Question: Resource Gatherer Profession help

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Greetings. I'm trying to figure out the skill contributions to the new profession and need a few more skill sets to do so. I'm also looking for confirmation of the exact skills that contribute.

These are the reported contributing skills (between Oleg and jjmatrix and contributors to this thread):
Agility
Intelligence
Resource Gathering (~34%)
Analysis
Dexterity
Geology (~7-9%)
Biology
Genetics
Zoology
Bravado
Perception (10%)
Botany
Alertness

Other that seem possible or likely are:
Athletics (4%)
Serendipity
Scientist

and the other attributes:
Strength
Psyche

Resource Gatherer professional standing

Ruled out by individual gain tests:
Computer
Melee Combat

Please reply to this and add your level of those skills and the profession in the quote (the bolded lines). You can estimate one decimal on the skills from the progress bar, and get pro standing to 4 decimals by the tool tip when you mouse over it.

Alternatively to listing your skills here, you can send me the CSV dump from the skill scanner, along with your exact prof standing of Resource Gatherer (to 4 decimals) from the tooltip info. My email address is first and last avatar name david falkayn at gmail. The added benefit of this is that if we find other skills contribute that aren't on the list, i'll already have them.

Also please comment if you see a skillgain while gathering that's not in the main list.

It's especially helpful if you have high Resource Gatherer skill (you've been harvesting) or can report a before and after harvesting skillset.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
EDITED to add Before and After

BEFORE
Agility: 72.4
Resource Gathering: 114.3
Analysis: 94.0
Dexterity: 3742.8
Geology: 3937.2
Biology: 31.0
Genetics: 12.1
Zoology: 49.0
Bravado: 1517.8
Perception: 3262.5
Botany: 18.0

Other that seem possible or likely are:
Computer: 2551.6
Athletics: 4518.3
Serendipity: 3975.6
Scientist: n/a

and the other attributes:
Strength: 52.0
Intelligence: 65.5
Psyche: 55.8

Resource Gatherer professional standing: 10.7437

AFTER 1 PH-1
Agility 72.4
Resource Gathering 213.0
Analysis 120.8
Dexterity 3743.2
Geology 3937.4
Biology 45.3
Genetics 20.4
Zoology 67.1
Bravado 1517.8
Perception 3264.8
Botany 35.0
Computer 2551.6
Athletics 4518.3
Serendipity 3975.6
Scientist n/a
Strength 52.0
Intelligence 65.5
Psyche 55.8
Resource Gatherer professional standing 11.1481

Will add after another PH-1...not sure if I should make it a table or separate post or what?
EDIT: I may not have time today or tomorrow, but will post an "after" snapshot as soon as I can.

Last edited:
It's especially helpful if you have high Resource Gatherer skill (you've been harvesting) or can report a before and after harvesting skillset.

Also useful is a before and after when chipping in or out one of the relevant skills, or gaining it from a mission reward.

Oddly enough melee combat is one.

Ranked my harvesting prof from 11 to 12 when quest completed with that skill as reward.

Definitely had Intelligence, pretty sure I got Athletics too.

Ranked my harvesting prof from 11 to 12 when quest completed with that skill as reward.

Back to the drawing board, then. :eyecrazy:

Please report melee combat level as well, then. I imagine those who have already shared have not had it change any so please add it.

Also, if you see any other contributors not on the list.

ETA: Resource Gathering is probably 30 or 31 from Norm's two sets and the two I had.

Last edited:
Add Melee Combat 4120.2 to mine. Could have gone up marginally since you took my last reading due to a few swipes with Bukin's Blade but that should be negligible.

We need someone with intuition to do some wood chopping; since it contribute to VSE, why not this?

I'll take notes next time I get any mission reward listed here.

Greetings from monte carlo.

Going to need a few more data points to hope to get a unique solution.

I'm going to have a perception mission reward today or tomorrow when I get around to killing those 25 argos, will hopefully remember to relog before picking it.

I'm going to have a perception mission reward today or tomorrow when I get around to killing those 25 argos, will hopefully remember to relog before picking it.

Yeah before and after peeks at your pro standing could be useful if your level of perc is low enough for the reward to make a significant difference.

If you can list your skills that would be helpful by itself. Enough accurate skill sets and the problem can be solved without before-and-after shenanigans.

Will add this to first post:
Alternatively to listing your skills here, you can send me the dump from the skill scanner, along with your exact prof standing of Resource Gatherer (to 4 decimals). Email address is first and last avatar name at gmail.

Add Alertness to the list.

Add Alertness to the list.

Done.

So we've now got a skill only used in melee fighting, and a skill previously only used in defensive professions and pet handling. :eyecrazy:

Okay, so as I commented a bit earlier, for any willing to share their skills, it would be best to send me a csv dump from skill scanner in case any more show up.

Yeah before and after peeks at your pro standing could be useful if your level of perc is low enough for the reward to make a significant difference.

If you can list your skills that would be helpful by itself. Enough accurate skill sets and the problem can be solved without before-and-after shenanigans.

Undefined variable `significant` at line 1, but I guess this will do (1.44 PED Perception from argo stage II):

Before:
Perception 2879.86
Resource Gatherer 8.2184

After:
Perception 2934.85
Resource Gatherer 8.2733

off-topic: unlocked Archaeological Lore in the process :D

I'm not using skill scanner but might get some more mission rewards this week (picking low fruit before switching planets).

Last edited:
0.50 PED Athletics from Drone stage I:

Before:
Athletics 2513.77
Resource Gatherer 8.2736

After:
Athletics 2534.63
Resource Gatherer 8.2819

I can also confirm Geology does contribute (the first skill gain I got after the report above).

Not sure if it's big enough to tell anything but Geology 3327.73 to 3328.15 brought me from 8.2819 to 8.2822 Resource Gatherer.

Thanks Haruto this is a lot easier to do now that we have pro standing to the 10,000th place.

Your numbers give unambiguous results for perc and ath:

Perception contributes 10%(!) and athletics contributes 4% to Resource Gatherer.

Geology appears to be between 7-9%.

Geology seems suspiciously high but well, not as weird as Evade contributing to Tier Upgrader.

If molisks keep interfering with my mining at the same rate, I'll have data for Alertness in three days or so. (Little buggers seem to have become more aggressive lately)

Update: Fit range for the two complete skill sets I have (as I haven't received missing skills from the rest) give the following ranges:

Agility 0-1
Int 0-1
Psyche 0
Str 0

Perc 10 (fixed from Haruto's data)
Athl 4 (fixed from Haruto's data)
Geo 0-8 (~7-9 by Haruto's data)
RG 0-35
Genetics 0-3
Analysis 0-13
Alertness 0-1
Bio 0-7
Scientist 0-3
Zoo 0-2
Bravado 0-5
Botany 0-3
Dext 0-3
Melee Combat 0-1
Serendipity 0
Computer 0

From change in pro standing from a single skill gain in Resource Gathering reported by Oleg, we can confirm that Resource Gathering contributes 33-35 and almost certainly 34%.

I hit a slightly bigger claim today and relogged before extracting it. Had Drilling, Extraction and Computer skill gains (no Intelligence, Serendipity or Engineering), and Resource Gatherer did not budge:

Seems to me Computer can be dropped out of window.

i completed the foul mission and picked melee combat as reward. i did the mission only for the sake of figuring out the RG profession, so i checked very carefully :p

my MC skill went from 2540.79 to 2550.68 (~10 points increase), but my RG profession level did not move at all. it was 11.7885 before and after.

even if MC would've contributed 1% (minimum contribution, as far as we know), the prof. level would've gone to 11.7895, so definitely it should have been noticeable.

other professions, where MC's contribution is well known, e.g. Animal Tamer, with a 2% contribution, moved up as expected. (AT went from 7.0247 to 7.0267).

Reactions: das
i completed the foul mission and picked melee combat as reward. i did the mission only for the sake of figuring out the RG profession, so i checked very carefully :p

my MC skill went from 2540.79 to 2550.68 (~10 points increase), but my RG profession level did not move at all. it was 11.7885 before and after.

even if MC would've contributed 1% (minimum contribution, as far as we know), the prof. level would've gone to 11.7895, so definitely it should have been noticeable.

other professions, where MC's contribution is well known, e.g. Animal Tamer, with a 2% contribution, moved up as expected. (AT went from 7.0247 to 7.0267).

Seems thorough. I've removed it from the list for now. It didn't really make sense there but some of the professions lately have had weird skills assigned.

The assignment for computer was zero by all the solutions to the smaller set of skill snapshots earlier so that doesn't come as too much of a surprise i guess, except that it makes sense to have it in there.

Can't +rep either of you again right now.

Given six skill snapshots and the assignments in the thread, these are the most common solution ranges for a slightly expanded error range:

Agility: 0-7
Intelligence: 0-6
Psyche: 0-5
Strength: 0-2

Dexterity: 0-4
Genetics: 0-10
Geology: 5-6
Resource Gathering: 34
Bravado: 0-3
Perception: 10
Analysis: 0-23
Scientist: 0-8
Zoology: 2-9
Serendipity: 0-4
Athletics: 4
Biology: 0-11
Alertness: 1-8
Botany: 0-9

Last edited:
Mission Berycled Stage I. Reward: Dexterity 0.64 PED

Dexterity before: 5067.51
Resource Gatherer before: 11.7789

Dexterity after: 5072.05 (Inc.: 4.54 points)
Resource Gatherer after: 11.7907 (Inc.: 0.0018 levels)

Contribution of Dexterity to Resource Gatherer: 4%

I bought a tiny Alertness chip from auction:

Alertness Before: 3356.57
Alertness After: 3361.96 (Inc.: 5.39 points)

RG Before: 11.7907
RG After: 11.7929 (Inc. 0.0022 levels)

Contribution of Alertness to Resource Gatherer: 4%

I've burned about 3 PH-1 (L) and an half of PH-3 (L) yesterday and today, and my Bravado hasn't moved one iota. I'm also starting to doubt about Serendipity.

On a side note, I spoke to my tinfoil hat about presence and suspiciously high weight of Geology, and it said "it's probably there to enable disciple progress".

I realised after posting my skill gains that I might have had a pet spawned, so it's possible that my Bravado gain could have been a taming one that just happened to come at the same time as I was working on a tree.

I realised after posting my skill gains that I might have had a pet spawned, so it's possible that my Bravado gain could have been a taming one that just happened to come at the same time as I was working on a tree.

I'm most likely collecting a bravado reward tomorrow night, I'll relog before I do so and check the profession.

Back