New in Entropia - Classified Strongboxes

Hey look, the UL rings are going to big name players! Surprise :laugh:

It will help.. the changes are needed but they could have put this stuff in loot. At least then I would feel hunting is a worthwhile profession again. :s

Wish MA did, but think MA is too busy on 'battle-pets', I mean C0mPets atm.

@MA

If you decide to create a "lotto" at least make sure the outcome of it isn't so obvious that it clearly shows to be rigged, which will lose you potential customers. :)

Feeding the gambling addiction: Do you feel like a winner? (Inside look @ MA's EU today and into the 'possible' future; as this book has not been written yet).

Geez MA, after my with-drawl that started in March of this year in which my money finally came into my bank early this month; MA is teasing me with these new strong boxes now, lol.

Interesting move here by MA as some feel its good and others not so much. Just seems that MA did hire Psychologists and Gambling Researchers/analyzers on this concept and we are all guinea pigs on this, lol. Well, MA is banking on this and interesting to see how long these strong boxes will be available in the Webshop.

Looks like I'll be feeding my inner curiosity soon by taking a look inside these virtual boxes, haha. Too bad the keys to these boxes are not trade-able otherwise I'd just hand over 10ped to sample one of the boxes instead.

Why Smeagol, why!

Real cash economy.

I'll never deposit or buy items from the web store that are bound to my avatar.

And I mean never:wise:

Other then that, the items are cool

Sooo....

A unique ring has been looted. When are we getting the stats for the replacement ring? :D

What replacements? Did I miss something?

What replacements? Did I miss something?

There will always be a chance of looting a unique ring, as one has been recently looted, a replacement unique ring needs to be made available. The notes suggest there will always be a chance of two unique rings being available.

replacement already in shop:

The new Unique Tethys Ring has been added to the Classified Strongbox potential contents.
The Unique Tethys ring features:
• Worn on Left Hand
• 5% Faster Reload
• 15% Increased Critical Damage
• 15% Increased Run Speed
• 10% Increased Laser Skillgain

remember that if you support this business model they will keep at it.

Selling stuff directly to you requires less developer work for storylines, events and all other sorts of ingame content.

The more you buy the more they take it as acknowledgement that players dont want content.

Be aware that supporting that new way to recieve ingame items will steer how your game is designed in the future.

If you think that you support mindark with your shopping tours and they will develope the game much further cause they have more income that way , you are much likely to be wrong. They will expand the shop.

The same business model "ingame store" is installed within guild wars 2 for years and the playerbase of guild wars 2 is angry with arenanet for not delivering enough content but to focus on the store and all that. Some started to refuse to pay the price for a expansion now.

History will repeat here. There will be alot people who buy tons of chests , gain no desired items , feel monetary exploited and leave.

Dont think that theres a " personal chests counter which will pay you back" or can it be that... what the...

I was very fortunate, I opened 150, and managed to loot an Hermetic improved ring, which I may be selling if I get the right offer.

I was very fortunate, I opened 150, and managed to loot an Hermetic improved ring, which I may be selling if I get the right offer.

lucky you up to 500 and best thing I've got are 2 Z2 pills and 2 rare panda's everything else is common stuff.

could someone who knows stuff about managing a firm or what ever you call these kind of things enlighten me as to why MA chose not to allow the purchase of those boxes for PEDs?

Is that a move to get more currency into the game, i.e inflation (not in a bad word!)? Or is it just that people like opening packs with random content (tcg etc.) so they figured that will raise deposits? Will it though, cuz most people depo a set amount and prolly would just depo less through the normal means.

I'd like to know the logic behind it, cuz it seems very strange to me.

Regards
Me

This is a skill based game, what skills do you get opening boxes? :scratch2:

This is a skill based game, what skills do you get opening boxes? :scratch2:

Ever watched 'Deal or no deal?'

Which considering we've had people complaining for years of people getting stuff with no skill we've now got boxes that contain decent loots or unique items that require no skill to open.

Please MA let me tt(for ped) the trash I don't need in these boxes.

secondededed *too short*

One of the purposes of this kind of deposit is to give us incentive to do stuff in game. If we could just tt the stuff we did not need this incentive would be diminished. But perhaps Ma could broaden the range of gear we could get from these boxes to cater for more than hunters.

One of the purposes of this kind of deposit is to give us incentive to do stuff in game. If we could just tt the stuff we did not need this incentive would be diminished. But perhaps Ma could broaden the range of gear we could get from these boxes to cater for more than hunters.

that doesn't make sense though. How do the pills give you an incentive. You use them when you do stuff, not to do stuff. The uni ammo is fine, the pills are bad. But maybe I feel different than most, that might very well be possible.

Regards
Thark

If you want PEDs you can make a normal deposit.

What you're asking for is to have the possibility to loot the rare rings without any of the risk.

Stop giving me so much Neurotism H.

If you want PEDs you can make a normal deposit.

What you're asking for is to have the possibility to loot the rare rings without any of the risk.

Actually I, personally, don't care much about the boxes.

But, your comment shows that we don't really understand MAs motivation for the boxes. Why the f would MA care if I get the possibility to loot the rare rings without the risk? They wouldn't. money gets deposited and more peds are in-game in what ever form. That was the the point I was trying to make, so as to motivate people to think about this and explain to me why we can't use peds to buy boxes.

Does that make any sense? I feel my English stinks this morning. ;)

Actually I, personally, don't care much about the boxes.

But, your comment shows that we don't really understand MAs motivation for the boxes. Why the f would MA care if I get the possibility to loot the rare rings without the risk? They wouldn't. money gets deposited and more peds are in-game in what ever form. That was the the point I was trying to make, so as to motivate people to think about this and explain to me why we can't use peds to buy boxes.

Does that make any sense? I feel my English stinks this morning. ;)

Actually MA would care since the rings (currently atleast) makes hunting more eco = more gain for players.

And by introducing pills which require use to be useful they will give us incentive to do more stuff in game = more decay for MA. (Incentive will come since many players will likely not want X amount of peds to go to waste)

Actually MA would care since the rings (currently atleast) makes hunting more eco = more gain for players.

And by introducing pills which require use to be useful they will give us incentive to do more stuff in game = more decay for MA. (Incentive will come since many players will likely not want X amount of peds to go to waste)

ah ok yeah true. thx.

Regards
Thark

Back