PLEASE Stop Adding New Loot

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
SO, finally went out last night to check outt his wood harvesting thing. Here's some direct quotes from me ingame:

JohnCapital said:
2015-06-18 02:21:15 [Society] [John Teacher Capital] FFS!!!! 9+ other boards already ingame for 10 years that they couldn't figure out what to do with and now more!!?!?!?!!?

JohnCapital said:
2015-06-18 04:24:07 [Society] [John Teacher Capital] Irony = killing a mob in my way and looting shortfirn board
Yeah, I looted a type of wood by hunting that I can't (seemingly) by harvesting.

Why on the whole wide world of whatevdafuq did you NOT use boards that were already ingame? Were you really that worried that folks would loot more by hunting than harvesting? A silly worry. Were you worried that the intended MU on these boards might help some hunters on some mobs? Still a bad worry.

Here's some quotes from my old Tutorial on Veneer back in 2009. You remember veneer, right? An attempt to make boards useful.
Q: So what can I craft with the Veneer?
A: At the moment, only textures
Q: But don't I lose my markup?
A: True. Veneer has almost zero markup
Q: So why should I bother refining my boards at all?
A: You're welcome.

That was also a hint to you guys @ MA to, oh I dunno, find other uses for wood. Veneer was introduced, and pretty much nothing was done with it. The amount of useful BPs using wood is a bit thin.

Now the perfect situation comes along and you seem (so far) to have completely ignored all the lumber already previously placed ingame.

WHY?? We already have all these other boards.

FFS, if you aren't going to do anything with them, at LEAST combine all the long, short and reg boards together, like you did with light, med, heavy ammo.

In short: Please stop adding new items, and simply use the loot we already have ingame.
Thank you

Last edited:
relax.jpg

Take it easy, its 3 new types of wood that can only be found by chopping down trees. I think they should be special, as chopping down trees is the first activity I've found that makes Sweating exciting. ;)

Although that could be down to me being rubbish at it, I've heard of people getting so much they are overweight at the end of a run through the forest.

The three different types of wood are to give players a reason to buy and use the more expensive tree finder / extractor tool.

PS: Storage boxes are really cheap you know.... :)

relax.jpg

Take it easy, its 3 new types of wood that can only be found by chopping down trees. I think they should be special, as chopping down trees is the first activity I've found that makes Sweating exciting. ;)

Although that could be down to me being rubbish at it, I've heard of people getting so much they are overweight at the end of a run through the forest.

Spice it up and fruit-walk at the same time, true bear grylls, Bushtucker man survival mode :D.

Good tucker.

must spread rep around blahblah.

PS: I agree JC, but guess wait and see what the house part bp's are i guess.

Last edited:
I've said it before, MA is on a rampaging campaign to destroy any and all markup over the past 4-5 years, if there is mu people depo less, if people depo less then there is a chance of withdrawing; I think ma wants to reduce withdraws and increase deposits. IMO its working very well

More junk to throw in storage to never be seen again :cool:

Is it me? I feel like I've made this point before over loot.

As I've said before, there's reality, virtual reality, and MA reality. MA reality is also commonly referred to as la-la land.

You'd think they could at least use one old (hunting loot), one new in the bp for the planks. Even if it doesn't create markup, if there was at least a USE for the damn things it would be nice.

Its the same as its always been, JC. Similar to when they added cable and mechano matrix components when they already had 15+ others to choose from. Like sidxx says, MA is trying to limit MU gain as much as possible. That is why 80%+ of loot is ammo and shrapnel now. Sure MU of the actual loot went up, but its quantity lowered, so you're in the same sinking boat you were in before, but you don't need to buy ammo this time. MA keeps you shooting, decaying, losing, for longer. The point is, its the same as everything else with these boards.:rolleyes:

That being said, personally I enjoy the new harvesting profession. I did it the whole first 2 days, and there is definitely a niche for some people there. I hope that they take it a step further and add other naturals to be harvested like boulders for house foundations, and flora transplanting. :cool:

Two important materials are still missing in the loot:
  • tar,
  • feathers.

Last edited:
A) JC, I'm with you on this to a point. They should absolutely never introduce something into the game unless they also introduce a use for it. This drives me nuts, too.

B) The other thing that drives me nuts is when MA adds something new to the game and everyone lines up to start pissing and moaning that the new item is some plot by MA to reduce MU on everything else. If they want to reduce the MU on something, all they need to do is increase the drop rate. Conversely, they raise the MU by decreasing the drop rate. They certainly do not need to introduce completely new items and mechanics.

C) MA seems to have a knee-jerk way of adding new systems to the game. Everyone pissed and moaned that we needed cars and spaceships, so they spent a silly amount of time developing a half-assed vehicle system, and space travel, and space pirates...

Then people pissed and moaned that we need fishing and farming. Well, now we have a half-assed version of farming. WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN "SWEATING TREES". If you are not a noob sweat hog, this is probably not something you need to waste time on.

It is not the end of the economy or the game or the world, or whatever.

Assuming that the new lumber is being implemented for home building, maybe they will also use the other types of wood, too. At the very least, all of this home-building should increase the demand for furniture and that should increase the demand for lumber and veneers.

I started righting a post agreeing with you the problem is that half way through I've come to the realisation that I just don't give a toss any more.

MA can and will add as much crap as they want and will continue to do so because they want new systems to rely on the existing stuff as little as possible. They're getting as bad as the mobile game makers.

Last edited:
SO, finally went out last night to check outt his wood harvesting thing. Here's some direct quotes from me ingame:

Yeah, I looted a type of wood by hunting that I can't (seemingly) by harvesting.

Why on the whole wide world of whatevdafuq did you NOT use boards that were already ingame? Were you really that worried that folks would loot more by hunting than harvesting? A silly worry. Were you worried that the intended MU on these boards might help some hunters on some mobs? Still a bad worry.

Here's some quotes from my old Tutorial on Veneer back in 2009. You remember veneer, right? An attempt to make boards useful.

That was also a hint to you guys @ MA to, oh I dunno, find other uses for wood. Veneer was introduced, and pretty much nothing was done with it. The amount of useful BPs using wood is a bit thin.

Now the perfect situation comes along and you seem (so far) to have completely ignored all the lumber already previously placed ingame.

WHY?? We already have all these other boards.

FFS, if you aren't going to do anything with them, at LEAST combine all the long, short and reg boards together, like you did with light, med, heavy ammo.

In short: Please stop adding new items, and simply use the loot we already have ingame.
Thank you

I think part of the problem may be items that are sitting in abandoned accounts. Stuff like short firm boards drop from noob mobs, so it's not a good thing to base a new system on.

Still agree that way too much different kinds of loots in game though.

How can something like entropedia possibly keep up with all of it?

I think part of the problem may be items that are sitting in abandoned accounts. Stuff like short firm boards drop from noob mobs, so it's not a good thing to base a new system on.

Still agree that way too much different kinds of loots in game though.

How can something like entropedia possibly keep up with all of it?

Surely that is not a problem.
New system is very much so available to noobs as well, with highest lvl harvesting tool (currently) requiring lvl 6.

yes of course.

I shall slowly back away now and shup, backing away slow.

Dont have to shup, we tend to buy JC a new storage box and he is happy ....

until the next Version Update. ;)

PS: If anyone had said a year ago we'd be sweating trees this year, I'd have laughed!!

Well, I'm not laughing now! :sweat:

Dont have to shup, we tend to buy JC a new storage box and he is happy ....

until the next Version Update. ;)

PS: If anyone had said a year ago we'd be sweating trees this year, I'd have laughed!!

Well, I'm not laughing now! :sweat:

I think JC makes a good point, from a players point of view. I have shared that point of view for... a long time now.

I'm trying to connect 2 different problems as 1 problem.

Way back, it was fun to try and figure out damage from mobs. It was fun to help entropedia. These things aren't fun, nor admirable now.

Now where and wat you loot is serious business, share that info,? can I join yer soc?

EL kinda took care of that problem, just look up someone to see wat they hunt, if you actually find a good thing in the universe, everyone knows if you have yer EL profile public. and if your EL profile isn't public EL knows anyway.

The second problem is the ever increasing number of items, it's way to hard to figure out if the thing you have has any value, except for the TT value. I hate to say it but I dun think I understood that difference for about a year after I started playing.

Meh, that is my view, seems to me that MA has to make new stuff due to old stuff being stuck in old or inactive accounts, prolly that is the loot managers job.

Fix that problem.

hehehe I'm going to back up from myself at this point, felt good though :D

The second problem is the ever increasing number of items, it's way to hard to figure out if the thing you have has any value, except for the TT value. I hate to say it but I dun think I understood that difference for about a year after I started playing.

You new(ish) players dont know how easy you have it now. Not you in particular, of course "new" as in joined after 2008/9 :)

Every item for the past 7 or so years has had a graph button that shows its day / week / month and year price.

You know what we old(er) players had to rely on?

This:

http://www.mytwopecs.com/

It's woefully out of date but amazingly the website still runs.

So sometimes I see threads saying "how things used to be so good in the old days".... and sometimes I think well.....not everything was!

Anyway, you have too many items? sell them, store them or TT them. It's not that hard to do!

You new(ish) players dont know how easy you have it now. Not you in particular, of course "new" as in joined after 2008/9 :)

Every item for the past 7 or so years has had a graph button that shows its day / week / month and year price.

This:

It's woefully out of date but amazingly the website still runs.

So sometimes I see threads saying "how things used to be so good in the old days".... and sometimes I think well.....not everything was!

Anyway, you have too many items? sell them, store them or TT them. It's not that hard to do!
how many will you buy and at wat markup? I has some stuffs. Pretty good stuffs I think. Buy it at a fair price I just melt away, all gone.

This:

It's woefully out of date but amazingly the website still runs

yea that was a long long time ago.

If you have played recently you would know that we have in game auction data stuffs now. Wat is yur point?

nevermind, I wish this universe game thing was back in the 2pecs days.

Just curious how does one get a TP named after one? Afree range TP, not a paid for land area one.

I, for one, won't be staying awake for an answer to dis Q. Uzo :D.

Last edited:
As many others stated, the plethora of different types of loot drives me nuts as well. Even now, I find stuff that I never knew existed in loot... I get excited... only to see that there hasn't been any sales in Auction this year, and not because rarity.
I'm not sure what the thinking is (if any), other than it may make new players happy to see different things in the loot window.

Sorry... computer brain fart (double posting).

As many others stated, the plethora of different types of loot drives me nuts as well. Even now, I find stuff that I never knew existed in loot... I get excited... only to see that there hasn't been any sales in Auction this year, and not because rarity.
I'm not sure what the thinking is (if any), other than it may make new players happy to see different things in the loot window.

The only valid reason I can even think of is so that they can stop dropping it again in a future update and not affect anything else.

Think how many BP's can't be crafted because one or resources have become incredibly rare, then new bp's are released that rely on new resources as replacements which in time go the same way.

It's been the sop for MA and Calypso for quite a while. I just don't get angry about this sort of crap from MA, I just don't care enough any more.

Last edited:
The only valid reason I can even think of is so that they can stop dropping it again in a future update and not affect anything else.

Think how many BP's can't be crafted because one or resources have become incredibly rare, then new bp's are released that rely on new resources as replacements which in time go the same way.

It's been the sop for MA and Calypso for quite a while.

And it has always made me wonder...why...why do they always do this? Why?

How does doing this benefit them in any way? There must be a monetary incentive for them to do so, I believe...as do all their other actions.

What monetary incentive is there for them to keep adding in "new itamz (items)" and removing of the old ones?

:duh: I did NOT mean you had to place a ton of good loot into the webstore.

FFS

I hope that they take it a step further and add other naturals to be harvested like boulders for house foundations, and flora transplanting. :cool:

Cotton fields??? As they already got the whips.....Cos thats how were starting to feel like....that should hopefully lead to a demand for sunscreen..... Win win

Last edited:
:duh: I did NOT mean you had to place a ton of good loot into the webstore.

FFS

well, I got some of those boxes... ok, maybe 100 or so. was fun to open them.

now I have a bunch of pills. Lots of them, way to many to actually use effectively I think. When this was a universe I got the point, I think. Now I'm chasing a dream :(

I is getting very tired.

I realised I was chasing something that was always moving and unless I massively increased my deposits I had no chance of reaching it or even keeping up with the changes, I stopped depositing instead :laugh:

Back