New Graphics card,No Sound in game at all.

jod

Elite
Society
Antipodean Army
Jod Jod Ekul
Just wondering if there are any tech savvy people can help me with my sound issue.

The memory module on my 7870 crapped out yesterday so I replaced it with a GTX750ti and since doing so I have no sound in game at all.

Sound works in other areas (youtube etc..) but I get nothing at all in game.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Can post further specs if required.......

Thanks.

Are you in Arkadia,
I read that there are sound problems there.

I am although I had weapon/global etc... sounds in all areas before changing cards and ambient music on certain areas where as now its nothing anywhere.

Thanks mate,I'll have a read ;)

LMAO I just re-watched that whole series last week so yeah I tried that :D

LMAO I just re-watched that whole series last week so yeah I tried that :D

Have you checked the speakers are turned on? :laugh:

-----------

ESC / Options / Sound.

Answer may be in there, post a piccy, might just need something adjusted, volume raised etc.

Have you checked the speakers are turned on? :laugh:

I got sound from the IT crowd clip you posted so yeah I think I've got that covered :ahh:

Perhaps it's the playback device selection in windows. Might have enabled HDMI audio while installing new drivers for the video card when you are perhaps using a connector of some on-board sound card... I would disable all playback devices you do not use and set the one needed to the default.

Need to log in after changing that setting for changes to take effect if that is the case.

Reactions: jod
Perhaps it's the playback device selection in windows. Might have enabled HDMI audio while installing new drivers for the video card when you are perhaps using a connector of some on-board sound card... I would disable all playback devices you do not use and set the one needed to the default.

Need to log in after changing that setting for changes to take effect if that is the case.

It looks like this was the issue.

It had the proper source selected as default but I went and disabled everything else anyway and I appear to have sound now.

Thank you very much!!!

I HAD sound but as I get intro sound and weapon sounds in service centres but nothing out in the field I'm guessing its an Ark problem now.

Last edited:
Back