CLD & CLD(X) Value ?

Antrace

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Antrace Letale Very
Hello,

If we consider that inside the CLD price there is the option to get a "free" plot land, CLD value should be higher than CLDX

But, since the plot is stated by MA as free, the value of CLDX should be the same as CLD, with only the no right to claim the plot.

Anyway, if we look at CLD price before and after that MA announced the incoming chances to claim the land using the CLD, the spread between the 2 share should be 100 ped (CLD jumped from 1550 (average weekly price) to 1650).

So after VU i would have expected the CLD(X)'s value at 1500, so my question is Why are people buying CLDX at a price little less than CLD one?

is it so, because the CLD value is given by annual expected income and not for its right to claim the land?

I'm really interested to your all opinions, since i would buy the right to claim a plot, but i need to evaluated its right price (that should be the difference in value between the CLD and CLDX).

Regards
Antrace

Last edited:
As both get the same weekly payout for those who aren't going to claim a land plot then there is no real difference between them. As it appears the landplot owners get a deed then I'm sure many will end up on auction quite quickly.

If the demand for them was fuelled by the land plots then I'm sure there would be a bigger difference but there's a finite number and tbh the landplots appear to be little better than standard apartments but with a hugely inflated price due to the resources required to build them.

Plus the people selling the CLDx probably want the ped back from buying the CLD and are listing them at roughly the same price or watching the CLD and just keeping it slightly lower.

Last edited:
It will take a while for the price of CLDX/CLDx to find somekind of balance, to find the right price difference. It will have a difference, the question is how big.

I think, the difference is only right now, as ppl are afraid of what's coming. As only very few people are taking plots (most are not claimed yet), the prices will be soon the same again.

the prices will be soon the same again.

I highly doubt this.
I think the price difference wIll be getting bigger which each land plot claimed.

Important question: how many waves of plot lands has MA announced?

Because it is pretty clear that once the last wave is released, the normal CLD should have no advantage over a CLD X, and thus drop in price to align with the CLD X.

Important question: how many waves of plot lands has MA announced?

Because it is pretty clear that once the last wave is released, the normal CLD should have no advantage over a CLD X, and thus drop in price to align with the CLD X.

They announced only one (which is over). They did not speak about future ones and did not promis. They also did not promise to have enough plots so that all CLDs will be ever used.

I think, it's likely, that we get more plots in the far future, but it would be uncommong for MA to release more plots soon.

With that amount of CLDs ingame, the price will be the same in no time. If it would täke 1k deeds to claim one plot, then maybe yes there would be price difference, but atm most likely 90% of CLDs will never be used to claim plot, so there is no reason to have price difference in them.

The CLD should be worth more than CLDX. CLDX just gives you the weekly 3-4Ped payout, while a bunch of CLDs gets you a block of land, which can be resold for a few thousand PED currently depending on location. The attached value of a CLD currently far out ways that of a CLDX and players are wasting PED to pay the same price for CLDX as CLD.

They announced only one (which is over). They did not speak about future ones and did not promis. They also did not promise to have enough plots so that all CLDs will be ever used.

I think, it's likely, that we get more plots in the far future, but it would be uncommong for MA to release more plots soon.

Yes they did. Check second half of first paragraph here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274909-CLD-Estate-Plots

It says pretty much "The first ones are in game and more are on the way".

You play long enough to know, that this is not any promise at all. Remember how long hangar owners got told, that Hangars get a use? Or that Taming will be back?

When M promises something, the statements are lot more precice, and even then it can take years.

As said above: I assume, we get more plots, but MA did not make any lcear statement, that half sentence is not what I call a a promise.

With that amount of CLDs ingame, the price will be the same in no time. If it would täke 1k deeds to claim one plot, then maybe yes there would be price difference, but atm most likely 90% of CLDs will never be used to claim plot, so there is no reason to have price difference in them.

It still don't change the fact they CLD are better to have than CLD(X), so it should always be a price difference, but some people are stupid so who knows..... :silly2:

How big difference is an other issue, hard to tell.

Back