Geology: 6%
Analysis: 14%
Dexterity: 4%
Biology: 6%
Genetics: 1%
Zoology: 5%
Botany: 7%
Alertness: 4%

They add up to 100% so, if (a very big IF) the above is correct, this profession has no unlockables. It approximates reasonably well my own avatar skill set, and also those posted by Norm earlier on.

This solution set does not include Agility, Bravado or Serendipity; I assume people noticed them, while doing other activities: pet handling, defense while chopping the tree, etc... (again, that's IF the above set is correct).

I have included this in the Optmizer, so people can give it a try, and see how it works for them...

This is a first attempt:

Intelligence: 100%
Resource Gathering: 34%
Perception: 10%
Athletics: 4%

They add up to 100% so, if (a very big IF) the above is correct, this profession has no unlockables. It approximates reasonably well my own avatar skill set, and also those posted by Norm earlier on.

This solution set does not include Agility, Bravado or Serendipity; I assume people noticed them, while doing other activities: pet handling, defense while chopping the tree, etc... (again, that's IF the above set is correct).

I have included this in the Optmizer, so people can give it a try, and see how it works for them...

Intelligence: 66
Resource Gathering: 1
Perception: 3959
Athletics: 5302
Geology: 2613
Analysis: 21
Dexterity: 4209
Biology: 13
Genteics: 1
Zoology: 330
Botany: 11
Alertness: 1823

Pro standing: 10.9366

Does it add up?

Intelligence: 66
Resource Gathering: 1
Perception: 3959
Athletics: 5302
Geology: 2613
Analysis: 21
Dexterity: 4209
Biology: 13
Genteics: 1
Zoology: 330
Botany: 11
Alertness: 1823

Pro standing: 10.9366

Does it add up?

yeap.. the optimizer calculates it as 10.93 so, close enough i'd say...

This is a first attempt:

Intelligence: 100%
Resource Gathering: 34%
Perception: 10%
Athletics: 4%

Nice. With your two previous variable eliminations and the six skill sets i have, i'm getting pretty similar results.

Valid solutions (given the error allowed in the solver) are in this range so far:
Int: 4-5
Agi: 0
Psyche: 0
Str: 0

Dext: 4
Perc: 10
Genetics: 0-1
Geology: 6
RG: 34
Bravado: 0
Analysis: 12-13
Scientist: 0-1
Zoology: 5
Ser: 0
Athletics: 4
Bio: 6-7
Bot: 6-7
Alertness: 4

The ambiguity in the bio, botany, and genetics is because it's rare to have very high levels (or very differentiated), combined with the low contribution.

If anyone chips any of these, their before and after results could give a confirmation.

Bravado does indeed have no impact, must have been a pet that caused it as suggested:

Bravado before: 872.05
Bravado after: 1749.89

Pro standing before: 10.9421
Pro standing after: 10.9421

Analysis:

Before: 21.67
After: 362.93

Prostanding:

Before: 10.9421
After: 11.4198

I just got an Athletics mission reward that confirms the 4%, for what that's worth.

Athletics approx. 7222.1 to 7271.5
RG prof 18.1040 to 18.1238

Reactions: das
On a totally off-topic note, how come Resource Gathering Skill Implant (L) is not discovered yet? No one willing to part with 1 PEC of this precious skill for nice swirlies, or it can't be chipped just like Sweat Gatherer?

On a totally off-topic note, how come Resource Gathering Skill Implant (L) is not discovered yet? No one willing to part with 1 PEC of this precious skill for nice swirlies, or it can't be chipped just like Sweat Gatherer?

it's not because I did not try, trust me ;) looks like extraction of RG is bugged or prohibited, or both.

Lowest mean square of errors solution with the latest variable removed (0.00001485) is:
Agi 0
Int 5
Psy 0
Str 0

Dext 4 (constant)
Perc 10 (constant)
Gen 2
Geo 6
RG 34 (constant)
Brav 0
Ana 14 (constant)
Sci 1
Zoo 5
Ser 0
Ath 4 (constant)
Bio 6
Alert 4 (constant)
Bot 5

ETA: Error of the first draft proposed solution is 0.001218, so this fits the data better. It appears there may be 1% from Scientist (or some other unaccounted-for skill), or it could just be rounding errors for the skillsets people have given me.

Last edited:
Lowest mean square of errors solution with the latest variable removed (0.00001485) is:
Agi 0
Int 5
Psy 0
Str 0

Dext 4 (constant)
Perc 10 (constant)
Gen 2
Geo 6
RG 34 (constant)
Brav 0
Ana 14 (constant)
Sci 1
Zoo 5
Ser 0
Ath 4 (constant)
Bio 6
Alert 4 (constant)
Bot 5

ETA: Error of the first draft proposed solution is 0.001218, so this fits the data better. It appears there may be 1% from Scientist (or some other unaccounted-for skill), or it could just be rounding errors for the skillsets people have given me.

I did some scanning of avatars and animals around Boreas, because this activity produces skills gains of a few common skills with RG: Analysis, Biology and Zoology. So, after a few skill gains, it was 99.999% sure that those skills contribute 14%, 6% and 5% respectively.

I'd say that the only uncertainty atm is on Genetics and Botany (and, maybe, Scientist, if that skill contributes at all).

I realised after posting my skill gains that I might have had a pet spawned, so it's possible that my Bravado gain could have been a taming one that just happened to come at the same time as I was working on a tree.

You may be right, but before I found this thread, I'm 100% sure I got an Animal Lore skill gain (more than once) while harvesting and also 100% sure I didn't have a pet spawned when it happened. I remember thinking how odd it seemed, but after the next mini-patch, I never saw Animal Lore skill gains again. I just assumed it was a mistake that was stealthily fixed in the patch.

I also saw a Bravado skill gain at some point, but there were two times on my first run that mobs attacked me while harvesting, so (while I don't actually remember) I assumed it was during one of those times.

Back