Compet Testing...

I can't believe so much EU money has been put into this product. Looks like trash. Imagine what EU could look like if all those resources were spent on the game that generated the profit..

For the sake of EU I hope they hit a market I truly do not understand

How much is alot and how much is not much ?

sweden programmers working for 5k usd/month and whine they get not so much.
chineese programmers working for 200usd/month are happy because they get 20 times more than others workers.

ask about quality? i bet chineese makes better qualities.

p.s. Ma will say that it is engine programming now, not a graphic or look. that is why it looks so ugly and minecraft style.

when microsoft makes a square windows with a a shitty boxes- > it is called fashion.
when others do same - > it is called not proffesional.

I cant play Compet because its a mobile game and i have a Ipad and Iphone and Appel do not allow this game because they consider it to be gambling, so therefore the "game" is not allowed it in theires appstore.:laugh:

I cant play Compet because its a mobile game and i have a Ipad and Iphone and Appel do not allow this game because they consider it to be gambling, so therefore the "game" is not allowed it in theires appstore.:laugh:

I know apple are a few years behind, but surely, they must have a Web browser in their products by now?

The question now arises: why they didn't outsource this? I think this another game was a great idea, only if they had some concept in mind before they started "developing" this. Now it looks exactly what you can imagine to happen when people with business degrees are thrown to project to develop a game. There was so much potential if they had targeted casual pocket gamer market with well designed and balanced game, with this shit they don't stand a chance. They lacked experience from the app market and developing/balancing a phone/tablet game, but still they did it by themselves. Stupid call.

its harmfull for our game

Our game? Our game !?!?!? You two little clowns dont even play anymore.

All you do is come here on forums and spread your butthurt negativity in an effort to justify your departure. And ironically enough people like you, who wave the flag of "we really care", are the ones that do the most damage to it.

How many potential players left before even giving it a try after reading your posts.

You don't deserve to call this your game.

It's not the graphics that bother people, it's the poor gameplay, which you can see clearly from the screenshot.

I doubt this is the only gameplay. Sure it's not Fallout 4, but there must be at least leveling and some strategy/equipment before the battle. And you must be ably to play it on your 4-5" phone with your coffee.

It's not the graphics that bother people, it's the poor gameplay, which you can see clearly from the screenshot.

This...

i REALLY was hopeing MA will come up wih something new and fresh that will not be stupid copy/paste of other game mechanics... i guess i was wrong.

Noone will be playing this since from what i can see on screenshot (despite the low level graphics which can be prototype) the game must be BOOOORING...

If they are proud of this thing visible on screenshot then i lost hope that ComPet will be any good.

Falagor
:bandit:

compet large image :

Mortal combat

I doubt this is the only gameplay. Sure it's not Fallout 4, but there must be at least leveling and some strategy/equipment before the battle. And you must be ably to play it on your 4-5" phone with your coffee.

yea you feed them nutrio to level and buy buffs..
it will be EU just without the good graphics, the scifi theme, mostly all of the items and the social aspect..

The question now arises: why they didn't outsource this? I think this another game was a great idea, only if they had some concept in mind before they started "developing" this. Now it looks exactly what you can imagine to happen when people with business degrees are thrown to project to develop a game. There was so much potential if they had targeted casual pocket gamer market with well designed and balanced game, with this shit they don't stand a chance. They lacked experience from the app market and developing/balancing a phone/tablet game, but still they did it by themselves. Stupid call.

That screenshot just shows what most games look like in their very early prototyping stage and i am fairly sure they are targeting casual pocket gamer market.

Games are developed with models and art that are not final so programmers can do their job while artists are still working on final models, textures etc.

yea you feed them nutrio to level and buy buffs..
it will be EU just without the good graphics, the scifi theme, mostly all of the items and the social aspect..

or in layman's terms without the lag and overitemization and no spammers and scammers but with the RCE element and posibility to get rich fast :yay:

That screenshot just shows what most games look like in their very early prototyping stage and i am fairly sure they are targeting casual pocket gamer market.

Games are developed with models and art that are not final so programmers can do their job while artists are still working on final models, textures etc.

I do understand what prototype means, but I don't see any potential in this anymore. It's way too simple in a bad way, looks like too much grinding. Mindark should hold a competition to design the gameplay concept for Compet and get rid off this street fighter/pokemon concept.

I think everyone is being a little overly pessimistic at the moment.

If I saw screenshots of Project Entropia before it was released I probably would have never played this game. Now I'm addicted.

imo, too soon to judge based on one screenshot of a prototype during it's testing phase.........
(yeah I could be wrong, but I'm gonna stay optimistic)

....I'd play in my downtime... when I can't play EU....
on my phone, or browser at work...

especially if I could use my pets from in game... (I remember something being mentioned by MA about how it will interact with in-game features as well)...

Yeah if this screenshot ends up being the ultimate game layout, agreed; it'll probably suck, so I hope it gets better.

Heck; everyone griped when they first saw the art being released for pets....
but then when pets finally came back, people were pretty happy with that.

(until they got nerf'd of course ://)

This is just MA's attempt at doing what a well known space sandbox has done with the linked fps game on playstation (not sure if i can mention other games)

If compets goes to plan i think MA hope it to boost the economy of EU by linking the economies, giving more profit opportunities for the players and themselves.

The game will attract another audience and hopefully bring new players to the universe. The reason i think that they are advertising within EU is that it is the cheapest way to gain momentum. If they are going to find any core players EU is the best place to start.

I think it is unfair to judge any of their advertising or prototypes until later in the game. We all know that historicaly advertising has been MA's weak point but that seems to be changing with time, perhaps they will advertise both with one big push once compets is ready.

This is just my optimistic opinion.

Our game? Our game !?!?!? You two little clowns dont even play anymore.

All you do is come here on forums and spread your butthurt negativity in an effort to justify your departure. And ironically enough people like you, who wave the flag of "we really care", are the ones that do the most damage to it.

How many potential players left before even giving it a try after reading your posts.

You don't deserve to call this your game.

I cycled more peds in that game in one week of my activity than you in your whole career here and I am playing it few good years longer than you. Also dragged here few friends. So don't call me clown. I deserve call it my game same as you or even more.

If you have other opinion..fine. Forum is for showing it. Calling names and causing unecesary flames is childish. Luckily I am very calm.

I have periods when i was advertising this game and draging here people like it was my fultime job. When things gone wrong i will not be blindly folowing fanboy. If I see shit like this harming one of best games I ever played I will not be quiet.

It's MA job to make customers spread positive voices about their game. All thay do is wasting their resources on crap, and destroying what was working well, with lack of even bit respect to customers. If they change that i can be positive again.

i would agree if Mindark would advertize it OUTSIDE , not inside of eu gamers forums.

The thread starter posted a pic from a Compets tweet.
How is that 'Mindark advertising it on an EU gamers forum' ??

As for this thread being in the General Discussion section, well I agree that ideally there should be a Compets section within the 'Beyond Calypso' group, and this thread should be in it. Neither of the two subsections currently there (ie Space and Other Planets) are at all appropriate.
I raised creating new sections at the time that ComPets (and the introduction of stables) was announced, but 711 vetoed doing that for now.
So, any ComPet discussion threads will remain in General Discussion due to lack of other options.

..snip...

And that doesn't change the fact that you are not helping at all, in fact you are making things worse.

Don't take my word for it, go to your profile and take a look at your posts for the last year. 99% of them are bashing MA, or this is shit, that is shit, amateurs this and that, MA sucks, the sky is falling, bad business, and a long etc.

Everything sucks. We get it mate, we do, thanks for the daily reminder.

The thread starter posted a pic from a Compets tweet.
How is that 'Mindark advertising it on an EU gamers forum' ??

As for this thread being in the General Discussion section, well I agree that ideally there should be a Compets section within the 'Beyond Calypso' group, and this thread should be in it. Neither of the two subsections currently there (ie Space and Other Planets) are at all appropriate.
I raised creating new sections at the time that ComPets (and the introduction of stables) was announced, but 711 vetoed doing that for now.
So, any ComPet discussion threads will remain in General Discussion due to lack of other options.

how many times news bots added compet info to pcf?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274381-ComPet-Bulletin-5&highlight=compet

Thats right...I am not MA emplyee to do their job. But my advices for them are for free.

It's more than year already when MA started screwing players and working things here. Take any of those posts you refering to and prove me wrong then i'll change my mind.

As for now band of amateur trying figure something out becourse they are running out of cash and their jobs are at risk. They make lot of moves in panic but most of them is wrong. They wasting time and resources like with that compets, which could be spent on making calypso fun to play as it used to be few years back. They are focusing on unnecesary things leaving core things damaged ( like economy, loot distribution )

A little offtopic, but ... BerthaBot and the Newsbot automatically pick up RSS feeds from various websites, including www.entropiauniverse.com of course.
And they have done this for years and years and years, long before anyone ever thought of ComPet.

So .. that's still not 'MindArk advertising on an EU gamers forum'.
That's the forum looking for and posting information that may be of interest to its members.

A little offtopic, but ... BerthaBot and the Newsbot automatically pick up RSS feeds from various websites, including www.entropiauniverse.com of course.
And they have done this for years and years and years, long before anyone ever thought of ComPet.

So .. that's still not 'MindArk advertising on an EU gamers forum'.
That's the forum looking for and posting information that may be of interest to its members.

so moderators should use word "compet" as a censorship.
or a little offtopic, bots should meet parameters of continous violating 7,3 rule should be banned.

so moderators should use word "compet" as a censorship.
or a little offtopic, bots should meet parameters of continous violating 7,3 rule should be banned.

For Entropians, it is NOT an unrelated article, as you can buy deeds to ComPet (and become a stake/share holder) via Entropia Universe.

I dont see a reason for this uproar quite honestly.

I sincerely doubt anyone will leave EU to play a mobile based game. These are both *games* but very different in terms of how its played and the dynamics of each. Most people who move a lot will be able to play compet on there mobiles/ipads or whatever whereas when at home and they are looking to play something more engaging, EU would be a better fit. I don't see why or how there is a "mutually exclusive relationship" model being portrayed.

Now, compet on the other hand has the potential to bring EU and MA a big boost in terms of advertisement if they play there cards right. As such I would want it to be a success rather then a failure and then we can get people from compet moving to EU who will have got familiar with the RCE model and ready to get onto more complexities.

Overall, I think people get too narrow minded. Why should arkadia be preferred .. Why rocktropia is getting this?.. bla bla bla.. You do realise that MA doing well will always work out well for EU and the same with all planets etc.. The idea should be to sync up as many resources as possible and work towards a common goal..

My 2 cents,

Divinity

big grats to Mindark that they try to make something proffitable as a company.
and we have no right to tell them that they should not put porgrammer time recources or deposited money to invest creating new game.

but i will never agree that they advertise it in any form among Eu playerbase.

And for Divinity : if a player comes with reason to spend 100usd. I would prefer he go gamble on explosives bp in eu , than going to spend it in compets.

1. Mindark has same result.
2. Entropia will have different result.

btw. ma never listen any opinions, so it just empty talks...

Last edited:
Compets isn't my kind of game but i'm sure MA have done their market research into it before spending development time on it. I've not bought any compet deeds, have no intention of playing it, but i hope it does well and rewards those who have invested into it via deeds.

The screenies don't look to impressive but as others have said it isn't representative of the finished product, more test phase and unpolished.

I really don't understand the negativity, if it flops so be it but at least wait until it is released and the full version can be seen before starting to slate/support it.

1. Mindark has same result.
2. Entropia will have different result.

The game, I believe, is not going to be an RCE game is it? It will be more of a micro transaction game like so many other mobile platform games.

If I'm permitted to have a criticism, it would be of the platform of development. The point of mobile apps is they are developed in native development tooling related to the OS of the device, making them run effectively and integrating with things like Google Play and Apple Store. If this is just going to be a website, how is it going to reach a wide audience like mobile games developed for Android and iOS do?

I agree with Joda that Berta Bot should get a temp ban from advertising other game here.

About compets, I think they will be highly successful, and if advertised properly outside of EU it may be huge.
But it will take alot of EU players, and some have a limited budget so cant play both games as depositors.

So compet will take away a share of EU money for sure.

Some of the points that have been brought up in this thread need to be addressed.

• Cross Promotion I think you will find that pretty much every game company uses their different games to promote each other, this is beneficial to all the games as its essentially free advertising, in this case to a completely new audience.
  • Graphics ComPet is in the very early stages of development and what you see is nowhere near what the final product will look like, you can expect it to be on par with other quality games currently in the market.
  • Resource Allocation The development is in fact being outsourced, we only do some of the concept and design work in-house.
  • Game Design There is a lot more to the game than what you can deduct from seeing this screenshot such as building your village, leveling and choosing stats, customizing abilities etc.

Some of the points that have been brought up in this thread need to be addressed.

• Cross Promotion I think you will find that pretty much every game company uses their different games to promote each other, this is beneficial to all the games as its essentially free advertising, in this case to a completely new audience.
  • Graphics ComPet is in the very early stages of development and what you see is nowhere near what the final product will look like, you can expect it to be on par with other quality games currently in the market.
  • Resource Allocation The development is in fact being outsourced, we only do some of the concept and design work in-house.
  • Game Design There is a lot more to the game than what you can deduct from seeing this screenshot such as building your village, leveling and choosing stats, customizing abilities etc.

Oki - good news - some hope restored ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Back