PC: Estate Plots

Gewitter

Elite
Society
Deep Core Mining
Andrey Andy Russian
Yesterday I saw an Estate Plot at auction (but seems to me that 5-10K for smallest plot is too high price). I really do not want to release the money to buy CLD, so I would like to know for how much you can buy the smallest Plot or Small+. For me, the price in 2000-3000 ped seems reasonable, so you can offer me land in private message. Any ideas about price?

Price is hard to determine right now, as you don't know, what we will be able to do with it next.

Imagine we can buy houses at low prices with the textures we like: a plot is worth a ton.
Imagine we can buy only one house type, all the same and it will cost 20k... a plot is worth 2k max.

Currently your CLDs lose a lot of their value when switching to (X). The seller bought a plot for minimum 25 CLDs (he bought early), will lose 100 PEDs minimum on each = 25*200 = 2500 PEDs costs without any profit. You should wait until the price for CLD (X) is stable, then you can determine the price better.

The seller bought a plot for minimum 25 CLDs (he bought early)
Yesterday was 23 CLD, and now price is lower, but I understand. CLD (X) without possibility of claiming must be cheaper for 200 PED, this was increase after Plots offer. So if buyer will take a plot for 10-15 CLD (it is possible I think), price for smallest plot will be 2000-3000 PED?

I think, in theory you may be right. But I doubt, people get it at such a low rate (10 CLDs for 20x20).

I am also guided by the price of old houses, which do not exceed 5000 ped atm, and in case of old houses you get home, instead of a blank area, too away from the teleport and you will need to invest money to build something. As a result, construction cost will be in any case higher than the price of the plot.

Nevertheless, if you have other opinions, I would like to know them ;)

While I agree it seems 5-10k is high for the small plot, I expect the small+ and larger plots to go for a much higher cost.

The reason for this is that the small+ requires 1500 composite planks to claim. These planks have a TT value of 1 ped each, and current market value on them is well over 600%. The Medium plot required 3k planks, and the large requires 5k planks. Factor in the market value of the planks, the (potential) loss of value in the change from CLD to CLD (X), and the actual cost of the CLDs, I'd expect them to price out something like this:

Small+ 15k
Medium 22k
Large 35-40k

Yes, I know the individual claiming the plot doesn't actually lose the deed, it just gets converted, but you still have to factor in some extra costs there, considering they actually purchased the CLD's and tied up those peds for a long time, while someone trying to buy a plot from auction didn't make any such purchases.

I think lower then 2-3k for a small plot, unless they will be really rare. Heck for 3k i come fly over to caly to claim one right now :)

Back