some new furniture

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Hi all

I'm not getting any younger :d, and after 20 years of desktop computing, I'm fed up, and so is my back. I have this couch that I absolutely love sitting in, much better for my back, but I can't use my pc from it.

So I'm looking for suggestions, does anyone have experience with this? Does anyone have, or know a nice comfortable setup? And of course laptops are out of the question!

let me know, use your imagination :)

Few days back i got a large tv screen. A 3m+ hdmi cable and a wireless mouse.keyboard.
I.m pretty sure this is all you need to enjoy entropia in hd and from your couch

Just another idea.

Not sure if this might work, but I've been thinking of something like this...

http://cneurasia.en.alibaba.com/product/577405607-212427814/Folding_Table_Mate.html

where you put the monitor, keyboard and mouse on the table and pull in. People these days use those light-weight "thin" monitors right?

Your PC could be placed at the side of your couch. Assuming its a tower?

However, with this...there might be several potential problems though...
  1. The monitor might be in an unstable position and could fall over any time.
  2. The monitor might be too close and could affect your eyes.
  3. The wires from the PC to the monitor and to the sockets and lan cables might be in the way...affecting how you could pull the table in and out from the couch so that you can move and get out of it when your done.

Just an idea though....maybe you can sit on it, think about it and find a better solution?

GL.

Last edited:
Something like this:

Laptop_Table_Image_13__99242.1405436048.1280.1280.jpg

Being able to adjust both height and surface tilt makes them useful for a variety of purposes - including if you just want to use for a wireless keyboard/mouse. The surface area of our ones are about 600 x 400mm (24" x 16" for US).

Last edited:
is the couch heavy?

after those heavy sessions with the omni+oculus you deserv some rest.

mount the couch on this bad boy:
https://youtu.be/gDBQI12n4Zo

nero

Not certain where you are located, but check out some of the rolling desks by Techni Mobili, such as this one.

They have a variety of rolling desks, and as they are also listed at Amazon, shouldn't be difficult to get in various parts of the world. (As I stated, I have no idea where you are from).

I have a normal desk with a cabinet on the sides and a hole in the middle for your legs. I found a super comfy recliner that when reclined, the part that holds your legs up fits perfectly in the spot for your legs under the desk. It also has a tray that extends out for the keyboard over my knees a bit, but I just put other shit on that tray, not the keyboard or mouse.

The recliner has two positions ...the first action ONLY extends my legs while keeping the back upright still...this is important, because some recliners tilt you back as the feet extend...you don't want that...you want the feet to extend first, and then have the second option of reclining your back if you choose. My recliner is not one with only a few set positions on the back rest, I can put it at any angle and it stays...you def want one that does these thing.

Because it has super thick cushiony arm rests, I put the keyboard on the right armrest supported by the arm and a perfect size pillow on my left leg. The mouse and mouse pad fit on the right armrest.

I put a 40 inch moniter on the desk in the center. Buying one that had the lowest stand-height from the surface of the desk (keeping it as low as possible). I also have a table to my left to put stuff on and also to put the keyboard, mouse, headphones, drinks, other fun thingys, etc on when I have to get up.

It is a bit of a pain getting in and out, but it is worth it the entire time I am playing.

I keep 40 lb dumbells on each side of my chair and try to use them for an hour each day on each arm, and I also do leg lifts and ab crunches constantly as I play, especially long 4-8 hour sessions.

I keep a second comp to my right on a sliding table for when I need it.

I use 60 ounce huge pitchers for ice water and unsweet iced tea.

ANd I get up every hour or two to pee/change the laundry/make food/ etc (all those stupid boring things that aren't gambling that I wish I could eliminate).

The most recent girl that lived with me called it my "spaceship" and she was really good about bringing me stuff so I don't have to get up as much. It is important to get a significant other that does those things too :D

Edit: Also, I move it every time company comes over and replace it with a normal computer chair. After a few wtf-looks from some friends, I found it easier to move it than explain to them its not a beat-off chair.

Last edited:
Back