Athena spaceport now useless!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Why did MA make the main area around the Athena TP a vehicle free zone??? :scratch2: Athena has been the best place to jump in a QUAD and enter space within moments! Now, you can't spawn your ship anywhere and even when u run to the platforms, which are too far away, finding a suitable spot is very difficult!

Calypso devs, fix this now. Its a bloody spaceport for crying out loud!, QUADs are supposed to land and take off near the TP and service center. Those huts u added wont be visited if there is no longer any point going to Athena!

Stupid stupid decision!

Yeah I always launched into space from there. Sucks.

A spaceport where you cannot use spaceships...?

Interesting concept.

Support you. It has become pretty useless.

Ya that was really dumb on ma's part.

Aye, have switched back to port atlantis mall now for space landing and takeoff - now athena lost all reasons to go there.

Agreed, it was perfect as a spaceport. Now its just silly.

Why did MA make the main area around the Athena TP a vehicle free zone??? :scratch2: Athena has been the best place to jump in a QUAD and enter space within moments! Now, you can't spawn your ship anywhere and even when u run to the platforms, which are too far away, finding a suitable spot is very difficult!

Calypso devs, fix this now. Its a bloody spaceport for crying out loud!, QUADs are supposed to land and take off near the TP and service center. Those huts u added wont be visited if there is no longer any point going to Athena!

Stupid stupid decision!

Perhaps they could add a dedicate launch pad area with its own TP to make things easier. Funny, I never thought to use Athena to jump into space, didn't think about the altitude benefit.

i also used athena to jump into space... a spaceport without the possibility to go into space is just ....(enter whatever you like)

Agree... pls allow vehicles there
DRM

Agreed. Now it's pointless to go there

You guys serious!?

I always spawn my quad where I stand. No reason to TP anywhere? :scratch2:

But I get the point.

for the love..
everyday i read this forum I shake my head at more and more reasons for me to not log in again.
When I did go to the "spaceport" I couldn't enter any of the new buildings...??

Spaceport you cant use to get into space... get Fu@&ed

Such a beautiful spaceport. Why spoil the view with spaceships.

I totally agree a spaceport with no easy spawn point near trade centre is singularly pointless. :banghead:
Even if you run to the launch pads the televators mean you have to try and spawn quad right on the edge which is a pain.

Athena has always been my jump off point for space as it removes the boringly long ascent from other points on planet.

When I pop to planet during scheduled warps to grab stuff I put on 'collect later' every second counts as I need to return to the MS to summon passengers within minutes.
This has made it so I don't also have time for a quick check of AH, so at least it saves me spending ped I guess :laugh:

and as for those other buildings.. does anyone actually think they have any relevance at all ?

I totally agree a spaceport with no easy spawn point near trade centre is singularly pointless. :banghead:
Even if you run to the launch pads the televators mean you have to try and spawn quad right on the edge which is a pain.

Athena has always been my jump off point for space as it removes the boringly long ascent from other points on planet.

When I pop to planet during scheduled warps to grab stuff I put on 'collect later' every second counts as I need to return to the MS to summon passengers within minutes.
This has made it so I don't also have time for a quick check of AH, so at least it saves me spending ped I guess :laugh:

and as for those other buildings.. does anyone actually think they have any relevance at all ?

A funny thing about the Athena new buildings, is that they are private building, but...
McCormick managed to get inside those to find them... empty.

Beautifull.

PLANET CALYPSO RELEASE NOTES 2015.2
2015-06-15

Partner Buildings in Athena Spaceport
Several new temporary structures have been implemented on Calypso in cooperation with several new real-world Entropia Universe partners.

• Human Flourishing Universe (HFU) - A purpose-driven VR platform for education and collaboration on business, social, health, wellbeing, environment issues with a gameplay built on compassion and altruism stimulating human advancement.
  • Planet Employability (PLE) is a leading emerging planet in the new Human Flourishing Universe (HFU), here you can link to the PLE Module where participants can complete an employability skills audit and undertake missions and assignments to improve their employability skills and/or engage in a digital internship.
  • Hub Culture is a collaboration network with activities online and in the real world. The Hub Culture Estate at the Athena Spaceport offers an environment for connections and social interactions among Hub Culture members around the world. Additional functions are available inside Hub Culture at a corresponding Spaceport within the social network. (www.hubculture.com/pavilions/spaceport)

I guess it is up to the partners what they decide to do with their buildings.

Reactions: SHY
I guess it is up to the partners what they decide to do with their buildings.

Thanks for pointing this out!! :) +rep

I am looking forward with big interest to see what the area will be developed to.
It's awsome to know that Mindark is getting new planet partners and expanding this game (by doing something like this already) and that they are focussing on nowadays interests.

By doing this new social network environment (project?) it might be great chance to promote this game hopefully.

I googled a bit. Found this: http://humanflourishinguniverse.com/

Last edited:
Yeah, I also searched and found that page and I'm so confused about what the whole thing is about...

Even in late 2017 this thread is still funny. A spaceport made obesolete by the use of esa. The European Space Agency.. :scratch2:

A long and forgotten project by ma? Or ..?

bah, just convert it back in to a golf course like you did when Tiger Woods type click bait was what Mindark was all about.

Even in late 2017 this thread is still funny. A spaceport made obesolete by the use of esa. The European Space Agency.. :scratch2:

A long and forgotten project by ma? Or ..?

Feels like a lot of EU are "projects" that get started but never are completed. :silly2:

WAKE UP MA...:yay::yay::yay:

Faceof is Dynamic...:lolup:
Faceof...:cool:

bah, just convert it back in to a golf course like you did when Tiger Woods type click bait was what Mindark was all about.

Agree, miss my nice mining place.

You know, that old yellow wall enclosed LZ at Port Atlantis, where the passenger liner and a couple of proto-VTOLS were on display would have been a perfect place for players to spawn vehicles, launch, land, etc.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

SCREENSHOT_20060504083108223.JPG

Back