Please Help! Entropedia is our responsibility, help the community by updating it.

Lizzy_ZA

Provider
Society
NBK Rangers
Elizabeth Lizzy Holmes
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask everybody to update Entropedia with their loots, new items etc. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that Entropedia information is extremely out of date, and it only our fault.

I always make sure to tick the Last VU link on all loots I receive if they arent marked already.

I also add new items I encounter that is not in Entropedia yet, or verify the stats / decay on existing items.

Take the Omegaton A101 for instance, the last VU on Entropedia is 15.0.2 from an Ambulimax, however I know for a fact there was one looted in 15.2.3 and in our current VU (15.3.0)

The last drop was from a Allophyl Young, since I asked the player when I saw it come up in the Globals chat. I could not update it, since its marked as Extremely Rare and a screenshot is required when updating the latest VU.

Everybody complains that Entropedia is not accurate or outdated, however only we are to blame since its a wiki, its our responsibility to update and maintain the data.

Entropedia is abandoned. Best would be if someone set up a new wiki that we could update instead.

Several times in past I could not modify or add information because I had not privileges.
Few times I asked someone else to change information but I simply gave up.
Add this to the fact that Entropedia is not maintained by anyone and you have project that gets outdated quickly.

Five dolla has already stated that an alternative site in the works. I trust the guy with this but it has been a "long time" coming.

I do understand that there might be alternatives available soon, however its not here yet.

And I know Entropedia has its problems, like Range on guns is broken.

But adding new loots, mission chains updating info and last VU's can be done if you are registered.

And registering an account takes not even 2 minutes.

All I am saying is, if no one updates it and it is dead, then don't complain if its useless. I will however continue to do regular updates to it.

But adding new loots, mission chains updating info and last VU's can be done if you are registered.

And registering an account takes not even 2 minutes.

Well, I did not made it clear in my first post - I have account there for years.
There are different levels (at least two) of privileges for normal users. And you cannot add/edit all info if you are in 'normal user' group (unless it got changed in last year or so, but I doubt it).

Well, I did not made it clear in my first post - I have account there for years.
There are different levels (at least two) of privileges for normal users. And you cannot add/edit all info if you are in 'normal user' group (unless it got changed in last year or so, but I doubt it).

The only differences between regular members and trusted members are that trusted members can use the "Confirmed" option to verify certain data (decay values, mob damage values), and once it's set as Confirmed that data can only be edited by another trusted member.

There are no restrictions to adding new information or to editing almost all of the existing data. The Confirmed value only applies to a very small amount of fields and (in theory) there should be no need to edit a Confirmed figure except in the rare case that stats for a particular item or mob have changed for some reason.

If you have reason to believe a Confirmed value is wrong you can talk to me about it as I have editing privileges as a trusted member (as do many others).

The only differences between regular members and trusted members are that trusted members can use the "Confirmed" option to verify certain data (decay values, mob damage values), and once it's set as Confirmed that data can only be edited by another trusted member.

There are no restrictions to adding new information or to editing almost all of the existing data. The Confirmed value only applies to a very small amount of fields and (in theory) there should be no need to edit a Confirmed figure except in the rare case that stats for a particular item or mob have changed for some reason.

If you have reason to believe a Confirmed value is wrong you can talk to me about it as I have editing privileges as a trusted member (as do many others).

IIRC last time I got this 'error' it was minimum tt values of few unlimited weapons I wanted to update.
There were couple of other values but don't remember what it was now.

Edit:
Just tried it.
Now I see min tt field greyed out, so it got changed or I remember wrong and got 'errors' on something else and could not even edit tt fields.
Interesting that I can change decay but not min tt (not tried to confirm decay change tho).

Last edited:
No, you are not in a position to tell me what my responsibilities are.

(I have 2942 updates to entropedia)

Thanks for this Lizzy_ZA. It's always been the case that while many players use Entropedia routinely, few will help to keep the data maintained.

As a new player, I found Entropedia utterly invaluable. So as a way of repaying that, until I was asked to become a forum mod in 2012, I spent quite some time regularly updating Entropedia data.
Since then though, my available time is more limited, and while I still log hunting loots and add things like the version update notes for EU and Planet Calypso, I no longer have the time to do the full range of updates that I once did.
Unfortunately for Entropedia, that situation is not likely to change for the present (although at some point in the next few years it's likely that I'll have quite a lot of time for extra projects).

I find it awfully sad that the site has not continued to be developed in the way that I understood was agreed between Witte and Siniko. I did make alternative suggestions to Witte a couple of months ago following up on an earlier exchange of messages, but as he's not since replied I take it that he's not willing to change the current arrangements. I'd love to have the skills to be able to offer to maintain the site myself, and perhaps one day I'll have the time to broaden my skillset enough to do so. But not right now.

Siniko gave me 'admin' permissions, however effectively all that lets me do is bulk-undo's of changes (such as when some person lets his roomie 'play' with it and deletes 200+ items), rather than having to undo each entry individually. I also can edit the 'Trusted User' items, so feel free to contact me too if one of those really needs changing. Be prepared to provide proof of the change though.

Btw, while 'extremely rare' loots should ideally be supported by a link to a screenshot, also I think something like a link to an EntropiaLife page showing the rare loot would be acceptable. Where I've had a trusted soc member report looting one, I'll update the table just saying something like 'Looted by XYZ of Antipodean Army' in the source.

Thanks for this Lizzy_ZA. It's always been the case that while many players use Entropedia routinely, few will help to keep the data maintained.

As a new player, I found Entropedia utterly invaluable. So as a way of repaying that, until I was asked to become a forum mod in 2012, I spent quite some time regularly updating Entropedia data.
Since then though, my available time is more limited, and while I still log hunting loots and add things like the version update notes for EU and Planet Calypso, I no longer have the time to do the full range of updates that I once did.
Unfortunately for Entropedia, that situation is not likely to change for the present (although at some point in the next few years it's likely that I'll have quite a lot of time for extra projects).

I find it awfully sad that the site has not continued to be developed in the way that I understood was agreed between Witte and Siniko. I did make alternative suggestions to Witte a couple of months ago following up on an earlier exchange of messages, but as he's not since replied I take it that he's not willing to change the current arrangements. I'd love to have the skills to be able to offer to maintain the site myself, and perhaps one day I'll have the time to broaden my skillset enough to do so. But not right now.

Siniko gave me 'admin' permissions, however effectively all that lets me do is bulk-undo's of changes (such as when some person lets his roomie 'play' with it and deletes 200+ items), rather than having to undo each entry individually. I also can edit the 'Trusted User' items, so feel free to contact me too if one of those really needs changing. Be prepared to provide proof of the change though.

Btw, while 'extremely rare' loots should ideally be supported by a link to a screenshot, also I think something like a link to an EntropiaLife page showing the rare loot would be acceptable. Where I've had a trusted soc member report looting one, I'll update the table just saying something like 'Looted by XYZ of Antipodean Army' in the source.

If only MA had some kind of excel spreadsheet or something they could put on the internets or somewhere.....

That's not mindark's responsibility. That is the planet partner.

I offered to take over entropedia but was denied three times and told there were updates coming. That was over the last 15 months. Maybe there will be and maybe there won't be. Initially I sat back waiting for the update because why would the community want to update two places. Now I'm at a point to take the risk that my efforts are for nothing because we've been waiting for some time.

Last edited:
That's not mindark's responsibility. That is the planet partner.

I offered to take over entropedia but was denied three times and told there were updates coming. That was over the last 15 months. Maybe there will be and maybe there won't be. Initially I sat back waiting for the update because why would the community want to update two places. Now I'm at a point to take the risk that my efforts are for nothing because we've been waiting for some time.

That is good news, looking forward to seeing it!

$5 we are ready when you are man. Time to move forward in EU starting with a nice fresh, responsive new Entropedia style website.

Link please ? :)

Lol. I am buying the server in the next 48 hours. I don't get my app royalties until the 22nd. So i had to wait until then. Then I need to move the leaderboard stuff over and then i can start putting the pieces together.

I do want to play a little. :)

Would love to see this atomic. Good luck with it mate

Would also help as much as possible with rocktropia stuff if you wanted me to. Know the planet like back of my hand

Last edited:
Lol. I am buying the server in the next 48 hours. I don't get my app royalties until the 22nd. So i had to wait until then. Then I need to move the leaderboard stuff over and then i can start putting the pieces together.

I do want to play a little. :)

Can you please make the new code available on something like github? I would love to help, and I am sure others would as well. With a setup like that it would be a lot easier to keep the page alive as well! :)

Back