Compet Testing...

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
looking like Pokemon battles...

CHtpO20WUAAnFII.jpg:small

do you people understand, that compet is absolutely seperate program from Entropia unvierse ?
and what it will do is only steal players from eu .
since it is advertized only in eu websites.

Compet and EU are targeted at completely different audiences.

Are we going to trash talk about it even before it's released?

youtube and google is 2 different projects -> one for search, other for video project.

compet and eu -> games -> real cash . same audiance

for years people was thinking , skilling, making investment to a suepr game, and now, creator of a game shows dirrection to another game instead of developing more main target.

i doubt it is smart way

if different audiance, so why advertize it in eu sites?
i will never understand how is spliting 1 playerbase to 2 games will ever help eu to rize.

read it carefully :
3.7 – Advertising/Recruiting
Advertising or attempts of recruiting community members to other computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Planet Calypso is NOT permitted. Any and all such, references, threads or posts, including, without limitation, those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures, may be deleted without notice and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

Last edited:
You can play both. And if anyone was only playing EU because it is the ONLY cash game, and they change to compets and quit EU, then they would have quit EU anytime for any game, better it is another mindark game.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
You can play both. And if anyone was only playing EU because it is the ONLY cash game, and they change to compets and quit EU, then they would have quit EU anytime for any game, better it is another mindark game.

<removed>

you sayd exactly what i ment :
You can play both. And if anyone was only playing EU because it is the ONLY cash game, and they change to compets and quit EU

they cannot play 2 in 1 time, they will quit eu to play compet and will be not active in eu while playing ANOTHER game.
but mostly player will go from entropia - because there arvertisement only in eu sites.

<removed> i just dont understand why you don't see problem here.

why no advertisement in arkadia or rt forums ?? because it not belongs only for MA ? Ask how A team feels about Compets ? when they investing to project and Main ma target is compet.

p.s. no effence Venture, but i don't see any good from it when ma breaks forum rules (3.7) and advertizes other games that will steal playerbase and reduce eu economy only to get investors .

you sayd exactly what i ment :

they cannot play 2 in 1 time, they will quit eu to play compet and will be not active in eu while playing ANOTHER game.
but mostly player will go from entropia - because there arvertisement only in eu sites.

<removed> i just dont understand why you don't see problem here.

why no advertisement in arkadia or rt forums ?? because it not belongs only for MA ? Ask how A team feels about Compets ? when they investing to project and Main ma target is compet.

then they would have quit EU anytime for any game, better it is another mindark game.

If anyone is going to quit EU for this game, they were waiting to quit EU for any game. This game is not stealing them, it is releasing them into another MA game rather than competition.

And yes, you CAN play both games at the same time. I know I will. One game is for PC and the other for MOBILE. I play other games while playing EU all the time. Be it on my phone or on my 3ds or on another monitor.

<removed>

It is only advertised here because they can only advertise for free here, why waste money advertising a product that is not released yet.

i don't think that will happen because this compet thing will fail....
who will play this? there are thousands of other games out there and the pokemon monster battle style is out since 10years or what?...the young audience is playing free to play games like lol or sth...
some eu players will test it and find out you can't globl and uninstall...
others will not even touch it or uninstall right away if its the typical "MA quality"..

Last edited:
i don't think that will happen because this compet thing will fail....
who will play this? there are thousands of other games out there and the pokemon monster battle style is out since 10years or what?...the young audience is playing free to play games like lol or sth...
some eu players will test it and find out you can't globl and uninstall...
others will not even touch it or uninstall right away if its the typical "MA" quality..

There are zero games like this with RCE built in. They have a huge market to enter here.

then they would have quit EU anytime for any game, better it is another mindark game.

If anyone is going to quit EU for this game, they were waiting to quit EU for any game. This game is not stealing them, it is releasing them into another MA game rather than competition.

and tell me please - what is use of it for ANY of Eu players ?

do you think people who considering to leave EU will want to go o another game from same creator ?

WILL you have any better if EU will die and COMPETS will grow ?

EU WILL not have any proffit from compets , only ma will have, and that makes that EU ONLY LOSE his players, and will not get anything back.

and tell me please - what is use of it for ANY of Eu players ?

do you think people who considering to leave EU will want to go o another game from same creator ?

WILL you have any better if EU will die and COMPETS will grow ?

EU WILL not have any proffit from compets , only ma will have, and that makes that EU ONLY LOSE his players, and will not get anything back.

If a player is playing EU because it is their only option, and they don't really like the game.. They don't want to play, they want a new game. It is not hurting this game to let them go.

The benefits are amazing. If the player wants to spend more money but doesnt like EU they will spend it in compets. MindArk makes more money. You do know they own this game right? More Mindark Money is more money in Entropia Universe development as well.

Eu will grow because compets grows.

And say you are right <removed>, well then EU dies because everyone plays compets instead? Sounds like compets is doing great in that situation and everyone is more happy. I see no issue.

About your bold part... <removed>
MindArk IS ENTROPIA. If Mindark does better entropia does better.

That is like saying if Coke makes a new product and it sells well, then coca cola is dead, no the company makes both products and makes more money from it. They can then use the new products money to advertise the old and make even more profit.

There are zero games like this with RCE built in. They have a huge market to enter here.

yea in my thinking this is more another negative point...

game players (100%)->monster battle players (3%)->RCE monster battle players (0.003%)

who will play this?

Quite possibly the same people who run around with a little friend following them in Entropia.

But they'll play it on their lunchbreak / garden / toilet / bath / bed ..... and so on.

I see it as more as a complimentary product rather than competing.

If a player is playing EU because it is their only option, and they don't really like the game.. They don't want to play, they want a new game. It is not hurting this game to let them go.

The benefits are amazing. If the player wants to spend more money but doesnt like EU they will spend it in compets. MindArk makes more money. You do know they own this game right? More Mindark Money is more money in Entropia Universe development as well.

Eu will grow because compets grows.

And say you are right <removed>, well then EU dies because everyone plays compets instead? Sounds like compets is doing great in that situation and everyone is more happy. I see no issue.

About your bold part...<removed>
MindArk IS ENTROPIA. If Mindark does better entropia does better.

That is like saying if Coke makes a new product and it sells well, then coca cola is dead, no the company makes both products and makes more money from it. They can then use the new products money to advertise the old and make even more profit.

<removed> you dont understan a point what i say .

Mindark is one of companies that coowners with a company which deal real estate.

even deposited money from eu is not staying in theyr accounts, it is making money by investing it to other things.

When mindark got ALOT of money from EU playerbase -> they bought a real castle.https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?190865-POLL-Should-MA-spend-our-money-upgrading-entropia-or-upgrading-castles

Compets is one of projects that is stealing already deposited money top develop it.

Even now they stealing money and developer time that could be spent by making eu game better.

You will not get any better or eu will not get any better if compet will improve.

do you people understand, that compet is absolutely seperate program from Entropia unvierse ?
and what it will do is only steal players from eu .
since it is advertized only in eu websites.

I think you're completely misunderstanding the situation. The ComPet offering is to entice *new* people onto a *new* game where we're all stakeholders (when I say we I mean ComPet deed holders, of which I am not, currently.)

It will not steal players from EU, I don't see it having a real cash economy and why would hardcore RPGists leave EU for a battle game? If anything, it will be a platform for getting lots of new people to try a new game, where within that game I envisage there being some advertising of MindArk's other offerings... namely EU.

Please think about these things before you write propaganda.

I think you're completely misunderstanding the situation. The ComPet offering is to entice *new* people onto a *new* game where we're all stakeholders (when I say we I mean ComPet deed holders, of which I am not, currently.)

It will not steal players from EU, I don't see it having a real cash economy and why would hardcore RPGists leave EU for a battle game? If anything, it will be a platform for getting lots of new people to try a new game, where within that game I envisage there being some advertising of MindArk's other offerings... namely EU.

Please think about these things before you write propaganda.

i would agree if Mindark would advertize it OUTSIDE , not inside of eu gamers forums.

While i agree that a new game could be great for EU, let's look at the screenshot.

It has terrible graphics (1990's streetfighter graphics).
The gameplay *do 1,2,3,4 damage" looks very dull
They need 2 million dollars and 2 years to make a game a skilled person can make in a 24 hour game developing challenge, for the costs of a tray of red bull.

Maybe if they made the game 15 years ago they'd have a chance...

I made myself a promise to buy a new pet deed everytime some new information is released on compets to support to development. Today is the day i throw that promise out of the window.

Looks like shit, or something that some other studio came up in a week. I thought it would be more like Clash of Clans meets RCE. This and my current trust to Mindark, I won't put any money into Compet deeds.

I can't say I'm particularly interested in this ComPet thing (and don't really see the point of having pets in Entropia, but each to their own). Would someone seriously consider spending $5k on this thing? The mind boggles... but OK, I understand these figures are not uncommon in EU.

Might be old news but do I love this bit:

Q: The original description of ComPet sounded a lot like gambling. Is this the case?
A: ComPet will be a skill-based game with some random elements included for balancing and entertainment value, very much similar to Entropia Universe.

:laugh:

Where is this screenshot from anyways? I have not seen it posted anywhere officially.

Compet and EU are targeted at completely different audiences.

Are we going to trash talk about it even before it's released?

MA already have limited human resources to work on entropia and provide sufficient support service, since their net sales is colapsing year by year. Now they are wasting it even more on kids stuff like this.

I understand they urgently need money and events and red quads won't make it....but as ktpsmf mentioned its harmfull for our game. They can get money if they get players. They get players when they will back to microtransaction model and start treating their customers with respect, receiving positiv PR by that amongs MMO players. So far they ar failing at this.

Can't help laugh at their reason to "Why is Mindark creating a separate game on a different platform"

We have learned from our marketing efforts that many potential Entropia Universe participants are lost before even logging in to Entropia Universe due to inadequate computer requirements, internet bandwidth, or other factors. ComPet will give potential participants who are interested in the concept of Entropia Universe’s RCE-MMO but are unable to play the full PC version a chance to experience at least some part of the uniqueness of Entropia Universe

Work out issues inside Entropia Universe < Create another game

i allways supported Mindark in almost all their actions.

sorry , but compet is not that thing.

I can't believe so much EU money has been put into this product. Looks like trash. Imagine what EU could look like if all those resources were spent on the game that generated the profit..

For the sake of EU I hope they hit a market I truly do not understand

Currently testing the stability of the battle system. Here's a screenshot of the prototype in action!

Testing stability not the graphics. Screenshot of the prototype.

I will wait with my negative comments for now

I can't believe so much EU money has been put into this product. Looks like trash. Imagine what EU could look like if all those resources were spent on the game that generated the profit..

For the sake of EU I hope they hit a market I truly do not understand

Zero dollars. This is paid for by players.

Back