ComPet-Bulletin--6

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]ComPet Bulletin #6[/h] We are currently testing the stability of the battle system. Here's a screenshot of the prototype in action!
Please note that this is a prototype built for game design and testing purposes only. It does not represent what the final product will look like. Any and all graphics shown are subject to change.

The picture shows a pet battle in full swing.
The two players take turns choosing what ability their pet will use next. The key to success in battle is to manage your pet’s health, mana, stamina, abilities and cooldowns in order to overcome your opponent. Just before the battle begins, you choose your ability set and apply buffs to your pet in order to maximize the effectiveness of your strategy and play style.
In the final product your pet will battle in vibrant environments, and have a vast amount of different abilities to choose from, which will cater to all play styles and strategies.
The pet battle is just one of many aspects of ComPet. Stay tuned for more updates and info as ComPet develops!

• Follow us on twitter @playComPet to receive more exciting updates on the ComPet app!
  • Go to www.competgame.com now to get your ComPet deed!

Originally Posted Here

Thank you Avalon Butterfly Erupter, thanks to you we got some new information on the compets. :yay:

Am I the only one that wishes MA would focus on EU and not some stupid web app for kids?

Am I the only one that wishes MA would focus on EU and not some stupid web app for kids?

The response i would have for this rubbish would be too vulgar.

MindArk are

Please move this to Off-Topic posts please.

I sure hope the graphics on the final app is better then that :)

Some of the points that have been brought up in this thread need to be addressed.

• Cross Promotion I think you will find that pretty much every game company uses their different games to promote each other, this is beneficial to all the games as its essentially free advertising, in this case to a completely new audience.
  • Graphics ComPet is in the very early stages of development and what you see is nowhere near what the final product will look like, you can expect it to be on par with other quality games currently in the market.
  • Resource Allocation The development is in fact being outsourced, we only do some of the concept and design work in-house.
  • Game Design There is a lot more to the game than what you can deduct from seeing this screenshot such as building your village, leveling and choosing stats, customizing abilities etc.

Kim your work is well miss placed. Have you ever thought to out-source EU itself to more qualified game engineers? Funny thing about this is if you were to release a new set of Deeds for this people would buy them up knowing, hopeing, we would get an all around better game for the masses to like.

Last edited:

how-i-met-your-mother-rally.jpg

i don't think it is an app, i think it is a browser game.

So MA are screwing themselves even more!!!!

Rgds

Ace

Most people nowadays are on tablet or phone. And i would hazard a guess the vast majority of those only play games from the app store.

I think that, not only is this a complete waste of time and money, they are not even hitting their target audience.

And knowing MA's lack of ability to advertise, this will be a monumental flop.

Rgds

Ace

I do agree with ya Ace... Sad but true.

Thank you Bertha Bot for this information :)

Most people nowadays are on tablet or phone. And i would hazard a guess the vast majority of those only play games from the app store.

Compet will probably be on the apps store, so?

HEY MA, can you fix the in game missions first, before wasting all this time and money on something designed for kids that aren't even old enough to play EU to develop a pet for this. What a waste....

Compet will probably be on the apps store, so?

I hope so, but Virtual Tycoon hasn't still seen the daylight in iTunes, which doesn't promise good. I think, everything should be fine if the app doesn't use in-app purchases as those aren't allowed even in gambling apps.

The secret is out now:p

*X-Files music begins to play*

I hope so, but Virtual Tycoon hasn't still seen the daylight in iTunes, which doesn't promise good. I think, everything should be fine if the app doesn't use in-app purchases as those aren't allowed even in gambling apps.

But it's on Google play and Android is more common than Ipones.

With more devices and more apps in the store, Android users spend on apps 5 times less and are way less inclined to compulsive in-app purchases. That doesn't make them good target audience for ComPets :)

With more devices and more apps in the store, Android users spend on apps 5 times less and are way less inclined to compulsive in-app purchases. That doesn't make them good target audience for ComPets :)

Depends on what their main goal is. If the app is just meant to be a loss leader and main purpose is advertising eu then android makes perfect sense.

How do you know android users are more stingy?

And studies have shown that Android users are less intelligent than iPhone users, so this game should play right into their wheelhouse.

For the people concerned with the graphics in the picture, this is how game development works almost a 100% of the time first the systems needed are poc developed using placeholder graphics that are simply there to represent a 2D or 3D art asset.

This is so the Coders can quickly get work started without being held up by 2D and 3D art production, which in alot of cases takes more time, goes through more itterations and hold different priorities.

Compet isent really my cup of tea but good to see that progress is being made on it.

Cheers
Zweshi

This is so the Coders can quickly get work started without being held up by 2D and 3D art production, which in alot of cases takes more time, goes through more itterations and hold different priorities

Of course, you just usually don't expose such things in press releases for end users. Paraphrasing Bismarck's words, software products are like sausages, it's better not to see them being made :)

For this to have been a chance they should have made it in unity and sold it on every website and app-store they could find. As it stands having to go to the website to play it off your phone and the issues that raises will be a deal breaker to a lot of people. Not to mention so many people that will simply not find it because it isn't in the app-stores.

Back