Info: Resotration Chips - "switch" cooldown

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
Hello,

yesterday i have written support case asking about two questions - one of them is important: what is exact "switch" cooldown on those new chips. Read following copy/paste support for more details.

I am still waiting for answer and will post it as soon i get it but before someone buys any of those chips in my opinion its better to wait first for the answer from support.

2015-06-19 13:48 You wrote:
Hello,

i would like to ask two questions about those new chips that can be obtained by doing this new Mission Galactica chain quest:
1) are those chips working similar to i.e. Arsonistic Chips - so player can use it and almost imidietly switch to other weapons/tools? And if so - what is the minimum cooldown before change to weapon can be made. This info is not included in any of those similar items and has different factor, for example:
- Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition has "switch" cooldown around 1.2-1.3 sec and uses are 5 per minute (so full cooldown is 12sec)
- First Gen Combustive Chip V has "switch" cooldown around 6sec and uses per minute are also 5 (so full cooldown is 12sec)
So you can see this parameter is somehow "hidden" and differs for each Chip and can't be "figured out" from other stats.
Thats why i am asking about this "switch" cooldown.

2) those chip have very nice heal/pec ratio (even without knowing exact decay - the durability and ME used can be counted for worst case eco which is still nice). Question is - how players can be sure that they will buy any of those chips now and later the chip statistics will be changed due to balancing reasons?
In my previous support case about changing stats on ruby kanin (and other pets) i mentioned this subject that it may undermine trust in investing in valuable items and to be honest i am little afraid similar thing may happen to those chips too.
Dont get me wrong - i know sometimes balancing is needed - i fully understand that. But also having some waranty that when player sees some statistics and decides to make the purchase - he can be sure they will not change.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Kind regards,
Falagor

Falagor
:bandit:

ah nice,good questions,im very interested in the answers

I'm just guessing, but normal cool down prevents you from using the same tool again within the constrained time period. I'm guessing 'switch' cool down would prevent you from changing to another tool immediately after use.

I'm just guessing, but normal cool down prevents you from using the same tool again within the constrained time period. I'm guessing 'switch' cool down would prevent you from changing to another tool immediately after use.

Problem is - there is no "switch" cooldown visible yet it IS a factor but hidden. So items have this statistic but its not in item description... Thats why i asked the qustion ;).

@edit:
"switch" cooldown is term i used for describing real behavior ;).

Falagor

Great questions and lets see what SC say on these; thanks for posting.

Regards,
Vi

Hello,

yesterday i have written support case asking about two questions - one of them is important: what is exact "switch" cooldown on those new chips. Read following copy/paste support for more details.

I am still waiting for answer and will post it as soon i get it but before someone buys any of those chips in my opinion its better to wait first for the answer from support.

Falagor

About question 2)

//
2) those chip have very nice heal/pec ratio (even without knowing exact decay - the durability and ME used can be counted for worst case eco which is still nice). Question is - how players can be sure that they will buy any of those chips now and later the chip statistics will be changed due to balancing reasons?
In my previous support case about changing stats on ruby kanin (and other pets) i mentioned this subject that it may undermine trust in investing in valuable items and to be honest i am little afraid similar thing may happen to those chips too.
Dont get me wrong - i know sometimes balancing is needed - i fully understand that. But also having some waranty that when player sees some statistics and decides to make the purchase - he can be sure they will not change.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Kind regards,
Falagor
//

They can asure you and give waranty that stats will not change.
But you know where we can put that waranty...

Examples

- ES500 - stats are not changed, it still have range 80 meters, 24 uses per minute, veight 3kg, 70 ped TT value and something les than 1 pec per use.
But MA still managed to kill its MU from 15.000 peds to 1000 ped and by the way they managed to kill all investigator professions too.
That is like your gun have same stats but from now on will do damage once in every 5 minutes.

- resurection chip there were stats changes , there was period that chip was worth more than 40k but what killed its mu was not changed reload from 5 to 2 and lately improved to 3 uses/minute, but introduction of revival terminals in beacons, revival terminals practicaly on every LA ect.

-TP chips - not changed in any way but we got wehicles and teleporters on every LA.

-wormhole chip - not changed but was forbiden usage in space (cristal palace in that time), teleporters on every LA and what killed it finaly - changes (You must find open space) - ie area where can land 5 Vtols is sudenly too small for chip to work - and chip stats are not changed - it still use 67800 ME per click, have still 2 uses per minute ect.
Also on that chip MA managed to kill MU and produce great looses to owners and lower useability.

- item or resource needed to craft something with expensive BP sudenly stop to drop but BP is still same nothing changet except that BP become worthles...

Need stop here if not it turn in whining thread.
Will be interesting to see their answer, well if they answer.

Back