R.I.P. Ancient Greece!

It is a pretty place, which offset the frustration of the very restricted equipment. :pic:

PS: Above was taken on 'Very High' WhiningSkeptic ;)

It is a pretty place, which offset the frustration of the very restricted equipment. :pic:

PS: Above was taken on 'Very High' WhiningSkeptic ;)

I play on Very High now too. Turns out that my shitty office laptop handles that as well. Not perfect fps but good enough for me. ;)

Did the cyclops and the agility mission in about 11 hours. well worth it :cool:

Is that mission still available? I remember going over there when it first opened up, but I left and never went back, I can't recall if I did that mission or not. :scratch2:

Whoever are the "Ancient Greece Purists" can eat a bag of poo.
Simply because, if you loved that place so much and say its ruined, how come you didnt basicly live there?

As my side i always loved the theme and concept of ancient greece but its frustrating how it was to be there and the spawn placements are horrible for the most part.

Actually, I spent a lot of time there a year or two ago.

The problems as I saw them were-
The definite lack of TPs and outpost over a very large portion of the map.
The difficulty level of the creatures made some pretty big jumps.
The lack of any sort of ranged weapon for tagging.
The lack of anything to do with loot, but tt it.

It was a good start on an area, but seemed like it was never finished. Still, I had a lot of fun killing Cyclopes. Sad to see it go.

I hear Ancient Greece now allows any weapons and armors.
Was the only place where skill really mattered and noobs in shiny armors couldn't march thorugh. Not any more it seems.
Another unique place ruined...

O well, carebears had to win eventually, was only a question of time anyway.

:? Why rip is more alive them ever was in to the change it
Them is going back to ghost town but at the moment can't even get a mob there :beerchug:

The need to keep the way its now :wise:

Is that mission still available? I remember going over there when it first opened up, but I left and never went back, I can't recall if I did that mission or not. :scratch2:

The +1 Agility mission is on Next Island and it involves shooting lots of Papoo (Cant confirm if still there or not did it a few years ago)
The +1 Stamina & Courage mission is still available on Ancient Greece.

Reactions: Mac
Some images from the old times.
thebesmarket1-jpg.1242

sun-jpg.1245

defiant2-jpg.1247

ephesos2-jpg.1246

Simply because, if you loved that place so much and say its ruined, how come you didnt basicly live there?
I have Archon T4, and i have rarely used it outside AG.
What tier is your Archon, Mr. Bag of Poo?

Well it's no use to try to explain a concept of challenge, u either get it or u don't...

Last edited:
Only people that finished it the manly way (with swords, hoplite, and herb boxes) will be allowed to use guns, and those that didn't and are using them now will not be able to finish it and will forever wear a scarlet letter "P" on their breast pocket for trying to finish like a pussy, and in the event ONE SINGLE person brags to me about "Weee I finished the cyclops mission, I am awesome" and they did it with a gun and good armor, I will find them and shit in their mailboxes.

Judging from the HoF yesterday, you better have them set up the press for the letter P and get ready to max out your cc.

Some images from the old times.
thebesmarket1-jpg.1242

sun-jpg.1245

defiant2-jpg.1247

ephesos2-jpg.1246

I have Archon T4, and i have rarely used it outside AG.
What tier is your Archon, Mr. Bag of Poo?

Well it's no use to try to explain a concept of challenge, u either get it or u don't...

i havent got a Archon at all
I get the challenge entirelly you just didnt get what i ment then.

I simply said if you are so concerned for AG how come you usually hang mostly in other planets and rarelly ever there for example

This explains the sudent increase of players at NI!

Third stage is not possible to solo, unless you consider 4 kills per hour acceptable (and thats with 210hp)
This is true indeed. If u tier up Archon, Hoplite and Herb box u can muddle through a few more per hour (assuming u also have 200+ HP and good evade), but it'll be still a struggle for each mob.

When i did my Cyclops mission i saw some other guy there trying to kill the bigger steropes at Troy by revkilling. Cyclops has very low regen so it kinda worked, but it was real painful to even look at it... :yup:
So i approached the guy, said i respect his persistence but maybe together we could both do it faster? At first he refused and ran away, but a day later he came to me and said ok, lets try it.

So we agreed to take turns killing and healing, and it worked indeed. We had many globals and even one HoF before 2 x 333 Steropes were dead.

So it was back then. Since then i've been visiting the place now and then as my skills and HP grow, using AG as kinda testing ground. I had this belief that once i get my Archon to T5, HP to 250 and Quickness unlocked i could solo the smaller ones like normal mobs.

I can still do that now just as a test but as for the real hunting, well that would be kinda stupid. What's gone is gone. :smoke:

Before the last VU, was there no way to heal there if you didn't have an herb box from before? I still had AG on my list of things to do but it just occurred to me even if I wanted to try to do it the original way I'd have to pay markup on a herb box.

This is true indeed. If u tier up Archon, Hoplite and Herb box u can muddle through a few more per hour (assuming u also have 200+ HP and good evade), but it'll be still a struggle for each mob.

When i did my Cyclops mission i saw some other guy there trying to kill the bigger steropes at Troy by revkilling. Cyclops has very low regen so it kinda worked, but it was real painful to even look at it...

They seem to have zero regen. During my days there I did leave behind lots of half killed steropes because couldn't reach them upon coming back because of new spawns, but eventually I stumbled upon many of them again days later, still in same condition :)

With 41 evader, 185 hp, hoplite (like it even matters against them) and t4 Archon I managed to kill 3-5 steropes a hour. The most pain is to run 800m from revive only to die half a minute later :D

I simply said if you are so concerned for AG how come you usually hang mostly in other planets and rarelly ever there for example
Even if you love some book more than any other, you can't re-read it infinitely. And AG is quite a short book.

Last edited:
The Cyclopes have regen now :yup:

They seem to have zero regen. During my days there I did leave behind lots of half killed steropes because couldn't reach them upon coming back because of new spawns, but eventually I stumbled upon many of them again days later, still in same condition :)

With 41 evader, 185 hp, hoplite (like it even matters against them) and t4 Archon I managed to kill 3-5 steropes a hour. The most pain is to run 800m from revive only to die half a minute later :D
This brings back some cool memories... :smoke:

We decided to give up the safety of the close revival at Troy and went after the smaller Steropes, Slow and Defender on the opposite side of Mount Olymp. The risk was higher there ofc, every failure meant a long run from the nearest revival (Dodona).

Hero sword had a slightly longer range (by a whooping 1m!) :laugh: So, armed with the Hero "tagger" the scout went out to the Cyclops swarm, keeping an eye on the movements of all the mobs nearby. The task was to pull out only 1 mob and drag it away, to the other guy who was already waiting with a fap. Every failure inevitably ended with a total disaster but eventually we managed to polish this tactic to the perfection so when our swords needed repair we had to run into mobs intentionally to get to Hades repairing station.

So, was it fun? Hell yea! :cool:

Before the last VU, was there no way to heal there if you didn't have an herb box from before? I still had AG on my list of things to do but it just occurred to me even if I wanted to try to do it the original way I'd have to pay markup on a herb box.

Thats right, the only Fap that worked beofre the recent VU was the herb box, I was lucky owning 3, which is about the minimum needed the old way (with 1 or 2 people behind you helping to keep you alive)

Anyway, its all different now, people are there with guns, proper armor, proper faps and I've heard even vehicles work there now!!

The information on Entropedia is now inaccurate as the maturities have changed:

Slow 2200hp, Outcast 1800hp
Defender 2400hp?, Bandit 2000hp

If those located on planet would care to scan the higher maturities it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The Cyclopes have regen now :yup:

I read about that.

I wonder if my Archon Sword will still be useable...

Personally, I don't like this change. Though rarely visited, it used to be a Place where everyone was more or less equal. (The lack of herb boxes, and for that matter working TT gear, is a relatively late problem that was caused by a central update.)

Now Ancient Greece is like any other land area, where the Big Guys with foerippers+modfaps will have an easy time. As I understand it, there is a big risk that the Cyclops mission will be re-adjusted now when it's finishable pretty fast (for those with right Equipment).

Another thing is that items acquired with Ancient Greece in mind, like Hoplite armor and archon sword; and the time/decay spent tiering sword/herbbox/hoplite (I know at least one who have spent a long time tiering his hoplite armor) will be for nothing - in a "normal" World, Hoplite armor is less useful than Pixie. Hoplite can be customized, but on the other hand cost for some Resources has gone up with the loot rebalance (like paints and thin wool).

The +1 Agility mission is on Next Island and it involves shooting lots of Papoo (Cant confirm if still there or not did it a few years ago)
The +1 Stamina & Courage mission is still available on Ancient Greece.

Thanks!

I don't recall what is required to get over there, I seem to remember there being some time crystal thingy. Is that still part of it?

I need a guide, is there a guide anywhere?

Thanks!

I don't recall what is required to get over there, I seem to remember there being some time crystal thingy. Is that still part of it?

I need a guide, is there a guide anywhere?

I've had a look on both this forum and the official forum

http://www.nextislandforum.com/

and was unable to find one unfortunately.

Time Crystals used to be required to travel from Next Island to Ancient Greece and back again.

I'm not sure they still are, but I can sell you 12 if you want to be on the safe side (I'm on Calypso) that'll be plenty.

Entropedia has basic information of coordinates of mission brokers, the main mission broker is located at Thebes. If you need more then post again and I or someone should be able to help.

You will need to kill 333 Arges 333 Brontes and 333 Steropes cyclops to complete the mission.

Whoever are the "Ancient Greece Purists" can eat a bag of poo.

The appreciation of AG pre-15.3 was the sense of accomplishment.

Yes it was only a one-time-only exercise or two-time if you are the pay-it-forward type (wondering if you'll understand that part) however, once completed you truly felt a bigger sense of accomplishment than finishing an entire iron mission.

At least I did.

--edit--
This coming from someone who's finished puny, ripper, molisk, daik, foul, corn, argo & carabok irons.
--/edit--

Selling hoplite set & herb fap +1 total BO. :(

Last edited:
I've had a look on both this forum and the official forum

http://www.nextislandforum.com/

and was unable to find one unfortunately.

Time Crystals used to be required to travel from Next Island to Ancient Greece and back again.

I'm not sure they still are, but I can sell you 12 if you want to be on the safe side (I'm on Calypso) that'll be plenty.

Entropedia has basic information of coordinates of mission brokers, the main mission broker is located at Thebes. If you need more then post again and I or someone should be able to help.

You will need to kill 333 Arges 333 Brontes and 333 Steropes cyclops to complete the mission.

Thanks I'll check it out after I get home tonight.

+rep here since they won't let me do it the usual way.

Thanks I'll check it out after I get home tonight.

+rep here since they won't let me do it the usual way.

Couldn't remember the name of the place earlier - now I have:

You need to go to Orpheus Cave on Next Island, then using that TP, travel to Orpheus Cave on Ancient Greece (choose drop down on map or some such magic)

Arges - cant remember
Brontes are at Mount Olympus TP
Stereops are SSE of Dodona TP

No time crystal needed to go there anymore.

Allright, we got our Steropes HoF in the new Greece. We did it in Hoplites and using melee so our mailboxes will be safe. :p

Met EMW out there, the 2nd person to ever enter the AG. He said the herb box was bugged when they arrived, so they had to wait on revival and regen naturally after taking damage. Now that's hardcore! :laugh:

What we both miss the most in this new Greece is the biggest Steropes maturities - Clan Leaders and Kings (was L66 in the old system). Now in their old area there's just endless sea of Steropes Cyclops Named... boring!

Also, while changing the Cyclops stats MA has created one quite funny bug - in certain situations Steropes now has biggest aggro range in all game, and also ranged damage. It seems when several mobs are attacking one player and some of them "get bored" they choose the next closest avatar. The bug however doesn't seem to calculate the distances at all - suffices you are on the radar and you will be attacked.
Now, imagine the bewilderment of an unsuspecting swordsman when he suddenly gets hit with 100+ damage out of nowhere! Next thing he notices is a tiny Cyclops figure closing in across a vast field, from the edge of his radar. And it keeps hitting while it goes... U can imagine, this guy feels quite stupid just standing there, taking damage and waiting.

Who the hell gave Cyclops a rifle?
and the next thought,
Well, then they should have given a bike too, at least it would get here faster.
Funny stuff. ;)

Last edited:
What we both miss the most in this new Greece is the biggest Steropes maturities - Clan Leaders and Kings (was L66 in the old system). Now in their old area there's just endless sea of Steropes Cyclops Named... boring!

Have you checked both old locations?

The Dodona location only had up to Defiant, the Kings were at the location on the East side of the map (Possibly called Troy).

Back