Next Island known issues

Read to pg 8, then had enough ffs. I've never seen a stamina mission HOWEVER. I HAVE SEEN YEARLY MM MISSIONS, where you keep your own time BUT SO DOES MA. So it's very possible to have a mission without kill counter.

I VOTE PAY THAT GRINDER HIS PRIZE!

GIVE WILDMAN HIS DUE.

LB

So it's possible to not have a kill counter for a mission that requires you to kill a mob 5000 times?

What counter would u suggest?

Pencil and paper and hope the dog don't eat it?

So it's possible to not have a kill counter for a mission that requires you to kill a mob 5000 times?

What counter would u suggest?

Pencil and paper and hope the dog don't eat it?

Many of us track our ACTUAL eco and dps.

Simply divide total damage done against health of the creatures and you get your kill count. Don't overkill and it's pretty accurate, from 5000 kills I would say it would be off at most by 50.

Ofcourse silly me.

Finally the 1st thing I can agree with you on.

We used time to track the kills and I underestimated the count depending on what guns I was using at the time. But over all I used the lowest of 1 kill a min for 100 hours, I was killing as high as 3 a min for a good bit of the mission so 6k might even be low, regardless It was all over the 5k mission board. Counter I didn't think matter since it was controlled by MA and you had to produce the banana at 5k kills as a dropped loot, that was the end who needs a timer.

You have got to be a fairly new player, let me tell you I walked to school 5 miles each way in knee high snow in my day and we were happy.

Real cool to trash someone while temp ban

...who was recently banned...

cheers

Brick

btw...the only thing clear in this entire thread is that nothing is clear and since you can't grasp that you can put your dunce cap on now...but you've been wearing it since yesterday haven't you?...or continue making fun of everyone else's confusion as well T...nice try tho!

Brick

Nice trashing someone while on a temp bant . hey have pms on the forum for these reasons .. im sure the accused dunce would really like you to let him know ... and since this thread is about Next Island Known Issues.. send him a message instead of blasting here

**Bravo*

Can my Archon sword accept an amp yet. If not i dont need to log in....

"Go beat Bruce"

["OK"]

Looks like a mission to me.

He should get the estate.

Holy shit, sorry to hear that Wildman, that is totally Fucked Up....

MA just isn't trying to get rid of all the old items and stop any items from holding any value in the game but also all the old players it seems....

But hey we can all play farmsville and have bunnies :p

Give wildman the estate deed!!!!!!

It's really that simply MA. Wildman has done nothing but kill bruce for weeks. It's ok to say it's broken for everyone else BUT the person who pointed out to you that it's broken.

Dan Mata

Lets all stop playing this game then, based on your theory! They clearly can do what ever they want with 3 of you guys.

It's not a theory, it's simply the way things are. It's not my fault if that bothers some people.

As for MA being able to do what they want with "3 of you guys"... they can (and have) done what they want with all of us. I've had ample reasons to leave if MA not keeping their explicit promises was reason enough. That's not the point.

That point is that in this case it wasn't really a very explicit promise due to ambiguity. Is the banana supposed to be looted? Is it analogous to the amber situation mentioned earlier?

It should be a clue about the validity of this that nobody even had an idea what was being talked about in the "gratz to wildman" thread. How pointless is a grinding contest if almost nobody hears about it? Clearly this wasn't intended to be live yet: no advertising, not even an announcement. No one hosts a contest to give away a shop and then doesn't make a press release.

It's really that simply MA. Wildman has done nothing but kill bruce for weeks. It's ok to say it's broken for everyone else BUT the person who pointed out to you that it's broken.

Dan Mata

Umm never thought of it that way, the mission was posted on in-game board, I did what was asked and sent my support case well after 5k kills and no banana, no response from support to me. Till I see bertha post here.

Thanks dan

Many been supporting me on this I see, but what MA is failing to seeing their judgment is a mission meant to or not was posted in game and not addressed anywhere as valid or not, as a default to a player it is valid as hidden mission. I saw the mission and took it serious as well as many other players who supported me this past week with ped, fap and time to help complete the mission. Several were timing it and we expected to finish and see a banana at about 7pm est Friday night. No banana came so we kept shooting 2-3 Bruces a minute to make sure we were over 5k why oh why no banana? at that point some time Sat I sent support case, wtf no answer.

It's not a theory, it's simply the way things are. It's not my fault if that bothers some people.

As for MA being able to do what they want with "3 of you guys"... they can (and have) done what they want with all of us. I've had ample reasons to leave if MA not keeping their explicit promises was reason enough. That's not the point.

That point is that in this case it wasn't really a very explicit promise due to ambiguity. Is the banana supposed to be looted? Is it analogous to the amber situation mentioned earlier?

It should be a clue about the validity of this that nobody even had an idea what was being talked about in the "gratz to wildman" thread. How pointless is a grinding contest if almost nobody hears about it? Clearly this wasn't intended to be live yet: no advertising, not even an announcement. No one hosts a contest to give away a shop and then doesn't make a press release.

IT WAS ADVERTISED IN GAME READ UP ABOUT 100 POST. It was also NOT advertised as we put these mission boards in don't do it yet. So default you see in-game content act upon it.

Its not uncommon for assets to be added to a client update before the beginning of the event that actually uses them.

If Wildman had the banana I would say for sure that they would need to hand over the LA, without it I'd say its a line ball at best. In fairness they should probably officially begin the event immediately, credit him with the kills he already earned and give him the LA as soon as he finds the banana.

On the other hand and to play devils advocate, every event that has ever awarded a LA as the major prize has come with a certain amount of pomp and ceremony. Given the absence of all this you would generally suspect that something wasn't right. Especially after searching for information about it everywhere and finding nothing.... a little bit of common sense goes a long way sometimes.

just my 2 pec

Edit: just saw that its a shop not a LA, smaller things could probably get given with less of a fanfare so now I'm on the fence again

Although the line "Bruce will most likely behave in the future, and stay on the property" makes it sound more like a LA with the bruce mob than a single shop estate

Last edited:
How pointless is a grinding contest if almost nobody hears about it? Clearly this wasn't intended to be live yet: no advertising, not even an announcement. No one hosts a contest to give away a shop and then doesn't make a press release.
Well, if it's not intended to be live, don't put it out there. A well-known mistake in software development. And then in other places MA states "it's out there for you to be discovered" like with the pets when asked if this or that feature exists. So they encourage the searching for hidden easter eggs. It could be debated if it's too much of a stretch to lump a lengthy grinding mission with a big reward into that category, but then it is equally debatable if they can use that to just cop out and say "oops but you shouldn't have stumbled upon it". Lousy management whichever way you look at it.

When I had went to Next Island after the recent VU to finish my Cyclopes missions, I did not know what a 'Bruce' was when Wildman global'd alot on him. After finding out from others online where Bruce was, I read the 'message board', and witnessed Wildman killing the silly Monkey over and over and over again. So, IMO, give Wildman his reward as this whole situation is messed up as far as I know and MA needs to fix this ASAP! For now, in my support, I'm going to boycott NI until Wildman receives his hard earned reward (shop/estate) from MA.

Regards,
Vi

When I had went to Next Island after the recent VU to finish my Cyclopes missions, I did not know what a 'Bruce' was when Wildman global'd alot on him. After finding out from others online where Bruce was, I read the 'message board', and witnessed Wildman killing the silly Monkey over and over and over again. So, IMO, give Wildman his reward as this whole situation is messed up as far as I know and MA needs to fix this ASAP! For now, in my support, I'm going to boycott NI until Wildman receives his hard earned reward (shop/estate) from MA.

Regards,
Vi

thank you VI yes I saw you out there at least twice while I was grinding and did you ever see me alone? No many others felt it was an active mission as well, I didn't find it but it was brought to my attention so I did it, and this is my reward, a forum flogging after a I don't even want to say how many peds of ammo/decay and

I don't even know what to say anymore. I felt betrayed by the game I been playing for 10 years...

I've been trying damn hard to withhold myself, but...

(Borrowing SHY's uploaded gif here...)

joker.gif

Bravo...bravo.

This is the first time I've seen "players" taking the flak for trying to play a game.

The first time I've seen the player getting the blame for trying to do an in-game mission.

The first time I've seen it being the player's fault for attempting a newly made in-game quest only to find out that it needs hundreds if not thousands of USD.

So if its the player's fault for being the fool to ever try something first and its "common sense" to always wait for another fool to attempt it first, then who's ever gonna be the first fool?

Which brings me to my next question...

Am I playing a game that's still in pre-alpha or am I playing one that's gone gold?

So all that legacy of ten plus years is a joke? And we're all beta testers?

Nonetheless though, I shall wait intently to see how MA handles this.

(PS: BTW, anyone heard any feedback about the Next Island Deed drama way back a while ago involving Narfi and someone else or was it buried as usual?)

Last edited:
brain fart.......

(Borrowing SHY's uploaded gif here...)

joker.gif

Bravo...bravo.

This is the first time I've seen "players" taking the flak for trying to play a game.

The first time I've seen the player getting the blame for trying to do an in-game mission.

The first time I've seen it being the player's fault for attempting a newly made in-game quest only to find out that it needs hundreds if not thousands of USD.

So if its the player's fault for being the fool to ever try something first and its "common sense" to always wait for another fool to attempt it first, then who's ever gonna be the first fool?

Which brings me to my next question...

Am I playing a game that's still in pre-alpha or am I playing one that's gone gold?

So all that legacy of ten plus years is a joke? And we're all beta testers?

Nonetheless though, I shall wait intently to see how MA handles this.

(PS: BTW, anyone heard any feedback about the Next Island Deed drama or was it buried?)

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON SO MANY LEVELS! haters are jealous they didn't find it first.

Ahhhhhhhhh...the Next Island Real Estate...

I support Wildman!

Seriously MA?? Save yourself the embarrassment and give this dedicated player the prize.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I felt betrayed by the game I been playing for 10 years...

Please someone point me out again that i am calling MA "amateurs". Please !!!!
A bit of professionalism is not alowing for such statement to hapens. Incompetence shal be their 2nd name. Whole MA office is barely capable of running easy flash game from google play, let alone RCE MMO.

First Wildman deserw hes prize that is for sure!
But give MA some time this last anounsment about the mission is closed dont need to concern wildman as i se it.
As i se it the mission gives 2 possibilitys to get the deed 1.get the banana 2. kill bruce 5k times, pretty simple i would say. So acording to possibility 2 Wildman shall get the deed offcourse.

If he wouldent get it then its a BIG misstake! And the reputation for this game will sink ewen more sadly.

Cheers
Lazz

When I had went to Next Island after the recent VU to finish my Cyclopes missions, I did not know what a 'Bruce' was when Wildman global'd alot on him. After finding out from others online where Bruce was, I read the 'message board', and witnessed Wildman killing the silly Monkey over and over and over again.

I was on NI and saw a Bruce global... but I had no clue about not even the information board until someone told me about it yesterday. At the moment I asked around, nooke knew, but as I was in AG I assuemed it was one of the Cyclops in Thebes. I was just puzzled over that the client loader for Nextisland was completely empty, without a Word about, for instance, taming papoos were bugged.

Before the VU (some months ago) I saw a monkey called "Bruce" in the far North somewhere near a river (Enchanted River), but I thought it was a bugged NPC.

Where is "Warrior Peak"?
Edit: It appears to be here: (132351, 95632) somewhere.

Edit again: The map at http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Next_Island_maps_and_locations seems to be a bit... off... (just looking at map) not sure of the above coordinate. And clicking "maps and locations" on Entropedia just gives a White page.

An TP list here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?202766-the-new-islands

Last edited:
I was on NI and saw a Bruce global... but I had no clue about not even the information board until someone told me about it yesterday. At the moment I asked around, nooke knew, but as I was in AG I assuemed it was one of the Cyclops in Thebes. I was just puzzled over that the client loader for Nextisland was completely empty, without a Word about, for instance, taming papoos were bugged.

Before the VU (some months ago) I saw a monkey called "Bruce" in the far North somewhere near a river (Enchanted River), but I thought it was a bugged NPC.

Where is "Warrior Peak"?
Edit: It appears to be here: (132351, 95632) somewhere.

Edit again: The map at http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Next_Island_maps_and_locations seems to be a bit... off... (just looking at map) not sure of the above coordinate. And clicking "maps and locations" on Entropedia just gives a White page.

I had no idea where warriors peak was either, Jon my m8 called me up and said get over here look at this. An hour latter I finally went, I felt what I saw to be legit and on to killing we went. Entropia Life or entropiatracker depending who you ask wasn't tracking Bruce either till I brought him to their attention.

First a message to Wildman.. you posted to MA support at a weekend mate... never expect a fast reply from something at a weekend, the people they need to refer it to simply aren't there until Monday at the earliest, later if it was a 'holiday weekend' so let's hope that once they are back at their desks they can look into this and after investigation, a suitable response will be made

Second - to Mind Ark
Whether this event was meant to be released later, or if it failed to work as MA intended is not really the issue here. The facts are simple, MA you put the board showing the rules in game, you put Bruce in-game, you made it possible to kill Bruce, it was therefore more than reasonable to assume that the event was working.

There have been many missions (large and small) without a counter, or with broken counters and while some of us may have queried it, others have seen it too many times, with no adverse effects for it to ring alarm bells, as you would expect, had we not already been trained in this Pavlovian way to ignore the effects of bad programming.

There have also been screwed up missions and mission rewards where MA have had to do a quick rethink and either pay compensation, extend time scales or even invent a second reward.

As I see it Wildman did this mission in good faith and in the absence of any information from MA to indicate otherwise.
The ambiguity of banana and/or mission kills is again does muddy the water,
If it should read 'and banana' then MA should tell him you also need a banana to complete.. he can then go seek the banana. Or MA should accept responsibility for the ambiguity and make an offer of say an adjusted prize.
If however it should have stated 'or banana' then give him the reward.
Either way Wildman should be able to complete the mission ahead of others and get what he expected.

and
MA still have time to turn this around. Show folk they can admit their errors, show us they are good enough to put it right and give the winner his award.
If the mission was due for later launch to create some interest and serious activity... then also re-launch with a second prize, and having turned this mess into success, use this publicity as a springboard.

Off topic a little...
Meanwhile as an aside to MA, you need at least 1 more employee.. they would easily pay for themselves.. get a proof reader.. someone for who English is their first language. Stop publishing things (including answers from support) until the proof reader has checked it, there is little that is more damaging to a companies reputation than errors caused by poorly worded or poorly translated official statements and information. I in no way mean this as an insult to those who prepare items for publication, but even the best can make a typo or get in a muddle when copy/pasting, a fresh set of eyes won't read what you think you wrote, they will see what you actually wrote, and be able to help you correct/clarify.
In many companies this proof-reading is mandatory before publication of even the most minor documents.
Hey here's a thought...how about using a player led panel..run some stuff past them for checking.. am damn sure some would give their time for free if it could help avoid situations that bring the game into disrepute.

Whether this event was meant to be released later, or if it failed to work as MA intended is not really the issue here. The facts are simple, MA you put the board showing the rules in game, you put Bruce in-game, you made it possible to kill Bruce, it was therefore more than reasonable to assume that the event was working.

Exactly..
GIVE WILDMAN HIS BANANA! :banana:

Its becoming so clear Mindarks main interest is "Pokemon", no longer Entropia.

Bugs ingame for months, every VU more fuck-ups.

Wake up Mindark while you still have a company!!!

Everyday we lose a little more faith in you!

Last edited:
... in this case it wasn't really a very explicit promise due to ambiguity. Is the banana supposed to be looted? Is it analogous to the amber situation mentioned earlier? ...
Arrgh!!!
Doer, u the last person i'd expect to come up with such a fuzzy thinking. Where's that ambiguity, show me? I can't see no ambiguity whatsoever. Let me show u what i can see.

First of all, lets just forget for a moment all the random associations that may pop up in your mind but have no direct reference in the message (i.e. Tanhok Amber). Otherwise we'll drown into unimportant irrelevant details and never get out of that mess. Deal?

OK, so here's that infamous message:
timestamped_bruce_rules2.jpg

It seems we can split the message into 3 statements:
A) Receive banana
B) Beat Bruce 5000 times
C) Send support case and get the deed
All the important info in the message is included in those 3 statements. Agree?

Next step, how those statements are related in this message?
A = C
B = C
It is a very simple pattern, do you agree? And we can safely assume "C" in both cases is indeed the same thing. Right?

If so, we can also say:
IF A=C AND B=C THEN A=B

OK, So far so good.

At this point we're facing The Contradiction - if indeed A=B (if beating Bruce 5000 times brings the banana), then why didn't this happen ingame?

From here only 2 possibilities, either the message was wrong (meaning, it was meant to say something else, but failed) or (if the message is correct) the game mechanics were broken (meaning, the banana had to drop but failed because of some bug).

And now the conclusion:
In a hindsight it doesn't matter, which one of those 2 possibilities was true. Even if it was the message that was faulty, MA still has to take responsibility and pay up according to the message as it was posted ingame.

Where's the ambiguity here? Afaik, there's no ambiguity, it's all very simple. :smoke:

Back