Next Island known issues

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The mission Bruce challenge is currently not active, any kills at this time will not count to a reward.

Please see future release notes for further updates on this situation.

Originally Posted Here

Oh dear this is going to be a tipping point.

Code:
3.13 Discussion of other Planet Partners
Discussion of other planet partners within Entropia Universe should take place in the “Other Planet Partners” forum. Advertising or recruiting for other Planets is not allowed. Any posts in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice.

I'd rather hear the entropia universe issue rather than it be buried in a sub-forum under some kind of pinickitiness. Thx bibuy.

This is utter bullshit and i dare to say a scam!! the mission is active, it gave instructions what to do, as the sign was active! it clearly stated that the first person to shoot 5k Bruce will then get the banana and claim the LA!! Brent followed those instructions and now they are reneging on what was written in game as instructions to follow!!! This really is a step too far!!

This is utter bullshit and i dare to say a scam!! the mission is active, it gave instructions what to do, as the sign was active! it clearly stated that the first person to shoot 5k Bruce will then get the banana and claim the LA!! Brent followed those instructions and now they are reneging on what was written in game as instructions to follow!!! This really is a step too far!!

Ps to those that dont know, you had to click on the mission sign and then the instructions came up on screen! if thats not active, I dont know what is!

I'll just play devils advocate here :)

1) Rules say 5000 kills, on something like this I'd expect a mission with a counter; was there a mission & counter? Although this doesn't absolve MA it should have set off alarm bells, and wildman should have at least sent a support before starting the mission.

2) Rules also say you need the banana, does wildman have the banana? In the cyrene epic mission you not only need to kill all the mobs but also have amber, and you won't necessarily loot the amber while killing all the mobs in the mission.

I'll just play devils advocate here :)

1) Rules say 5000 kills, on something like this I'd expect a mission with a counter; was there a mission & counter? Although this doesn't absolve MA it should have set off alarm bells, and wildman should have at least sent a support before starting the mission.

2) Rules also say you need the banana, does wildman have the banana? In the cyrene epic mission you not only need to kill all the mobs but also have amber, and you won't necessarily loot the amber while killing all the mobs in the mission.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/1/1/8/8/timestamped_bruce_rules2.jpg

It has only taken how long to hear anything official about known problems there?

I've read that and I'm sure you'll agree it's unclear.

It says first one to have the banana and then later says the first one to kill 5000. These are contradictory unless 5000 kills award the banana, but nowhere does it state this, and if there wasn't an actual mission in your log book then there's no way to get a banana automatically after 5000 kills.

With such unclear rules anyone rushing headfirst at this must surely know things may not go as expected, and that there's something wrong with the mission.

Add to this the fact that there was no announcement about such a big mission and, no matter how much you scream and shout, you know there was something fishy here from the start

I've read that and I'm sure you'll agree it's unclear.

It says first one to have the banana and then later says the first one to kill 5000. These are contradictory unless 5000 kills award the banana, but nowhere does it state this, and if there wasn't an actual mission in your log book then there's no way to get a banana automatically after 5000 kills.

With such unclear rules anyone rushing headfirst at this must surely know things may not go as expected, and that there's something wrong with the mission.

Add to this the fact that there was no announcement about such a big mission and, no matter how much you scream and shout, you know there was something fishy here from the start

No it says to send a support ticket, I think you are going too far devils advocate here mate, the instructions were on an active sign, are we not to believe anything we see in this game now?

ps there are several missions like this ingame where it is more about stamina as much as anything, hence no kill counter.

Classic MA fuck-up.
I feel sorry for Wildman.

There has be instances in the past where players have been refunded for broken missions. I don't know what the qualifying criteria are, however would certainly be worth while for the person who has not received the award to check this out.

I have the details if needed :)

The discussion sounds like RT but the title says Next Island. Is this about the fragment of NI that migrated to RT during the last VU?

WTF is a Bruce?

It seems like an awful lot has been done on the downlow for a major scandal to be made out of it.

The mission Bruce challenge is currently not active, any kills at this time will not count to a reward.

THE F@%$(#& ACTIVE SIGN CLEARLY STATED GO SHOOT BRUCE SO I DID, WHY WAS THIS NOT POSTED IN A FORUM OR SOMETHING ANYWHERE WHEN THE SIGN WAS FIRST PUT UP!!!!!!! I GOOGLED EVERYTHING I COULD FIND ON NI AND BRUCE NOTHING WAS PUBLISHED ANYWHERE, ONLY "GO SHOOT BRUCE" ON THE SIGN .....ONLY TWO LOCATIONS WITHIN NEXT ISLAND DID I SEE A MENTION OF BRUCE ON THE SIGN POSTED AT WARRIOR PEAK AND A SIGN POSTED NEAR CRYSTAL CENTER TP, BOTH MADE IT APPEAR AS IF BRUCE WAS ACTIVE, OH AND BRUCE WAS STANDING THERE!!!!!!! WHY THE HELL PUT AN EVENT MOB IN THE GAME IF THE EVENT ISN'T ACTIVE!!!!

"3.13 Discussion of other Planet Partners
Discussion of other planet partners within Entropia Universe should take place in the “Other Planet Partners” forum. Advertising or recruiting for other Planets is not allowed. Any posts in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice." THANKS BUT NOT A PLANET PARTNER ANY LONGER SO THIS CONVERSATION IS HAPPENING HERE, AS BERTHA POSTED 1ST.

It has only taken how long to hear anything official about known problems there?

AFTER I REACHED 5K AND SENT MY SUPPORT CASE, I WAS SCAMED.

THE F@%$(#& ACTIVE SIGN CLEARLY STATED GO SHOOT BRUCE SO I DID, WHY WAS THIS NOT POSTED IN A FORUM OR SOMETHING ANYWHERE WHEN THE SIGN WAS FIRST PUT UP!!!!!!! I GOOGLED EVERYTHING I COULD FIND ON NI AND BRUCE NOTHING WAS PUBLISHED ANYWHERE, ONLY "GO SHOOT BRUCE" ON THE SIGN .....ONLY TWO LOCATIONS WITHIN NEXT ISLAND DID I SEE A MENTION OF BRUCE ON THE SIGN POSTED AT WARRIOR PEAK AND A SIGN POSTED NEAR CRYSTAL CENTER TP, BOTH MADE IT APPEAR AS IF BRUCE WAS ACTIVE, OH AND BRUCE WAS STANDING THERE!!!!!!! WHY THE HELL PUT AN EVENT MOB IN THE GAME IF THE EVENT ISN'T ACTIVE!!!!

"3.13 Discussion of other Planet Partners
Discussion of other planet partners within Entropia Universe should take place in the “Other Planet Partners” forum. Advertising or recruiting for other Planets is not allowed. Any posts in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice." THANKS BUT NOT A PLANET PARTNER ANY LONGER SO THIS CONVERSATION IS HAPPENING HERE, AS BERTHA POSTED 1ST.

MA, you better give the landarea to Wildman.......cause if you don't, there might well be a social outcry and from the sound of it a deserved one.

I vote for:

GIVE WILDMAN HIS BANANA! :banana:

Rgds

Ace

Reactions: EMW
The MA announcement is a little confusing indeed but isn't there a possibility there's a positive intent behind this? I mean, obviously MA has realized something's wrong with the mission, have to investigate.
1st logical step then would be shutting down the whole thing until it's finished to avoid making things even more complicated.
Right now they only have to find out if Wildman has completed the mission (if there was 5000 kills as required). If meanwhile someone else would try to accomplish the same mission, that would make the already messy situation even worse.
Or maybe i'm too optimistic? :scratch2:

I agree it's a big MA fuckup, but it was obvious from the first reading of that sign that there was something wrong.

I agree it's a big MA fuckup, but it was obvious from the first reading of that sign that there was something wrong.

There is a big difference between an ambiguous sign and the event isnt active though wouldnt you agree?

There is a big difference between an ambiguous sign and the event isnt active though wouldnt you agree?

I'll agree with that :)

Reactions: EMW
I wasn't sure about details now, maybe this one wasn't known. But more than one thing is broken on NI and this was the first time I saw anything official about it. Hope I didn't miss anything, don't want to accuse wrongly. Hope you get something for your damages, this is really not okay.

it was kind of strange that they put mission where you can win land area without giving any information on forums or in VU information,
its not in PP busines to keep things like that secret, they rather more ppl fight for it

it was kind of strange that they put mission where you can win land area without giving any information on forums or in VU information,
its not in PP busines to keep things like that secret, they rather more ppl fight for it

Yes they have added a few new type of missions not seen in game before and they as well are not fully working. But it does sucks that this is going on and hope it all works out (I'm on my way to wait for mission to open up again so I can get the land area) :yay:

It is not a land area, it is only a shop with 30 item points. The signs were clear "Go Kill Bruce" and "No Rules" Thus giving the right to kill steal. This lead me to believe this was a random event to those who happen upon the sign as these types of pop up events have happened in entropia in the past without official post preceding them.

You have a good but short memory......you think this forum is the best place to find help or best place to lose your head ? :D:D:D

Was there a mission counter installed?

Was there a mission counter installed?
No, but we assumed it was one of the stamina grinding missions, as these dont have counters, it was like 80 to 100 hours hard grinding.

No, but we assumed it was one of the stamina grinding missions, as these dont have counters, it was like 80 to 100 hours hard grinding.

Should have send a support before starting, if u never had those stamina grinding missions you would have never assumed the possibility of not having a counter.

It did state you have to kill "Bruce" 5000 times, how would that work without counters?

Back