize.

Here's what you said in the selling thread

No complaints about the peds, just that u don't have the hp, and the mission said upfront you needed hp.

NO, the mission said upfront that the reward was collectable at stage VI, VIII & X.

NO they didn't. You did the mission to stage IV then sent a support and it was only then that they said it was fun. Sure, they're talking BS, but they didn't say that before you dumped your ped into the mission.

MA's support was bad but they've said they're changing the mission so coins can be used by first timers. They've admitted they're at fault and are putting things right, how about you be a man and do the same.

Mission Galactica
A new universe-wide mission has been added and can be accessed via the Action Library. Full details of this exciting new mission will be posted on the Entropia Universe Buzz page very soon.

Sorry if "exciting" is not same as "fun" must be that i dont understand it than. I hate the mission because all those thing together. Its not exciting, coins can not be traded and when i come to half way i saw its more expensive than i expected. I expected to unlock something exciting part of mission and do that part and continue later or chip in to get HP or anything. But its boring and to expensive to continue f im not 100% sure what im getting at the end, since on the way to that i have no fun at all. Startzed in because it should be exciting, continued it in hope of some real mission with some action in it, and when i relized there is nothing it was to late and i reached the stage when i couldnt continue because of HP. But HP is not so big problem if i know for sure that the item is worth it. Again i would say nothing if i had some fun btw and lost peds while actually playing the game and doing the mission. Is that so hard to understand?

Just answer me one question please.

You were at stage IV when you said this and the mission clearly stated that the first reward was collectible at stage VI. If you had read and fully understood the mission, why did you say:

I expected it will give me some reward at this stage but all i get is the coin.

Just answer me one question please.

You were at stage IV when you said this and the mission clearly stated that the first reward was collectible at stage VI. If you had read and fully understood the mission, why did you say:

Because simple trade high tt value stuff for 0 tt value coin doesnt seem to be fair and at first when it asked sweat for a coin it was ok for me to be 0 tt value and next thing i expected when i give 5k muscle is that the coin will have at least tt value of muscle so if i give up i just tt the coin, and i dont have to explain again that mission should become exciting, after the new coin was again 0 tt value i thought the hell with it maybe next stage will bring some action and maybe the coin will have some value, cant believe it will stay the same to the end when it should be new exciting mission. Traded it and got shit again, than i was pissed of but new hope was that i need to meet pirate in space so i thought hmmm maybe ill have some space battle or hunt space mobs next and i took the risk. When i come there mission says like oh you almost can meet some other guy but all you need to do is pay 5k thyroid and you are ready. That point i lost hopes in "exciting" part and actually in whole mission and i was angry not because of peds but because its stupid and boring and "exciting" seems like a big lie. I was so pissed that i decided to waste more peds and most likely if there was no HP limit i would finish it no matter what. Its something like when you craft and loose 5k ped you dont even car about 500 ped so you throw all amps in TT. I did something like that here at my final stage. And again i dont care, its not the peds part so much how much is this stupid boring "mission" which actually is not mission at all but pure tzrade with MA. Ofc when i get no fun, no play and 0 tt value coin for 1k ped than i mentioned PEDs too because at the end im angry for the whole thing. If i had some real mission to do and spend a day playing it i wouldnt say a word here, trust me and most likely i would sell or tt the coin. But i dont get it if the mission is boring why they couldnt make coin have tt value so you can give up and just tt it, or continue and exchange it for the chip.
This way it looks like when you start you cant go back and you will at least loose sweat if nothing else, but imho you shouldnt loose even that on such boring way.

Mission Galactica
A new universe-wide mission has been added and can be accessed via the Action Library. Full details of this exciting new mission will be posted...

I don't know. Judging by this thread, you seem pretty excited so far.

I'd say "Mission accomplished, MA!!!" :laugh:

...This way it looks like when you start you cant go back and you will at least loose sweat if nothing else, but imho you shouldnt loose even that on such boring way.

I saw a thread earlier where MA say it is an error that people on first run of the mission cannot jump in half way with a colour token if someone else stops and sells it to them as you did. They say it will be fixed in a patch.

For me the truth of the matter is that MA want to convert tt value into much less tt value, so that the volume of peds (potentially withdrawable) decreases. If they fix the error, then it is clear that they don't care who actually finishes the mission chain and gets one of the 3 'rewards'. For now I accept that that is a genuine mistake (and typical MA in my book).
Also, MA appear not to care at all that the selling power of a token if someone stops half way is at the 'mercy' of what another player is willing to pay. UNLESS... MA intentionally made the mission repeatable in the hope that a white angel would offer to continue missions abandoned at some stage by others and offer a decent price to take a token at whatever point.

I still don't like it that MA has found a way to claim mu for themselves through all of this. It was clear with clds having a paper value of next to zero and red quads - but now a chain which sucks people in to ever-higher obliteration of peds against a final reward???? I reckon that is devious - not keen.

I feel for you and your anger/disappointment igi

Edit - link to the thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274950-Mission-Galactica-Issues

Last edited:
I saw a thread earlier where MA say it is an error that people on first run of the mission cannot jump in half way with a colour token if someone else stops and sells it to them as you did. They say it will be fixed in a patch.

For me the truth of the matter is that MA want to convert tt value into much less tt value, so that the volume of peds (potentially withdrawable) decreases. If they fix the error, then it is clear that they don't care who actually finishes the mission chain and gets one of the 3 'rewards'. For now I accept that that is a genuine mistake (and typical MA in my book).
Also, MA appear not to care at all that the selling power of a token if someone stops half way is at the 'mercy' of what another player is willing to pay. UNLESS... MA intentionally made the mission repeatable in the hope that a white angel would offer to continue missions abandoned at some stage by others and offer a decent price to take a token at whatever point.

I still don't like it that MA has found a way to claim mu for themselves through all of this. It was clear with clds having a paper value of next to zero and red quads - but now a chain which sucks people in to ever-higher obliteration of peds against a final reward???? I reckon that is devious - not keen.

I feel for you and your anger/disappointment igi

Edit - link to the thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274950-Mission-Galactica-Issues

I cant agree more with it, it so not ok that they started to suck potential withdrawing PEDs this way and give small tt value in return claiming that its not important becausre real value is in markup (can be seen from MAs reply to me) but imo players should decide about markup, not MA directly. What pisses me off here is that this is not any exciting mission but a pure trade with MA without even having to play a game. You give 6k ped tt for 60 ped tt in return. No matter how cool item is at the end, its like they starting to sell us uber items at their own markup. It leads to bad end i guess. Its almost like MA open a web shop with uber items of all kind with small or non tt value in exchange for oils today, and maybe pure peds tomorrow. At least like i mentioned im expecting from a "exciting mission" to be a mission and to make me play the game actually, so i can say at the if nothing else i had some fun. I dont understand why some ppl dont care and cant see how bad it is, not because i lost peds ffs, but because i like this game and play it long time, but now it startng to look bad. Some ppl say it becomes cheaper to play, but how a 6-7k ped in markup of this chip means cheaper playing for a new player? now we have uber crafting BP which uses tt materials only, uber healing chips which can be bought from MA directly and whats next? It uses oils, thats true, but again i dont like it because its unlimited ammount of expensive uber item. If you cant get it, someone else will get it for you, all you need is to pay huge markup.
Its good to have few uber items in game but to have unlimited suply doesnt seem to stimulate players to play.
It actually looks just like you told, taking huge $ from playerbase and make it worth few $. Funy thing is that MA told me that TT value is not important, but markup is. Now remind me how it goes if you decide to quit the game and in case nobody want to buy this chip because anyone can buy it from MA mission? You get only tt value :) . Same thing if MA close your account from i dont know which reason i think you have right to withdraw TT value of items. Im almost sure that in that case markup wont matter much, but only TT value, which by MAs word to me "is not important". I think that ppl who actually want to understand my dissapointment here can see the real problem. Its not few of my peds its the direction we are going atm, and does it mean that MA is out of cash or only greedy i dont know and maybe i dont want to know.

MA think up and try different stuff which the playerbase then adopts or ignores.

(L) equipment
New Oxford
Voice Chat
Bound to avatar items
Buffs
Web Shop
Loot Pills
and so on...

This is just yet another innovation, which people can choose to use or not use. I can see the attraction of splitting up a very expensive desirable item into smaller parts, I'd have thought it would beat watching a handful of people loot a similar specified item off an Eomon each Summer.

MA think up and try different stuff which the playerbase then adopts or ignores.

(L) equipment
New Oxford
Voice Chat
Bound to avatar items
Buffs
Web Shop
Loot Pills
and so on...

This is just yet another innovation, which people can choose to use or not use. I can see the attraction of splitting up a very expensive desirable item into smaller parts, I'd have thought it would beat watching a handful of people loot a similar specified item off an Eomon each Summer.

I hope im totally wrong and that I look from bad angle, because i love this game more than any other games online, economy and ppl in it and friends playing it. I actually meet some nice ppl here and later even meet them in RL. To make it shor im addicted to EU :yay: and i would be sad to see it going down.

From my quite new player point of view i simply see this like that :

- You spend PEDs in order to advance in a mission: you pay Mindark for the right to advance into next stage of the mission ( assuming that the PED spent by players are NOT redistribued)

- Players get a cut of the share thru markup of oils ( from my point of view, even at 120% on all oils it remain a TINY share for players )

- More and more items seems now to be bought straight from mindark for a pure loss for players ( skill pills, starter gear...)

My problem in this kind of behaviour is that :

- First it was uber ships

- Price of unlimited gear is going down since years because of over supply of equipement and "not really growing" playerbase ( I have checked Sale threads since 2011 )

- Buyable only high end items like the FAP's in this quest with unlimited supply virtually sets a price tag on lot of tools ( Hard for me to explain what i mean but roughlly other items will scale on the store item price )

- PED's are going straight to MA ( not 100% sure peds are not re injected but i highlly doubt they are )

- It is not designed to profit the playerbase.

So Igi, i'am sorry that you donated that much money in order to get nothing and i hope you find the way to move along.

I'am being more and more disapointed about this game, i hope Mindark don't go into that kind of marketing and if it goes, I think my short entropian life will be over!

They are fixing the trading coins bug, as for the mission i think it's ok to be honest. Item rewards at the end are really nice, outta my price range but i can see people wanting them. As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Nice to see a space based mission though :).

They are fixing the trading coins bug, as for the mission i think it's ok to be honest. Item rewards at the end are really nice, outta my price range but i can see people wanting them. As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Nice to see a space based mission though :).

Problem is that is not a mission at all to bring some ammoun of oil bought at auction to NPC on some place no matter where. You use warp and get there with no problem and stage is done. Second thing mentioned here is huge tt given away for small tt value in item. something like 5-6k ped for 48 ped first chip and god knows how much peds to stage X if you choose that and you get 90 ped tt chip. It maybe is cool but i guess you see the point here. You cant withdraw markup if you dont sell the item and in other case if this item have som TT value you could always tt it and take money out. I wouldnt expect it to be free, but to be a mission which you need to play for long time and loose same ammount of peds but by playing, not simple trading NPC in few minutes. And because all those missions are repetable, one can finish each stage like 10 time in a row and than just do the final stage again 10 time and get 10 chips. I guess it wont be possible due to this new component but in theory its possible. If 10 ppl from soc decide to get chip all they need is one guy with HP lvl needed and he can do it for them all at once. I think it wont hapen but its actually possible. Ofc ppl will take those chips if they are eco but the thing is how you get the item and how does this mission look like. Its almost like they put it in trade terminal, not exactly the same but not far from that, at lest doing the mission to the stage IV which i have done has same excitement like buying ammo from tt :D

Problem is that is not a mission at all to bring some ammoun of oil bought at auction to NPC on some place no matter where. You use warp and get there with no problem and stage is done. Second thing mentioned here is huge tt given away for small tt value in item. something like 5-6k ped for 48 ped first chip and god knows how much peds to stage X if you choose that and you get 90 ped tt chip. It maybe is cool but i guess you see the point here. You cant withdraw markup if you dont sell the item and in other case if this item have som TT value you could always tt it and take money out. I wouldnt expect it to be free, but to be a mission which you need to play for long time and loose same ammount of peds but by playing, not simple trading NPC in few minutes. And because all those missions are repetable, one can finish each stage like 10 time in a row and than just do the final stage again 10 time and get 10 chips. I guess it wont be possible due to this new component but in theory its possible. If 10 ppl from soc decide to get chip all they need is one guy with HP lvl needed and he can do it for them all at once. I think it wont hapen but its actually possible. Ofc ppl will take those chips if they are eco but the thing is how you get the item and how does this mission look like. Its almost like they put it in trade terminal, not exactly the same but not far from that, at lest doing the mission to the stage IV which i have done has same excitement like buying ammo from tt :D

Yesterday you were running headlong at MA blindly throw peds at them, and now you're the voice of reason :lolup:

Most of us saw this from the very start even before handing over 5pec worth of sweat.

plesae stop knocking igi

The post by has done two important things

1. he has informed us of the pit falls when being the first to try any new thing that MA may but forwards
2. He has highlighted major bugs ( trading coin/mats on auction ) .

why keep on telling him he is silly/wrong/a cry baby etc.

I was going to start the mission , I was expecting it to be more than just handing mats to an NPC I was thinking the sweat was just to start it . so I passed on the info to all the members of my society ( approx. 20 active members ) so they can make INFORMED DESISIONS as to do the mission or not .

MA are fixing the mission problems , it is new type of mission hence new problems .

the GUY is HUMANBEING instead of calling him for being a "cry baby" why not just say nothing ? then you don't upset anyone . He has made his point MA are sorting things fast , let all move on and not keep posting Remarks that help no one .

Way back when I first started playing, this kind of stuff used to infuriate me :mad: I used to be mad at MA A LOT, but I had a lot more invested in those days too, today - not so much. Knowing a little about the software testing and release process, it always pissed me off that they always have so many post production release issues. I guess they follow the go ugly early philosophy, or something :rolleyes:

After having my butt burned a few too many times, I have since always made it a point to be late to the party and read the forums before I log in to see what issues or opportunities there are. That's the one benefit of being in the US PST, by the time I get home from work and am able to log in, most of the issues have been identified.

What I lost in loot opportunities by not being first mover was well made up for by retaining some of the sanity I have left. Especially when things go fubar, which was most of the time.

I try to never rush to log in and do anything after a major patch or upgrade that is going to cost me anything or frustrate me.

I am a happier player for it. :yup:

Most of us saw this from the very start even before handing over 5pec worth of sweat.

I'm one of those who didn't give the guy anything, not even sweat.

Experience tells us NPCs can't be trusted. Most people probably don't notice but almost every newcomer to this game is scammed by some Mr. Bukin in Camp Icarus who is selling tiny skill implants at exorbitant prices. He may wear a cool coat and talk a lot but that doesn't make it a good deal. Why, after that, I should trust some NPC who on top of everything sits somewhere in lootable space is beyond me. :laugh:

I agree not the best mission in game, but at least now after the patch you should be able to sell those coins you gained from the first few stages. :)

I agree with you also about this trend for Ma to sell items to players through NPC's or whatever, but at end of the day we all seen the financial reports over the last few years. This is a good way for MA to reduce in game liabilities, and i suspect that is the underlying rationale behind this format.
I bet the land plots will also require building mats crafted to get the structures up, another ped sink removing value from game. Not saying it is a bad thing, just i guess at the end of the day stuff like this will help keep the lights on at MA. After all said and done is player choice to go through these various processes, and there is a carrot at the end of the stick. :)

Last edited:
About reducing peds in game: a quarter of Caly turnover is paid out to the clds I think, yes? I imagine that most of it is not withdrawn - so some of it gets turned over in game, but lots will stack up over time.

I can understand there being an MA desire to 'convert' peds into low tt but high mu stuff, but do not agree that MA should pocket so much of the difference directly themselves. The mu that goes to players through oils here is minimal. Granted, the sweat is purely to the players, but that is stage 1.

People have written here about the path that MA is taking... the underlying mechanics....AND the way of introduction. It is almost the least worrying element for me that they use words like exciting and fun to describe this chain. I'm still waiting for one of the coins to be lootable by mistake (or design?)... maybe that is what they think will provide excitement?

Back