Developers of Next Island?

I though we found out that it was MA a while back. Or was I imagining it :scratch2:

I though we found out that it was MA a while back. Or was I imagining it :scratch2:

My understanding was that it had defaulted back to MindArk and MA had decided to call it an "outpost" with no new active development or anything...kind of like a hibernation state. See this link: http://www.nextisland.com/

However, now there seems to be more active goings on e.g. event, Ancient Greece free to use all items, new mobs (Bruce?:scratch2:):eyecrazy: so seems to have undergone some kind of status change if not new ownership?:scratch2:

Although I don't like what they have done with AG, I do understand that its most probably been done to start to generate some revenue from Next Island, and hopefully, that revenue will be ploughed back into more development and fixes of broken missions. Maybe also restoring AG to what it was before as well.

Although I don't like what they have done with AG, I do understand that its most probably been done to start to generate some revenue from Next Island, and hopefully, that revenue will be ploughed back into more development and fixes of broken missions. Maybe also restoring AG to what it was before as well.

It'd be nice to see if Ancient Greece could reach its full potential, maybe eventually even have a Boss Creature like Hussk / Kong.

MA (or more likely, the Planet Calypso team) has recently made some major rearrangements on Next Island and also released some new content. Part of the former NI territory that had a special "shared" status has now been given over to another PP (Rocktropia). As there's no official announcement that's all we know.
Well, from the playerbase POW those legal finesses don't matter much anyway, important is the end result.
Some of us like the changes, some don't but i think everyone agrees - at least now the life goes on and instead of a dead planet there's a hope for the future. In the big picture it's a good thing. :yup:

According to this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?275073-Huge-gratz-to-Wild-man

NI is being developed again and even running events (see post by BenCoyote in above thread).

I'm wondering who exactly is developing NI now or running it? :scratch2: Does it have a new forum? any details welcome

It's unclear who but Next Islands last update (631MB):

- A.G open to all
- new mobs added
- some new type of events added but not fully working yet (a shooting gallery on a new race track)
- Taming (bugged with wrong mob as of now)
- ND land area removed and placed on RT as the Secret Island
- Most all mob spawns have been moved or removed
- No more brown Pappoo
- Village boar nerfed a bit
- New tress have been added but tree farming seems not to be working as of yet.

What I found on my sort visit anyway

It's unclear who but Next Islands last update (631MB):

- A.G open to all
- new mobs added
- some new type of events added but not fully working yet (a shooting gallery on a new race track)
- Taming (bugged with wrong mob as of now)
- ND land area removed and placed on RT as the Secret Island
- Most all mob spawns have been moved or removed
- No more brown Pappoo
- Village boar nerfed a bit
- New tress have been added but tree farming seems not to be working as of yet.

What I found on my sort visit anyway

They have also reworked stats on some of mobs. All the drakes have lower maturity spawn, but with higher HP and Lvl. Also alot of improvments to spawn density :)

brown papoo are still there. It took a little for me to find for patch. there on the far left of the sand, at the bottom right of map. is a massive wave event

brown papoo are still there. It took a little for me to find for patch. there on the far left of the sand, at the bottom right of map. is a massive wave event

Brown Papoo (10hp) [137549,84038]
Grey Papoo (120hp) [136925,83462]
Red Papoo (30hp) [137714,83176]
Yellow Papoo (30hp) [137261,83462]

The notes I made above were made before the recent patch.

I've not been back to Next Island to check, but back when I hunted them, I had to do all 4 types to be able to receive the 1 Agility reward. Is it different now?

Back