strongboxes from webshop..

Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it! bought some :mad:

15 rings - all the non (L) ones look tradeable

Yeah so Adjusted, Improved, Modified, Augmented and Unique all seem tradeable. They gonna go for good Ped. Especially that Iapetus one.

nvm..too short

:lolup:

Saw your discoveries on EL, you are Lord of the Shit Rings now? :laugh:

Lol

I got two good rings: +4% evade/dodge/jam on left hand and +4% reload, +0.4% crit chance + some crit damage on my right.

Let the games begin? Crap, they already begun... MA's way of saying: We didn't have money to pay the CLD weekly, so we had to do something! You pay us, to pay you :D

My result (50 Boxes):

3 x Common Pets
19 x Adj.Loot Pills
2 x Pet Tags
A big pile of different Boosters (I like Boosters!)

...and Universal Ammo (400+ PED).

Good job, MA! ;)
I like this idea.

Pets and tags are tradable, so we waiting for speculators! :laugh:

This also means NO skills required to affect the results??? That's got to be pure gambling!!!???
AND, you can only do the 'clicks' with directly paid MONEY into the webshop???? Definitely gambling...c'mon.

But they don't tell you the chances of each item set, or even average tt return.....

This is no different then about 80% of the cell phone games out there, buy packs you get boxes/chests to open to randomly get items to play game with. They are doing nothing here that is not being done by many many many many many other companies are already doing and have been for years.

This is no different then about 80% of the cell phone games out there, buy packs you get boxes/chests to open to randomly get items to play game with. They are doing nothing here that is not being done by many many many many many other companies are already doing and have been for years.

I say that those cell phone game boxes/chests are all purely one-way deposits, at least officially. I don't know if black markets exist.

With EU it is different, as peds can be withdrawn again (RCE). MUs can also be 'converted into peds' when someone buys from you - and then withdrawn too.
MA may be trying to muddy the water by making the boxes 0tt and the keys apparently having all the tt value?
What happens when you use the key once? Does it decay by 1 ped? It doesn't look to me like keys are (L), so can they be repaired? Apparently keys cannot be traded, so the only way in to this 'establishment' is via the webshop to purchase a key?

Questions, questions - and I find this all questionable, but see a whole load of people jumping for joy and pumping peds into the webshop!
So I might as well ask this as well: are all peds spent via the shop a platform expense without any PPs taking a cut? Does it also mean no clds get a share etc? I.e. you don't need to be on a planet anywhere to do all this clicking now.... is that 'gambling outside the box'? ;)

I say that those cell phone game boxes/chests are all purely one-way deposits, at least officially. I don't know if black markets exist.

With EU it is different, as peds can be withdrawn again (RCE). MUs can also be 'converted into peds' when someone buys from you - and then withdrawn too.
MA may be trying to muddy the water by making the boxes 0tt and the keys apparently having all the tt value?
What happens when you use the key once? Does it decay by 1 ped? It doesn't look to me like keys are (L), so can they be repaired? Apparently keys cannot be traded, so the only way in to this 'establishment' is via the webshop to purchase a key?

Questions, questions - and I find this all questionable, but see a whole load of people jumping for joy and pumping peds into the webshop!
So I might as well ask this as well: are all peds spent via the shop a platform expense without any PPs taking a cut? Does it also mean no clds get a share etc? I.e. you don't need to be on a planet anywhere to do all this clicking now.... is that 'gambling outside the box'? ;)

From what I have heard and seen with my boxes you get about what you pay for in ped value out of them. If you sell for more to others that is not gambling. If you would buy 50 boxes for 50usd and get 200usd of stuff out of them ped value to tt and then cash out then yes it would be gambling. I have not heard of anyone saying they got more tt value then they bought out of those boxes yet.

And from my experience I got 50 boxes and 50 keys, I expended a key every time I opened a box. Boxes are tradable, keys are not so not sure why people would trade boxes since you can't open them without keys.

Also yes to my understanding Webshop purchases do not contribute to the CLD payouts, but neither does using the deposit app in the game, you acutally have to burn the ped on calypso you purchased for it to count towards calypso profits.

BTW about every game out there has people selling and trading accounts for profit.

Last edited:
One more comment - depending on how many of the different flavors of rings come out, may have an effect on the value of the Vampiric Cloak of Lifesteal and the Vampiric Cloak of Vitality!!??!!

Oh indeed.

I have a +10 hp ring now. Since it doesn't decay at the moment it's pretty much a vitality cloak for me.

Only problem is that I only have one left hand, and can't decide between +evade -crit damage / +acceleration / +hp....

Oh indeed.

I have a +10 hp ring now. Since it doesn't decay at the moment it's pretty much a vitality cloak for me.

Only problem is that I only have one left hand, and can't decide between +evade -crit damage / +acceleration / +hp....

They do decay or at least my acceleration ring does .

Did you figure out how or why? Taking damage? Time based? Distance traveled?

After paying some attention it is the equip fee, since I was testing out the ring everytime I took it off and put it back on it cost me 0.02 . I did not notice this fee at first .

How much ammo do you average finding on say 10 boxes. Just curious if this better than buying $10 ammo packs

How much ammo do you average finding on say 10 boxes. Just curious if this better than buying $10 ammo packs

I got about 40usd of universal ammo out of a 50usd box pack

From what I have heard and seen with my boxes you get about what you pay for in ped value out of them. If you sell for more to others that is not gambling. If you would buy 50 boxes for 50usd and get 200usd of stuff out of them ped value to tt and then cash out then yes it would be gambling. I have not heard of anyone saying they got more tt value then they bought out of those boxes yet.

And from my experience I got 50 boxes and 50 keys, I expended a key every time I opened a box. Boxes are tradable, keys are not so not sure why people would trade boxes since you can't open them without keys.

Also yes to my understanding Webshop purchases do not contribute to the CLD payouts, but neither does using the deposit app in the game, you acutally have to burn the ped on calypso you purchased for it to count towards calypso profits.

What I mean is that originally, first you deposited then you tried to convert into mu by doing an activity on a planet (mostly - I know there is space too). But now there is a new big layer where you can convert your 'deposit' directly into a gamble of stuff, some of which will have mu.

I don't know whether it avoids gambling rules in that absolutely zero boxes have a tt value higher than 10 peds? [no box a winner (in gambling terms) - guaranteed!?] I'd like to know something about what the boxes contain in that case, as it appears to me the perceived/real mu in game is a vital factor there... You'd also need pretty close to 10 peds tt in each box as well for the average not to be quite a lot below that....

And why should anybody burn PED for taming (seeking rars), if it is easyer and cheaper to buy 100 boxes (equals 1000 PED tame hunt) to get a rar PET + lots of buffs + ammo and other things?

Thats the problem here!

Why should anybody hunt in next Halloween Mayhem for a vampiric cloak, when you can get a ring doing the same at higher chance than whinning that damn cloak in an event?

This boxes are big fail imho !

And why should anybody burn PED for taming (seeking rars), if it is easyer and cheaper to buy 100 boxes (equals 1000 PED tame hunt) to get a rar PET + lots of buffs + ammo and other things?

Thats the problem here!

Why should anybody hunt in next Halloween Mayhem for a vampiric cloak, when you can get a ring doing the same at higher chance than whinning that damn cloak in an event?

On Halloween Mayhem you can loot an Modified One Ring personally from Sauron :laugh:
Risk with boxes is higher, you can loot only Universal Ammo and boosters...

Thats the problem here!

1st, I am guessing only certain pets will come from the boxes not ALL PETS and ALL RARE PETS, pretty sure they are not going to start putting Black Hogglo pets and the like in the boxes. Boxes probably be for the cats, dogs, pandas, and what was that other one again and their rare types. You still have to go out and get your bunny, hogglo, devil etc via grinding. They are just working on populating pets for their web game in a fast method, and probably in a way consistent with how you would do it via the mobile compet game. But this is all speculation as no-one knows WTF MA will actually do, I doubt they even know.

2nd, you can't get rid of the universal ammo in any way shape or form besides grind it away, so you have to grind it to convert it.

3rd, I've stated this many times in past year or two, MA is working hard to devalue game items and make old stuff obsolete in order to transition to the new stuff, I have noticed this since the day I started playing. Nothing we can do about it but quit if you don't like it I am afraid, one of the reasons I will never invest big in games, not just this one, not any game. I pay for my play enjoyment only nothing else, because if I were to invest in such risky shenanigans I would loose my ass. But some do and some do come away with some profit that's the risk I guess, and guess I'll never be one of those....

Last edited:
What I mean is that originally, first you deposited then you tried to convert into mu by doing an activity on a planet (mostly - I know there is space too). But now there is a new big layer where you can convert your 'deposit' directly into a gamble of stuff, some of which will have mu.

I don't know whether it avoids gambling rules in that absolutely zero boxes have a tt value higher than 10 peds? [no box a winner (in gambling terms) - guaranteed!?] I'd like to know something about what the boxes contain in that case, as it appears to me the perceived/real mu in game is a vital factor there... You'd also need pretty close to 10 peds tt in each box as well for the average not to be quite a lot below that....

Markup is a player based view it is not the actual value that MA sees it at, all MU is only worth MU if you think it is worth MU. So stating you buy to hold MU to all that view it is actual blind to how the system works.

As I stated I have gotten pretty close if not exactly 10ped tt from every single box I opened, it makes no diff to MA if we think the items have Markup. I like the suspense and think it is great incentive just like on other games I play, lets you get hope you get something nice but at least you break even if you don't.

Feeding the gambling addiction: Do you feel like a winner? (Inside look @ MA's EU today and into the 'possible' future; as this book has not been written yet).

Geez MA, after my with-drawl that started in March of this year in which my money finally came into my bank early this month; MA is teasing me with these new strong boxes now, lol.

Interesting move here by MA as some feel its good and others not so much. Just seems that MA did hire Psychologists and Gambling Researchers/analyzers on this concept and we are all guinea pigs on this, lol. Well, MA is banking on this and interesting to see how long these strong boxes will be available in the Webshop.

Looks like I'll be feeding my inner curiosity soon by taking a look inside these virtual boxes, haha. Too bad the keys to these boxes are not trade-able otherwise I'd just hand over 10ped to sample one of the boxes instead.

Why Smeagol, why!

Markup is a player based view it is not the actual value that MA sees it at, all MU is only worth MU if you think it is worth MU. So stating you buy to hold MU to all that view it is actual blind to how the system works.

Apart from some grammatical error in the second sentence making an exact meaning uncertain, MU is of course a value that MA factors in, because it can create demand which people will trade/spend peds for, but which has much less 'value' if tt-ed and at some point withdrawn to real money.
When I write 'factors in' I mean it has an important function in game that MA is well aware of. It appears that approx. 75% of the boxes' tt value is ammo, which has to be cycled, for most people at a loss against MA. But the attractive part for the players is of course the use and mu of items that are in the boxes too.

I think most people know that it is other players you must provide something useful for when you want break even or even profit here.... I think that most of the stuff that can be sold from the boxes will be sold (in order to find the players who value each particular item the most for their play styles...).

As I said, not sure where you are directing the blindness at, but most people are blinder towards the long-term end of the road than the short-term bit of it ;)

Im thinking the timing of bringing in the boxes is to make us forget about how much they screwed over wildman. Worst step by MA sofar.

it says this on the Webshop info...

But thats not all!
There are tonnes of different goodies to be found in Classified Treasure boxes. And your Classified Strongbox will always contain at least one item!

And yet what I see from peoples results are mostly ammo and pills from multiple boxes so my question is...

Is MA calling these pills items? (I'm gonna assume the ammo isnt an item)

From what I see listed on the wbesite only the rings and pets could be called items,all the rest I would call consumables.

Any thoughts?
Have I missed something as usual?

it says this on the Webshop info...

But thats not all!
There are tonnes of different goodies to be found in Classified Treasure boxes. And your Classified Strongbox will always contain at least one item!

And yet what I see from peoples results are mostly ammo and pills from multiple boxes so my question is...

Is MA calling these pills items? (I'm gonna assume the ammo isnt an item)

From what I see listed on the wbesite only the rings and pets could be called items,all the rest I would call consumables.

Any thoughts?
Have I missed something as usual?

Well I suppose if we compare it to 'scratch off' cards where it often says "sorry you lost - better luck next time" it means, you will get at least something for your $1.

Which is a damn sight more than I get off my usual weekly lottery ticket. :grumble:

Back